Broncos Vs. Eels - Build Up Thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Live on Channel Nine in NSW!

Ben Smith & Moi Moi are both on report. Looking at both incidents I'd say both wont be playing.

Eels second half was crap against the Titans. Should be a great game

I really hope that Locky and Gillett are fit to play.

Locky's rib injury isn't serious and he just came off against the Cowthugs as a precautionary measure.

We'll need to lift our intensity a helluva lot against the Eels, no time fro dropping off in defence at any time

Donny said:
Ben Smith & Moi Moi are both on report. Looking at both incidents I'd say both wont be playing.

Eels second half was crap against the Titans. Should be a great game

Smith definitely won't be playing, Moi Moi might be a chance, but yeah, good news all the same.

This is going to be interesting. we can see where we really are atm.

Parra will be desperate but their form really hasn't been as good as the media's made it out to be.

Their late season "surge" has included a win over the Cowboys, one great half of footy against Penrith, a win over the Bulldogs and they've been thrashed in their last two against Sydney and Gold Coast.

Way too stop Parra is to kick early to catch Hayne out of position and stop the offloads both are pretty simple but will go a massive way to winning the game.

I reckon we will destroy the Eels. Honestly they are going to feel pain.

I would love it if we destroy them, it would really help to assert ourselves as a genuine contender for the title.

Despite his inconsistent form, we'll have to keep a sharp eye on a few things Hayne does:

- The chip and chase is one of his pet plays, especially if the Eels are struggling to organise anything, so we'll have be alert to that. Lockyer and Wallace usually drift off the back of the defensive line and mop up those kicks, hopefully they won't have any trouble doing so on Friday.

- We really need to give our wingers some protection when the Eels kick high. If I recall correctly, last year when we played the Eels, Hayne could've scored something like three tries, except he failed to take a clean catch or ground the ball. The point is, he always won the battle for the ball, so we can't slack off there. Also, put some damn pressure on the kickers!!! We are pretty lazy at doing that.

- We can't let any defenders get isolated against Hayne because he's got great upper-body strength and quick footwork to go with it. Kick chases have to be organised and executed perfectly. I don't want to see any holes in the defensive line.

Hayne doesn't deserve the plaudits he's been getting, but at the end of the day he's a pretty good player, so we'll need to contain him.

As long as we play the percentages we should take home the two points, but I think it'll be a tough one.

I think McCullough and Wallace are key to stopping Hayne early, they cuts guys down low and Hayne does all his damage by shrugging off the guys who go high on him (Ennis a couple of weeks back) guys like Macca and Wallace can nullify him by wrapping up his legs otherwise he will damage us by getting rid of the guys who go at him high.

The Brizz said:
I think McCullough and Wallace are key to stopping Hayne early, they cuts guys down low and Hayne does all his damage by shrugging off the guys who go high on him (Ennis a couple of weeks back) guys like Macca and Wallace can nullify him by wrapping up his legs otherwise he will damage us by getting rid of the guys who go at him high.

Yeah, good point. Although, it'd be nice to see Te'o sort him out. :mrgreen:

My thoughts exactly, send Te'o and Thaiday at him hard as much as we can.

Combine the attack from the Cowboys game with the defense from the Dragons game and we should be right.

ningnangnong said:
The Brizz said:

Yeah, good point. Although, it'd be nice to see Te'o sort him out. :mrgreen:

Like last time.

Bomb goes up. Hayne catches ball. Teo belts Hayne.

What more could you ask for? Probally the high light of the NRL season for me :mrgreen:

Active Now

• Dash
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Locky24
  • lynx000
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.