Broncos Vs. Dragons - Build Up Thread

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hodges, Inglis, Folau ... it doesn't matter. Either we dominate in the forwards or we don't win.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I can't wait for this game. In recent years it's the game I always circle when the draw is released. St George at Lang Park... I'm tipping 40-45k if the weather holds.

That said, I'm also a little concerned. We aren't carrying in consistent form and the Dragons will be smarting after losing to the Titans. I reckon they'll be back to top form on a dry track.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
tkday said:
Our forwards need to improve in all areas!

Thats why i would go with a foward pack like this

8. Tronc
9. McCollough
10. Setu
11. Gillet
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kenny
15. Sims
16. Anderson
17. Dodds/McGuire

Much stronger foward pack and with Anderson, Sims and Setu in the side we will get a lot more of a roll on. We will need it against the Dragons.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
with Te'o out move Gillett to start in the back row and bring in Sims, Setu or Anderson to the bench

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Foordy said:
with Te'o out move Gillett to start in the back row and bring in Sims, Setu or Anderson to the bench

I say bring them all in and drop Hunt and Kenny. They were the ones who were playing when we won 5 straight. Why arnt they playing now??

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Donny said:
Foordy said:

I say bring them all in and drop Hunt and Kenny. They were the ones who were playing when we won 5 straight. Why arnt they playing now??

Hunt was there too, what's your point?

Anyway, I agree (other than dropping Hunt). My team would be:

1. Hoffman
2. Winterstein (if fit, otherwise give Gagai a crack if he's fit)
3. Glenn (despite his poor decision to come in on that last try last night, he had a 3-on-2, so had to make a decision, at least he made one)
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Wallace
8. Tronc
9. McCullough
10. Setu
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Dodds
16. Sims
17. McGuire
18. Anderson

(Take your pick out of Dodds and Anderson for the final bench spot, I'd prefer Anderson but Dodds hasn't done much wrong other than the fact he's no different to Kenny and Tronc). And yes, I would drop Kenny.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Teo is a massive blow. How long is he out for?

4-6 weeks they estimate. Won't be back til finals (if we make it).

Massive massive blow.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
The Rock said:

Better now then later though huh? At least Teo will be fresh by finals time though. He'll be absolutely firing and ready to go by then, I suspect he'll prob be back 1 week before the finals, I doubt it'll be the full 6 weeks. So could work in our favour if we can win some good games without him.

Scans toady confirmed his foot is not broken..........Thats Great News. Must be a bad sprain. We could see him back in two or three weeks with any luck icon_thumbs_u

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Thank god it's not broken! That's a huge boost!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Official team:

Hoffman
Winterstein
Glenn
Folau
Yow Yeh
Lockyer (C)
Wallace
Tronc
McCullough
Kenny
Gillett
Thaiday
Parker

Hunt
McGuire
Dodds
Anderson
Setu
Sims

(two to be omitted)

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Coxy said:
Thank god it's not broken! That's a huge boost!

MATT Gillett will fill the shoes of Ben Te`o when the WOW Brisbane Broncos host the Dragons in Sunday afternoon’s Suncorp Stadium blockbuster.

Te’o was today cleared of a broken foot but has a mid-foot sprain that will keep him off the field for four weeks.

Gillett has been in outstanding form and was one of the Broncos’ best in last night’s 34-30 cliffhanger loss to the Roosters.

Te’o’s injury will give 22-year-old Gillett some time starting in his favoured position of second row after moonlighting between there and the centres in recent months.

It will also give three of the forgotten men of the Broncos a chance at getting back in the NRL.

Scott Anderson, Lagi Setu and Ashton Sims have all spent time in the Queensland Cup in the past fortnight but at least one of them will play against the Dragons after coach Ivan Henjak named his team today.

The trio were named on an extended bench in a squad of 19 that will go up against the competition-leading Dragons on the Broncos’ home turf.

Good news. Also Setu, Anderson and Sims have been added to the 19man bench. Ivan must of been listening [icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We'll know if he's listening if he drops Kenny.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Coxy said:

Lol, I cant see that happening TBH. If i was coach he would be on the bench.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Donny said:
Coxy said:

You said drop him a few posts earlier :P

His best position is front row for Easts Tigers IMO.

BTW, if it hasn't been mentioned, this week's game is a tribute to Cyril Connell, hence the special jersey. Now I'm tempted to buy one!!!

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Coxy said:
Donny said:
Coxy said:

BTW, if it hasn't been mentioned, this week's game is a tribute to Cyril Connell, hence the special jersey. Now I'm tempted to buy one!!!

Yer i ment drop him from the starting side to the bench. Setu should start. I want to see Sims, Anderson, Dodds and Kenny on the bench. We got smashed in the fowards last night. Another foward on the bench instead of a halfback would of helped heaps IMO.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Donny said:
Coxy said:
Donny said:
Coxy said:

Yer i ment drop him from the starting side to the bench. Setu should start. I want to see Sims, Anderson, Dodds and Kenny on the bench. We got smashed in the fowards last night. Another foward on the bench instead of a halfback would of helped heaps IMO.
I can understand the coach giving him another chance and not dropping him too quickly, it's one thing to give opinions in a forum and another to manage a team.
I think he should be on notice though, because he was horrible last night.

And no, you can't drop either Macca or Hunt for another forward IMO, we need that injection of speed that Hunt provides from dummy half!

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.