Broncos Vs. Dragons - Match Thread

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
People are going to whinge, but I'm proud of the boys.

That's my team!

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
I was really happy with the boys effort today. Even though we didn't come out with the win which was expected they all dug deep and tried really hard. Our attack and defence was a lot better too. I was impressed with Lui's debut :)

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
on a possitive note the way i saw it we out played them in the forwards.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
remember our good run home started against the Sharks last season eusa_think

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
lyn said:
I was really happy with the boys effort today. Even though we didn't come out with the win which was expected they all dug deep and tried really hard. Our attack and defence was a lot better too. I was impressed with Lui's debut :)

Yeah effort was good - apart from goal-line defence. It's never been more obvious how much class we're missing, both in injured players and players who have left the club. No doubt about it, this is the sh!ttest time ever to be a Broncos fan - never thought I'd be able to say the effort was OK after a game like that. Just got to say good on them for having the dig they had, because we simply don't have anyone else. Sucks big time.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
rod78 said:
its time for a change in the number 1 jersey

They all had a dig - no one deserves to be dropped - they need a chance to gel

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
That was a much better turn out than last week, I'm pretty satisfied with the effort. Generally I agree that defence is about attitude, but it's also about experience. I think it's much more of a learned skill than attack for most players, not just tackling technique but also positioning and communication with those alongside you. The attitude was there tonight - they just got a little lost at times.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
ddd said:
rod78 said:
its time for a change in the number 1 jersey

They all had a dig - no one deserves to be dropped - they need a chance to gel

However Izzy is due back next round im pretty sure as is Michaels.. Will Henjak call up Michaels?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Don't forget Winterstein, Te'o, Kenny and possibly Folau and Yow Yeh back next week. If the boys can build from the effort tonight we could be in for a nice shock.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
schmix said:
That was a much better turn out than last week, I'm pretty satisfied with the effort. Generally I agree that defence is about attitude, but it's also about experience. I think it's much more of a learned skill than attack for most players, not just tackling technique but also positioning and communication with those alongside you. The attitude was there tonight - they just got a little lost at times.

Oh, certainly defence is attitude - confidence - determination but just as certainly, for a team to defend as a unit, experience is key

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Quick question: I have the second game on now and there are white things flitting all over my screen. Something wrong with my tv or are the moths seriously out in force tonight??

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
I think our defense was good everywhere but where it really mattered, the goal line. That said, the Dragons don't really have the whole "throw the ball around til it works" thing that gives us so much trouble.

I think we could chalk that game up as another where a full strength team would have won.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
schmix said:
Quick question: I have the second game on now and there are white things flitting all over my screen. Something wrong with my tv or are the moths seriously out in force tonight??

cant see anything wrong with the picture for me.

*oh no now i see what you mean, yeah Moths are out*

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
schmix said:
Quick question: I have the second game on now and there are white things flitting all over my
screen. Something wrong with my tv or are the moths seriously out in force tonight??

It's the moth attack - they're coming for Freddy!!

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Big Pete said:
Don't forget Winterstein, Te'o, Kenny and possibly Folau and Yow Yeh back next week. If the boys can build from the effort tonight we could be in for a nice shock.

Yep some guys need to be dropped - not because they let the side down particularly but just because better players than them are available again.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • heartly87
  • Manofoneway
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • scobie
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • BooKhaki
  • Old Mate
  • Aldo
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.