Broncos Vs Sharks Match Thread

Coxy said:
Well it seems 9 times out of 10 the Broncos direct the 2nd man play down the left, usually on the 4th tackle. So that kind of dictates the kick go to the right. I think that's the problem there.

I think they need to run the ball down Folau's side a bit more, especially if he has Yow Yeh or Kemp outside him. And yeah, kick to the left side a bit more.

Where exactly are we kicking it though? I can only remember us bombing for Folau 3-4 times the entire year, including the one where he injured himself.

Agreed that we go down the left too often. I also think we go to Parker far, far too often when we do go down that left side. He's not really popping balls around the corner and the defence generally seems to read it pretty well. We either need to reduce our Parker intake or get him to run smarter. The only time he really straightens or goes inside is after he's caught the ball. Maybe if he runs a different angle before receiving the ball he'd be more effective in attack.

Ari Gold said:
Coxy said:
Well it seems 9 times out of 10 the Broncos direct the 2nd man play down the left, usually on the 4th tackle. So that kind of dictates the kick go to the right. I think that's the problem there.

I think they need to run the ball down Folau's side a bit more, especially if he has Yow Yeh or Kemp outside him. And yeah, kick to the left side a bit more.

Where exactly are we kicking it though? I can only remember us bombing for Folau 3-4 times the entire year, including the one where he injured himself.

Agreed that we go down the left too often. I also think we go to Parker far, far too often when we do go down that left side. He's not really popping balls around the corner and the defence generally seems to read it pretty well. We either need to reduce our Parker intake or get him to run smarter. The only time he really straightens or goes inside is after he's caught the ball. Maybe if he runs a different angle before receiving the ball he'd be more effective in attack.

Maybe Gillett could play that role and not Parker.

Ari Gold said:
Coxy said:

Well wasn't just talking bombs, but yes that's one kick we don't do enough of. I was more meaning the grubber kicks behind the line for the corner looking for a try, if not, restart.

Broncos are notoriously bad at playing for that though, have been for years. got a couple of line drop outs yesterday with good kicks and good chase, I hope it continues. It's essential against the better sides. Repeat sets build pressure, and cheap turnovers make it much easier. Especially if the Broncos also continue to give away piggyback penalties out of their own half.

Still, yesterday was a big improvement, though it's hard to gauge how big an improvement given how appalling the opposition was.

I also though Folau didn't get enough ball. He really is our strike weapon get him one on one with anyone and he will create something. I don't hink we use the attacking kick enough either. Both our wingers and Folau are very good under the cross field bomb and are quick if needed to chase a grubber.

+1 on bombs to Folau...

I don't believe in "over-using" it. If Nothing is going down when you're 20 or 30 out --> I don't see why the hell not. If it doesn't work out you should be ready in defense to shut down whoever gets the ball. I think its perfectly fine to use whenever there is nothing concrete planned.

Furthermore we should be using it such positions when you are in the corner on the last. (e.g Vs Melbourne in 2009 early) where he scored that pearler over Quinn. We don't set up for that sort of play enough.

The Rock said:
Folau needs to go LOOKING for more ball.

to a certain extent yeah it would be nice to see him close to the ruck running off Lockyer. Still I think we went 70% left yesterday which is a waste of Folau's talent IMO.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":3m8qb4la]Folau needs to go LOOKING for more ball.

to a certain extent yeah it would be nice to see him close to the ruck running off Lockyer. Still I think we went 70% left yesterday which is a waste of Folau's talent IMO.[/quote:3m8qb4la]

Alternatively, I don't see why we couldn't just stick Folau at left centre. Chances are he will play there when Hodges returns anyway [icon_shru

Matai has an owie. His calf by the looks of it.

Oh! Lyon came so close to scoring there but couldn't quite reach the ball.

20m restart for the Sith lords.

And another knock on! From Smith.

Yep, that miss will cost them the chance to meet the mole people.

Fozz said:
Oh! Lyon came so close to scoring there but couldn't quite reach the ball.

20m restart for the Sith lords.

And another knock on! From Smith.

Yep, that miss will cost them the chance to meet the mole people.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
Wrong thread man, wrong thread.

Where am I?

Who am I?

What is this place?!?!?!?!

Boy, is my face red!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, i pee'd my pants laughing. Nice one dude, thanks.

Active Now

• rnabokov
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.