Broncos Vs. Dragons - Build Up Thread

Soward will send them to Antonio for the entire game and Soward is as accurate as they come, it will be a long afternoon if he plays.

Jeba said:
He will be up against Nightingale too who can leap.

Yep that is just plain scary, Nightingale and Gasnier vs Winterstein and Glenn FFS!

Jeba said:
He will be up against Nightingale too who can leap.

At least he is short though. What the F has happened to Winter this year. Remember when he leaped high as to score that last minute try against Manly last year to almost win us the game (Parker missed the conversion :mad: ).

Man i know who i want the Broncos to kick to next year when we play the Cowboys, easy couple trys for sure!!

He was bad at points last year also, first Penrith game he dropped like 5.

Just did the ladder preddictor. With 1 more loss this year we can still make the top 4. Anymore then 2 losses and we could struggle to make the 8 all togeather. Considering we have the Dragons, Warriors and Eels i think its reasonable to think we will loss at least one more this season. If we play like we did the first 50mins of this game then we could loss 4 or 5 Which would mean no finals.

So in summing up
1 more loss still gives us a chance at top 4
2 losses and we still make the 8
3 losses and we might make the 8 (JUST depending on for and against)
4+ and we will be participating in mad monday for sure

Wasn't that the Dragons game?

Penrith he outlept his opposite to score.

Pretty sure he dropped some in that game. Despite scoring 2 off kicks.
.. I think.

If we play like how we played tonight (bar our great comeback), we will get destroyed by the Dragons. Winterstein should be dropped as he's been terrible under high ball and hasn't been great in attack either. However, he will most likely be one of our wingers, seeing as there's not really anyone to replace him.

I was so gutted when I saw Te'o on crutches tonight. We will definitely miss him.

Getting the same feeling I did before round 9 against the Storm, in for a slaughter.

Ivan said in the press conference that Winterstein twisted his knee, might be forced to go without him.

Jeba said:
Ivan said in the press conference that Winterstein twisted his knee, might be forced to go without him.
If that is the case, who do we put in there?
Do we give Gagai a go, who has been fantastic all year in the U20's, but could struggle big time in first grade, especially against the Dragons?
Do we put Glenn on the wing with Gillett inside him and Setu 2nd row?

Man, I hope Hodgo comes back!

Jeba said:
Some strong mail on the radio that Hodges will be back for this one.
The great one returning would be a huge boost for not only this game but for our premiership chances. Would give him 6 games to get back into his grove so he's ready to fire in the finals fresh and fit :)

Man Hodges would be awesome, his sheer presence on the field will give the team a boost.
Hopefully we are all lucky enough to have the pleasure of watching him play next week :D

I know it won't happen but I would actually like Hodges to play a game in reserves(or two) before playing FG, it will ease the pressure on him big time and would help him gain confidence before getting back into FG.

Man I guarantee Hodges goes crap for at least a month before he looks even remotely 'great'. I would prefer he waits and comes back with a full pre season under his belt unless he is absolutely 1000% ready to go and training at full tilt.

The Brizz said:
Man I guarantee Hodges goes crap for at least a month before he looks even remotely 'great'. I would prefer he waits and comes back with a full pre season under his belt unless he is absolutely 1000% ready to go and training at full tilt.

That's why him returning this week would be great, 6 weeks is enough time to get back to being good and possibly great.

I still think even an average Hodges is better than Glenn in the centres. I actually want Hodges to play left centre we shouldn't move Folau unless it's Folau right wing with Hodges right centre with them swapping as needed. I think Hodges is a lot more capable than Folau at playing left centre so hopefully that is what happens.

broncospwn said:
The Brizz said:

That's why him returning this week would be great, 6 weeks is enough time to get back to being good and possibly great.

I still think even an average Hodges is better than Glenn in the centres. I actually want Hodges to play left centre we shouldn't move Folau unless it's Folau right wing with Hodges right centre with them swapping as needed. I think Hodges is a lot more capable than Folau at playing left centre so hopefully that is what happens.
Actually, given Hodgo's lack of game time, I would prefer to see him back on his favoured right side, so he can gain match fitness as quickly as possible.
Another positive is that we would have good players under the high ball on both sides, with Yow Yeh right and Folau left, relieving the pressure of Winter in the process.

Well yes I want Hodges on the right side but from what I've seen from Folau in the past playing left centre he's pretty damn average where as Hodges has played their in the past for Australia and played fairly well too.

I doubt Hodges will be rushed back into the side anyway.

Surely after being out so long he'd have to play at least one game in Q-cup to get back up to NRL speed ??

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Spooky1013
  • Fozz
  • Brotherdu
  • Morkel
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.