Broncos Vs. Eels - Build Up Thread

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I hope you're right Coxy, but he's been ordianary more than he's been good. If he comes out and has a blinder then I will give him praise and admit I was wrong. No big deal, my pride isn't that big that I can't admit when I'm wrong.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
With Winterstein coming back and Gillett moving back to the bench, I hope neither Josh McGuire or Anderson find themselves out of the team this week. Their impact off the bench has been great lately.

Coxy's repeated it like a broken record but one of Dodds or Kenny need to make way first.

That said, Norman would be a better option at five-eighth but I wouldn't be so adverse to Hunt at 5/8 either. It means we could keep a bench of Gillett, Dodds, McGuire and Anderson together.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ethos said:
With Winterstein coming back and Gillett moving back to the bench, I hope neither Josh McGuire or Anderson find themselves out of the team this week. Their impact off the bench has been great lately.

Coxy's repeated it like a broken record but one of Dodds or Kenny need to make way first.

That said, Norman would be a better option at five-eighth but I wouldn't be so adverse to Hunt at 5/8 either. It means we could keep a bench of Gillett, Dodds, McGuire and Anderson together.

Agreed. And "alternate hooker" if required could easily be Glenn, with Gillett going into the centres.

tkday: I'm not denying Norman has been below par more than good this year, but it's his first year in first grade. And I'd much rather we give him a shot than do something stupid like put Gillett at five-eighth!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I would prefer Dodds over Kenny, only because Dodds is marginally more forceful in his hit ups, and a LOT more forceful in defence. But I wouldn't argue with sticking with Kenny for his experience, and that's what will happen.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Anderson and McGuire have clearly shown they are a better match for us then Dodds and Kenny.... surely?? Am I wrong in saying that? I really think kenny should sit out, but if they want experience than drop Dodds.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Kenny's defence is also better. I'd definitely take Kenny over Dodds.

Really? Maybe in terms of workrate in defence and effective tackles. But Dodds actually hurts when he hits.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, Kenny is soft, I never remember him being so soft though?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Coxy said:
[quote="The Rock":1tyot66b]Kenny's defence is also better. I'd definitely take Kenny over Dodds.

Really? Maybe in terms of workrate in defence and effective tackles. But Dodds actually hurts when he hits.

Considering they are the same sort of player, give me effective tackles over hurting the opposition any day.[/quote:1tyot66b]

The problem with Kenny's effective tackles though is the definition of effective is shit. [icon_lol1. Just means he makes contact, hangs on and is involved when the player goes down.

Problem I've noticed in recent weeks, and it's not just Kenny either, is that opposition forwards get wrapped up, but nobody pulls them down...they manage to drive forward another 2, 3, 4, 5 metres from the point of the initial tackle. And because they have the momentum, often we don't recover to get back to marker.

Dodds at least when he hits he puts people on the ground.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Nobody makes it across the advantage line when Dodds is on the field. Reminds me of Tunza

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Donny said:
Nobody makes it across the advantage line when Dodds is on the field. Reminds me of Tunza

Dodds has got really good technique.

I'd just have Kenny over Dodds at the moment though. Makes more metres and is considered more of a leader in the side. Plus that way we can keep McGuire and Anderson on the bench - I don't think they'd be as effective starting.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
kenny is out injured, teo goes to the front row with gillett in the backrow, winterstein is back and norman is 5/8.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Te'o
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Josh McGuire
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Scott Anderson

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Was just looking at Kenny's stats from Friday night and realised he must've played limited minutes. I remember he was limping, so the injury makes sense.

IMO that's a damn strong team and I like it!

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Parramatta's Ben Smith will front the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night to fight a high tackle charge.

Smith was booked for his hit on Gold Coast captain Scott Prince during their clash at Skilled Park last Friday.

Smith is disputing the grading of the charge as he desperately attempts to be free to play in the Eels' must-win match against Brisbane at Lang Park on Friday night.

Team-mate Fuifui Moimoi ensured he will be suiting up after entering an early guilty plea, also for a high tackle.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ection=all

Man i hope he gets found guilty. It will be piss funny

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I expect our forwards to really aim up and breathe fire in this one. Without Lockyer's steadying influence, Parker, Thaiday, Teo and Tronc need to dominate.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Don't like Te'o upfront...I'd imagine Thaiday will most likely be playing as a prop forward though.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • The Don
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.