Broncos Vs Sharks Match Thread

simmo77 said:
Not sure what Ivan was thinking with Macca starting on the bench

I was thinking this too when I saw him warming up on the sidelines as the game started. Who started at hooker?

bronco_babe77 said:
simmo77 said:
Not sure what Ivan was thinking with Macca starting on the bench

I was thinking this too when I saw him warming up on the sidelines as the game started. Who started at hooker?

Glenn and it worked well as he had spark when he came on. Will comment re my thoughts on the game later, but happy with the result compared to where we have been. Parker made a big difference and allowed Sammy T to relax for mine

both Glenn and Gillett play well for us no matter where we put them.

Injuries really affected us today, having just watched the game, our attack went off with Wallace and then Lockyer hurt his shoulder not long later, and once the sharks figured it out, ran at him and caused us serious headaches, considering we only let one in once they figured was not too bad.

Good performance, first half copybook, got all the luck we missed out on early this season, second half was heavily influenced by injuries to our playmakers, lets hope they recover as they were spectacular.

I agree with the comments about the hell that is mark braybrook - he is such a tool

and what is going on with number 7's getting injured, if I was mitch pearce (after shooting myself) i'd get some serious insurance!!!

TBH I think the boys just didn't bother in the second half because they had the game wrapped up.
I reckon we can put two good halves next week and put the bulldogs to sleep :)

TWU_1 said:
7s are usually the smallest players arent they
I think it's more because they are usually the key point of any team so they get targeted a lot more which increases chance of injury.

Hopefully Wallace isn't out for long but I'm excited to see what Ben Hunt has to offer and whether he can live up to the hype. If he kills it for the next 3 weeks does Wallace walk straight back in the team anyway?

Wallace will walk back into the starting number 7 jumper for sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing if all the hype surrounding Ben Hunt is true. I've only see him start at halfback once in first grade and he didn't do too bad a job.

So that gives Hunt about 3 -4 weeks in the top greade ?

On another injury note, how did the dislocated elbow look, ouch!

Dexter said:
So that gives Hunt about 3 -4 weeks in the top greade ?

On another injury note, how did the dislocated elbow look, ouch!

Yep Foxtel IQ came in ahndy there icon_thumbs_u

I was very impressed with Sammy. He did some good offloads providing support and didn't really get in the road this game. He just keeps improving, took some big strong runs with a few people on his back as well. How about Israel? He had a good comeback, glad he's staying with us. So many players were great, Glenn was awesome again. Everything was working out well. It's a shame Setu isn't really giving us much.

I gave Sam 1 point in my player of the year voting, but I think that was his best game all year. He tried hard, but he wasn't trying hard on every play and so wasn't getting in the way so much. More patient, selective performance. Very impressive.

so we all hate Gillett now and think hes a grub after he slid in feet first to try and stop a try, dont we? [icon_wink

first half was just fantastic by the Broncos, even though we were playing a rubbish team. second half we fell away, which surprisingly matched up with losing Wallace. not sure if its a coincidence or not to be honest.

Gillett was great at the centres, Hoffman looks at home in the #1, and Folau is starting to look like he will fit into the centre position quite nicely. he also looks extremely happy to be there, and that hes enjoying his footy, so thats always good to see.

I cant give Thaiday enough wraps this year either, he has really come into his own IMO. hes much less predictable and as such is 10x more dangerous. really gives it his all too, and as someone (sorry, forgot who it was) said, he didnt crowd lockyer as much as the last few weeks. big thumbs up to him from me.

also good to have yow yeh back, he'll be playing origin in the next 18 months IMO.

Anonymous person said:
also good to have yow yeh back, he'll be playing origin in the next 18 months IMO.

Yep, agree completely, he made in impact that game.

On the other side, Winterstein is looking very quiet. Not having much impact at all. Not playing badly, just not doing anything that makes you take notice.

Anonymous person said:
first half was just fantastic by the Broncos, even though we were playing a rubbish team. second half we fell away, which surprisingly matched up with losing Wallace. not sure if its a coincidence or not to be honest.

I'm not normally a massive wrap on Wallace but that was easily the best he's looked for some time in that first half - his kicking, running and passing game were all on

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.