Broncos Vs. Penrith Match Thread

^ Because of the 1pm kickoff, it was meant to be sunny, so in the darker one, it would have been far too hot.

So make the opposition wear black and suffer. icon_thumbs_u

serip said:
quick question, how come we were in the white jerseys today? [icon_shru

Because of the heat, it forced the Panthers to wear their black strips which attracts the heat more then white, any legal advantage you can get you take and I believe the Cowboys did it against the warriors last year too.

To me, one of the best signs was the form of Greg Eastwood. He did some clever things.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, but there were a lot of positive signs in a lot of areas.
Other than the players that everyone has mentioned, I also thought Michaels was very impressive at centre.

I thought Petero's cheap shot on Hannant was very sad.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
To me, one of the best signs was the form of Greg Eastwood. He did some clever things.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, but there were a lot of positive signs in a lot of areas.
Other than the players that everyone has mentioned, I also thought Michaels was very impressive at centre.

Definately can't get ahead of ourselves 1 effort like that doesn't mean we have our work done, we still have a lot of improvement left in us to do, but thats also a good thing IMO because there were positive signs there of key improvements we have needed.

Eastwood, Boyd, Thaiday and Sims were our best IMO, well done boys.

Happy Birthday Rachelle Alcaraz :P

awesome game today, what more could you want to start the year. the boyd intercept happened right in front of me. i was a little bit further down from where mick was with his flag, looked good. 1st place baby!

Pfffft, hardly a cheap shot.

Petero had him lined up for a big hit but Hannant was falling too quickly, all it was, was a mistimed tackle.

I'll have to check the vid, but it didn't appear that Hannant was falling too quickly to my eyes...
It is possible that Petero's disappointment about his treatment by the broncos may have had a little to do with it.
However, Petero is seen as holier than thou so maybe we will have to put it down to an accident. :roll:

I spoke to Joel back at the club, he's hoping for only 2wks, he came off as soon as it happened (so not to do to much damage).
Corey is going for scans tomorrow, but It should be OK.
K's ankle is OK, but his ribs are very sore.
Darren felt good, the knee held up.
So hopfully all should get the icon_thumbs_u

Some little things.

1) Mini-Aker shaved his head [icon_thumbs_do
2) The Try and Goal sign on the big screen is now "WOW! Try" and "WOW! Goal". Love it [icon_evillaugh
3) As mentioned in the photo threads - the pink outfits icon_thumbs_u
4) The security guy need hazard pay!

mck62 said:

[icon_pray. [icon_pray. please please please be okay K... i could tell he was hurting but i just thought he had bad cramp.

The Big thing today for me was the enthusiasm. They really looked like they were enjoying there footy! After a try or a big hit, players come from every where for a back slap or a high 5. ! That's something we haven’t seen from the Broncos in the last 5 years

wally said:
mck62 said:

[icon_pray. [icon_pray. please please please be okay K... i could tell he was hurting but i just thought he had bad cramp.

[icon_lol1. Forget the other players, if there's something wrong with Hunt the world will explode

Great game today! The new recruits seem to be fitting in nicely, was particularly impressed by Sims and Wallace.
A few worries with some small injuries, but as long as they aren't too serious!

1. Hunt - Cool, calm, collected and solid as always.
2. Robinson - Nice debut. Not a whole lot of action, but he looked fine out there and injected himself into the play.
3. Michaels - Solid as granite, he'll improve as the year progresses.
4. Hodges - All class. Good defence and always look threatening.
5. Boyd - Gee this kid looks the goods in 08. It's taken him a while, but he's really finding his feet. My MOTM.
6. Lockyer - Looked better than I expected after injury. Classy touches, and he'll improve with more game time.
7. Wallace - Injected himself constantly and played the sort of game that our team desperately needs. This kid could be in this jersey for a while yet.
8. Hannant - He always gives 100% and today was no different. So dependable for getting the work done, with some nice touches included.
9. PJ Marsh - Fanfreakingtastic. Brilliant service from dummy half, and he just seemed to be popping up all over the park.
10. Clinton - Solidish, few off points and didn't get to play on due to injury. He'll make his mark.
11. Parker - Some great touches, fantastic goalkicking and a good workrate.
12. Sims - My second pick for MOTM. One of the shining lights of the pack with great runs and BIG hits.
13. Carroll - A little off his best form, but solid as ever.

Bench
14. Thaiday - Very busy when on the pitch, loved his runs into the defence straight from kick-off. Great impact off the bench.
15. Eastwood - Arguably one of his better showings in first grade. Really got involved.
16. Stagg - A great showing imo - fanTASTIC on the kick-chase and looked comfortable.
17. Perry - Injected himself nicely in the limited time he got. Think he's appreciating not having the pressure of being the "7" and could form a nice niche of the bench when needed.

Scotty said:
wally said:
mck62 said:

[icon_lol1. Forget the other players, if there's something wrong with Hunt the world will explode

Haha.. That's it, i'm glad we're on the same page... we havent seen much of Karmichael though, he had a long lay off last season....

Hopefully Parker will be swell and not the best of starts for Clinton but hopefully nothing to serious

However, Petero is seen as holier than thou

Rightly so he is.

No need to roll your eyes either, i was just expressing my opinion.

I'll have to check the vid, but it didn't appear that Hannant was falling too quickly to my eyes...
It is possible that Petero's disappointment about his treatment by the broncos may have had a little to do with it.
However, Petero is seen as holier than thou so maybe we will have to put it down to an accident. :roll:

Think you're making a bit much of it. I don't think there was a lot in it.

Superb performance today. Sims and Marsh were fantastic and Locky is too good for words. All looks very promising for the season ahead [eusa_clap.gi

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.