Broncos Vs. Dragons - Build Up Thread

I agree that Kenny needs to be dropped. He just doesn't have enough impact when he takes the ball up into the defensive line and gets absolutely flogged !!

We need more size in the pack on a regular basis. Sims would be my pick but i know he's not in the good books with IH, so in that case i'd go with Setu, as he also gives us the added bonus of a good offload as well.

I have a feeling the Broncos are going to get schooled in this game. In a big, big way.

No hope.

We will if we didn't learn anything from last nights loss.

IF we can step up our defence early on and contain the Dragons forwards, we'll go a long way to winning this game.

If the Broncos can't be motivated for the competition leaders on a Sunday arvo at Suncorp Stadium as a tribute to the bloke that scouted most of the players as kids...well **** me, we don't deserve to be in the finals.

Coxy said:
If the Broncos can't be motivated for the competition leaders on a Sunday arvo at Suncorp Stadium as a tribute to the bloke that scouted most of the players as kids...well **** me, we don't deserve to be in the finals.

Not to mention a certain ex head coach [icon_wink

We need to get Sims and Anderson on the bench IMO. Also looking for another winger to replace Winter would be tops.

Setu defenately has to come back into the cide.

I'd go:

8. Tronc
9. McCullough
10. Sims
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
---------------------
14. Hunt
15. McGuire
16. Setu
17. Kenny/Anderson

I really like Dodds but I don't think he is what we need at the moment off the bench. The way he plays I think he is a starting player, try and put some big hits on from the start to rattle the opposition forwards, but I don't think he is quite ready for that yet. He will get his chance in years to come.

I just can't get Sims's form from the end of last year out of my head as the starting front rower (well, named in the second row but it's obvious he was played in the front row). He is quick for a big man, can put on a good hit and doesn't get dominated nearly as much as Kenny does.

As for Kenny, I was thinking back to when he showed his best form for us, and that was in 2008 off the bench. I'd put him back there and look for that same impact. I also wouldn't be opposed to Anderson having this role and his performances off the bench this year have been his best.

Setu offers some good go forward and a little bit of variation off the bench.

McGuire deserves his spot. He has been playing very well.

Excellent forward pack, Jeb. Hopefully Henjak sends out a team similar to that, because having Tronc, Kenny and Dodds in the same side, just isn't working.

Jeba said:
I'd go:

8. Tronc
9. McCullough
10. Sims
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
---------------------
14. Hunt
15. McGuire
16. Setu
17. Kenny/Anderson

I really like Dodds but I don't think he is what we need at the moment off the bench. The way he plays I think he is a starting player, try and put some big hits on from the start to rattle the opposition forwards, but I don't think he is quite ready for that yet. He will get his chance in years to come.

I just can't get Sims's form from the end of last year out of my head as the starting front rower (well, named in the second row but it's obvious he was played in the front row). He is quick for a big man, can put on a good hit and doesn't get dominated nearly as much as Kenny does.

As for Kenny, I was thinking back to when he showed his best form for us, and that was in 2008 off the bench. I'd put him back there and look for that same impact. I also wouldn't be opposed to Anderson having this role and his performances off the bench this year have been his best.

Setu offers some good go forward and a little bit of variation off the bench.

McGuire deserves his spot. He has been playing very well.

I like it, but I reckon.....Drop Sims and put anderson, setu or kenny in the starting side and you have a winning team. I have been critical of Kenny in recent weeks but I thought Kenny looked like he had improved a little last night? Maybe it was just wishful thinking?

I like Dodds, but Dodds and Kenny play the same game. We dont need both of them. The lack of big men is what killed us last night.

Drop McGuire and Dodds from bench I reckon. Setu and Sims bring more mongrel and a bit more sting in d.

I watched Setu in QLD cup on saturday, he wasn't outstanding thats for sure. He will add more if given a run IMO.

The Rock said:
Why did Setu get dropped? Was it because he was injured and couldn't get back into the team?

I'd like to see Setu back in the team.

Ditto. So why did he get dropped?

rnabokov said:
The Rock said:
Why did Setu get dropped? Was it because he was injured and couldn't get back into the team?

Cause he's getting the boot? [icon_shru

It's not form, that's for sure, I have said this before - he provided integral go forward when we strung those wins together and we have struggled without him.

The Broncs should be making every effort to keep him, but that's for another thread.

ddd said:
rnabokov said:
The Rock said:

Cause he's getting the boot? [icon_shru

It's not form, that's for sure, I have said this before - he provided integral go forward when we strung those wins together and we have struggled without him.

The Broncs should be making every effort to keep him, but that's for another thread.
He's leaving the NRL to fulfill his Mormon mission...

Nashy said:
I have a feeling the Broncos are going to get schooled in this game. In a big, big way.

No hope.

C'mon Nashy, don't be so negative. U will see a very inspired side this weekend who will dispose of the Saints a lot easier than we can imagine and the boys will be touted as contenders once again. So if u haven't got tickets, by all means, get off your ass and scurry down to the box office, u will want to be there.

garcia said:
Nashy said:

No hope.

C'mon Nashy, don't be so negative. U will see a very inspired side this weekend who will dispose of the Saints a lot easier than we can imagine and the boys will be touted as contenders once again. So if u haven't got tickets, by all means, get off your ass and scurry down to the box office, u will want to be there.
I'm interested to know how you came to your conclusion?

Is it blind faith, it is stupidity, or is it that you can travel in time to see results?

Does fact come into such conclusions on this forum?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.