Broncos vs Cowboys - LIVE scores here (spoiler)

ohyeah said:
kimlo said:
ohyeah said:
Apart from the try Boyd was rubbish. It could've been a turning point when he dropped the ball 5m from his goal line. For some reason its seems to be all the Admins on here that love to ride his ... icon_thumbs_u
Robinson was rubbish as well. Reminds me of Bott. Though Robinson defends a bit better than him.
Ennis looked good. Some very sharp passes. Eastwood was also very good.

Sorry to sound so rude but your a f**ked in the head, OH NO, OH NO BOYDY DROPPED A BALL he should be in premier league again, boyd does a league first in dropping the ball even though cronulla who beat melbourne dropped the ball about 6 times in there own 20m zone, oh but they were *rubbish*.

Robinson sure he wasn't BRILLIANT but dude, theres a salary cap we can't have all superstars, he is actually pretty good for his third game (even though i prefer kemp) for you to call these two try scores rubbish even though one beat 4 defenders to score a try, it proves how little you know about rugby league, thank god your not the coach.

Oh btw maybe we should drop Boyd and Robinson for next weeks game and just put Parker and Clinton there to replace them.

Excuse me? Personal attack. Admins?

Sorry too busy riding that............

ohyeah said:
GCBRONCO said:
ohyeah said:
kimlo said:
ohyeah said:
Apart from the try Boyd was rubbish. It could've been a turning point when he dropped the ball 5m from his goal line. For some reason its seems to be all the Admins on here that love to ride his ... icon_thumbs_u
Robinson was rubbish as well. Reminds me of Bott. Though Robinson defends a bit better than him.

Sorry to sound so rude but your a f**ked in the head, OH NO, OH NO BOYDY DROPPED A BALL he should be in premier league again, boyd does a league first in dropping the ball even though cronulla who beat melbourne dropped the ball about 6 times in there own 20m zone, oh but they were *rubbish*.

Robinson sure he wasn't BRILLIANT but dude, theres a salary cap we can't have all superstars, he is actually pretty good for his third game (even though i prefer kemp) for you to call these two try scores rubbish even though one beat 4 defenders to score a try, it proves how little you know about rugby league, thank god your not the coach.

Oh btw maybe we should drop Boyd and Robinson for next weeks game and just put Parker and Clinton there to replace them.

Sorry too busy riding that............

Talk about double standards. If I called one of the admins they were F in the head because of having an opinion I would be banned [icon_thumbs_do

Double standards? hardly your still here aren't you? The difference between you and I is that I believe your entitled to an opinion regardless of what I may think of it, you seem to need to attack a group of people for having one that differs. Let it be known I wasn't even the biggest fan of Boyd's during the offseason and would have prefered Kemp and Hewitt there, but his efforts in the trials and the NRL make him worthy of selection. I'm defending him from what I feel is unwarranted criticism, if theres constructive criticism that can improve his game I don't have a problem, but there IS a difference between the two.

They say defence wins premierships and in the three wins to date that has been the foundation of our games. The young enthusiastic forward pack seem to be having a competition to see who can make the biggest hit each game, and while this is great to watch I'm sure WB will reel them in somewhat this week and remind them of what happens should it not come off. I for one don't want them to stop but some self preservation would be sensible [icon_wink

The effort in defence is the best I have seen from our boys since I really can't remember, but the Cows did have nothing.

PJ continues to impress me and great to see Mennis out there to keep up the great work when PJ was off, for mine that organisation for 80 minutes will be what takes up all the way. Wally, superb again [icon_lol1. Staggy great effort which no doubt will go unrecognised by most but not this supporter of yours icon_thumbs_u . Simsy loving what you are doing mate, Sammy T is back to the Sammy T we like and love, Benny H you are one tough hombre.

Onto the back three, Boydy in his best position showed he is not all about cross field running and proved to one and all that when he gets the ball midfield he can and will run straight as that is where WB wants to ball brought from kick returns thus the sideways running when gathering the ball out wide. The try showed a great fend, strength and speed, another great game. Congrats to Robbo, best game he has played and great finishing of his try. Kemp played well, not sure I'd wrap him over Robbo but did nothing wrong.

And 2 the old fellows, Hodgo captain my captain great game and great leadership, just need to practice 100 passes at the end of each training session so you can overhaul Gasnier to become no. 1 in Daley's eyes [icon_wink and then TC who for mine is having his best start to a season ever but going about things under the radar and driving the young pack around superbly in Petero's absence.

Great great performance tonight and can't wait for the litmus test next week against those Storm........I hate those Storm icon_thumbs_u

Man, the game was brilliant tonight!!! Our defence was great and shut down key players like Thurston and Bowen. icon_thumbs_u

Hannant is an absolute champion. He's a really tough guy and he deserves that try. He is up there with my favourite players. :D

I am loving Peter Wallace even more! He's such a great player and I reckon that we'll be alright during Origin season when Locky's out (although Wallace has a good chance of playing for NSW). Also, I was really surprised after the game when he actually high-fived the fans (including me). _woohoo_

Much has been said already, however I was please with our attitude in defence, very impressed with our line speed and effective first contacts. One of the highlights for me was the skill set of our forwards - Stagg threw the pass that put Tunza through the hole for PJ's try, Sims threw a couple of cut-out passes, both Hannant and Thaiday hit 2nd man players, Eastwood threw a long ball out to Robinson etc.

I'm also pleased with our plays around the ruck, we seem to be playing smarter footy these days; thanks to creativity around the 9 & 7.

Some concerns, our right hand side defence appears to 1 player short from time to time (my gut feeling is Hodges is making some bad reads when teams put players in motion at him) and Dave Taylor's ball security.

But as they say, it's a long season, so I'm just enjoying a victory over the Cowboys!

I'm watching the replay on Fox Sports at the moment...and far out, the hits were brilliant! Mostly by Hannant, Sims and Carroll. [icon_drun

wow. we ruled, just thought id mention it quickly, off the bed....

ohyeah said:
kimlo said:
ohyeah said:

Well isn't your BOYD AND ROBBINSON are rubbish a personal attack to the players? or don't the players have feelings? dude, for you to come up and say that the competitions leading try scorer and easily one of the best broncos this year is rubbish is a pretty over the top statement, you know it's not true either, you just wanna stir things up.

Very impressed with the whole team. No one really had a bad game. They stepped up and showed that we aren't a one man team.

May this be a warning to the NRL. The Brisbane Broncos mean business in 2008.

Fantastic performance by all tonight

My favourite part is the enthusiasm ... I hope they can stay that way when things get tough later in the season.

I thought Sims was a great purchase from the moment it was announced. He has done nothing to change my mind.

Right across the board, even Boyd, did everything expected and more.

Well done fellas

Oink !

schmix said:
renouf said:
kimlo said:
Kemp is without doubt a class above Robinson. IMO relegate Robinson to PL where he belongs and bring Kemp up to first grade, A GREAT TALENT, btw moon??? again was extremely ordinary tonight that i did not even notice that he was on(of course playing 20minutes doesn't help), Robinson and moon back to PL, Kemp to FG

don't know why people are bagging Robinson... he had a pretty solid game tonight. Ran the ball a bit harder then he usually does, he tackled and he scored a try. Don't know what more you can expect from a winger

They've finally realised they can't give it to Boyd anymore so they had to find a new target. God forbid we have a week where no-one gets bagged [icon_wink

Great Schmix, are we not allowed to criticise anyone??? IM NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT ROBINSON I PERSONALLY THOUGHT HE WAS GREAT. But when someone has a negative opinion about someone in the team, BHQ seem to jump on an ANTI-ANTI-PLAYER bandwagon. Posters are allowed an opinion without being told what the think is bullshit.

Anyway, great game nonetheless.. Hannant = New Webcke.

Have to give it to Hennant.My MOM along with Staggie who doesnt seem to get too much recognition on this forum.This guy did it for us last year and again he is throwing himself hard at anything that moves even after all his shoulder problems.
The hits from the guys in the first 30min especially was mind boggling.Defence outstanding.
Hennant is fast becoming my favourite league player.Don't like making comparisons but gees this kid seems so much like Webcke and not just his hard playing style.He is so not full of himself and seems just a great bloke to boot. icon_smile

What impact if any did Moon have?I dont even recall the bloke being on the paddock.

To all those who are knocking Robbo.In all fairness the kid played two trial games and was thrown into this class.He still looks a little lost and not sure if he should be part of the team celebrations even.
A team that are playing for each other and loving the pats on the back and team spirit.
Gees all credit has to go to WB who has got this team to gell so quickly and to play for each other in such a short period of time. [eusa_clap.gi
Doubt will ever find a coach anywhere to ever match the calibre of this man.

Wallace is what this team has been missing since Alfie and Penrith need to take a good hard look at who let this kid go.Thankfully we had the insight to see what he had and grab him.

Still not in love with Ennis.In my book he has a ways to go before he is a true Bronc.Not that he did anything wrong and good goal kicking tonight to btw.
Welcome home PJ back to where you truly belong. icon_smile

However I do think the Cows and said it before are way off the game and not going to be doing great things in 2008.Underdone yes but sacking Murray at that stage not smart thing to do.Bowen hasn't had a good game all year and carrying on from last year.

Storm will be our big test and yep I believe we can put them right in their place and make it 4-0 and stay top of this ladder. icon_thumbs_u

Boyd permanently to fullback, Hunt to centres.
nuff said!
Well besides how awesome they defended as a team tonight, lots of 2-3 even 4 man walls of hurt., and like others said, was very enjoyable watching their defense.
Would be a few red faces at Penrith also I reckon come the next board meeting, Surely someone there would not have wanted Wallace to leave Penrith, and that guy is odds on favourite to use the phrase " I told ya's not to let him go" more than anyone else this year.
I just wanna add, Dirty Harry, keep playing the way you are, even though your one of burgerkings best customers, you make my day!
Keep it up guys

The Rock said:
Kee said:
Still not in love with Ennis.In my book he has a ways to go before he is a true Bronc.Not that he did anything wrong and good goal kicking tonight to btw.

Welcome home PJ back to where you truly belong

Riight.

So in other words, Ennis is not a true Bronco because he's not a Queenslander. eusa_think

I Doubt he means that because Wallace and Sims are roaches but they look at home. Ennis was really good last night gie him a few more games and he will fit in well with the team structure.

How good was it not having Perry coming on to replace PJ.... [icon_evillaugh

I can't say anything much that hasn't already been said here, so I won't bother too much.

Except for the fact that HOT DAMN our depth is impressive. We just smashed a team without two of our chief playmakers along with Clinton and Parker, two starting forwards.

I just hope we're not peaking too early.

The Rock said:
[quote="mick!":uav4bonv]I just hope we're not peaking too early.

How can we possibly peak too early with that sort of enthusiasm!

Anyway I don't believe in all this "oh let's hope we don't peak too early". Sure there are times where teams simply have a bad trot for a few games, but if you've got your full team on the park, you don't have any injuries concerns and you're still playing enthusiasticly, then I cannot see why any team should simply have a drop in form unless they encounter some bad luck along the way.[/quote:uav4bonv]

Melbourne prime example just really consistent, even when they play bad they win.

We need to be consistent and have confidence, so i have no concerns with peaking to early.

Our coaching staff will be drilling this into the youngsters, that is is only Rd 3 and if we just aim for improvement each week, we will be fine.

The club is too professional to let tis early good form get to their head, comps are won in March etc.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • cento
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • Justwin
  • MrRobot
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • davidp
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.