Broncos Vs Warriors - Pre & Post Game Discussion

Alec said:
This Broncos side needs whatever they were having exactly one year ago. We were missing all of our best players, but all the ones who weren't injured were giving it 110%.

And this year, with the best coach in the universe, the best player in the world, a great new half and a supposedly decent hooker.... they're giving it 10%

That was the most frustrating game I have watched for awhile.

Where is the consistency in rulings regarding when a player is held, The Broncos should've received a penalty for when Kemp was driven back into goal, it has been a penalty all year, even Qld were penalised in the Origin this year for the exact same thing.

I don't like to be too critical of the Broncos performances when they are understrength, but FMD what the hell is Parker doing out there? he tried to offload when there was 3 or 4 Warriors players tackling him which constituted a turn over which resulted in a Warriors try. He never takes a strong hit up, he gets dominated all the fucking time argh he frustrates me to no end.

Wallace was robbed, he should've received a few penalties for being tackled without the ball.

What made it worse was I was in line of winning $1200 on a multi-bet if the Broncos won.

Most frustrating game seen all season. Inconsistent ref. What are the bloody rules on holding players back or hand on the ball or high shots. Money on before the game was given to the jerk. Sorry Mr Bean got injured and a linesman got the gig.
Sammy had better be at training half hour early each time from now on in. Gees did we miss him today.
Clinton was our only forward with any mongrel in him.
Sad day for K but lets put that down to his sore eye.

All round a crappy game. Upwards from here. Saints look out next week. We shall be back. icon_thumbs_u

Oh! Not only did Tate swear at the ref but the Warriors player did the Justin sign at him to. Any problems with the judiciary>>> [icon_non

Broncos08 said:
That was the most frustrating game I have watched for awhile.

Where is the consistency in rulings regarding when a player is held, The Broncos should've received a penalty for when Kemp was driven back into goal, it has been a penalty all year, even Qld were penalised in the Origin this year for the exact same thing.

I don't like to be too critical of the Broncos performances when they are understrength, but FMD what the hell is Parker doing out there? he tried to offload when there was 3 or 4 Warriors players tackling him which constituted a turn over which resulted in a Warriors try. He never takes a strong hit up, he gets dominated all the **** time argh he frustrates me to no end.

Wallace was robbed, he should've received a few penalties for being tackled without the ball.

What made it worse was I was in line of winning $1200 on a multi-bet if the Broncos won.

Parker is Benny's boy - don't knock them. It's not form, it's your alarm clock.

Don't really care about this game, we were never going to win it. Looking forward to getting a few of our players back over the next few weeks and winning some games

Another sham of a game. Talyor and Parker cost us greatly and hunt looked slow and tired. Thanks to the likes of Hodges and Thaiday we were under manned and thanks to most that took the field, we were out played and riddled with mistakes. The storm or manly or the roosters or cronulla or most of the top 10 would have killed us tonight.

So just another normal night at the office.

I was @ the game tonight, the only time I get to watch my team in the flesh for 2008, and they pull a poorformance like this!! [eusa_eh

As much as Lockyer is a champion player, mate...he didnt do ANYTHING tonight..his halfarse passing too predictable and too scared to take on the line I thought.

Hunt was good, but Mckinnon was better.

The forwards tonight shouldnt qualify to be BRONCOS forwards, way too soft, how many times did it take just 1 set of 6 from the warriors to threaten, eating up metres sometimes from their own 10-20metre line?? I admit Clinton did a couple of surprisingly good runs, but for the most part they went into their shells and played with half hearts..

manihera is a slow mo

Peter Wallace i thought had a good game, he seemed to try do things with the ball more than Lockyer ever did..

atleast I got to see the Jnr Broncos win icon_smile

Nothing too much to worry about IMO. We always struggle over there whether or not we come away with the win. And as Coxy said earlier in the week, probably a loss that we needed to get out of the road because if we didn't lose between now and round 26, we'd have to equal our most consecutive wins to win the Grand Final.

Oh and FMD Michael Ennis - when your team is behind by 4 with a minute to go and we have the ball inside their 20m, you give the ball to Darren Lockyer!!!!!!!! Don't try and be a glory hog - Lockyer is the man to pull off the grandstand finish!!!!!!!

Jebadude said:
Oh and FMD Michael Ennis - when your team is behind by 4 with a minute to go and we have the ball inside their 20m, you give the ball to Darren Lockyer!!!!!!!!

I don't think that's really a bad thing though. Usually players should be praised for being confident and brave enough to try to do something when the game is on the line.

Alec said:
Jebadude said:
Oh and FMD Michael Ennis - when your team is behind by 4 with a minute to go and we have the ball inside their 20m, you give the ball to Darren Lockyer!!!!!!!!

I don't think that's really a bad thing though. Usually players should be praised for being confident and brave enough to try to do something when the game is on the line.

Er no.

What Ennis did infuriating me no end. And then he tried it again with 10 seconds left FFS. They were both absolutely terrible plays.

Alec said:
Jebadude said:

Thats a little hard when Lockyer was playing the ball.

lyn said:
Alec said:
Jebadude said:

Thats a little hard when Lockyer was playing the ball.

Could've passed it to Wallace who i bet had something planned.

Incidentally, we were ripped with that first Warriors barge-over try. After the video ref gave it, Fox gave just one view of another shot which showed him dropping the ball before grounding it. Even the box-head commentators admitted the refs stuffed up. They never showed it again or made mention of it again.

We imploded.

Hannant gets a wrap.

Why our fullback was packing a scrum, 30 out, 1 minute before halftime, I'll never know.

Ennis......what can I say about Ennis that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan?

Man, we blew some chances.

That's all I'll say, worst performance of the year.

cameo said:
Incidentally, we were ripped with that first Warriors barge-over try. After the video ref gave it, Fox gave just one view of another shot which showed him dropping the ball before grounding it. Even the box-head commentators admitted the refs stuffed up. They never showed it again or made mention of it again.

They never mentioned in on the Sunday Footy Show.

Hammo said:
We imploded.

Man, we blew some chances.

That's all I'll say, worst performance of the year.

The thing is we seem to be saying that a lot these days... Very sad indeed.

Oh also another thing, the strip David Taylor pulled. Kenny had fallen off the tackle prior to him stripping. Should have been a penalty Warriors away if the refs were consistent. ...

mal said:
Oh also another thing, the strip David Taylor pulled. Kenny had fallen off the tackle prior to him stripping. Should have been a penalty Warriors away if the refs were consistent. ...

Yea i noticed that. Stupid ref. The comentators didnt even pick it up. Oh wait they were Kiwi comentators why would they.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Mr Fourex
  • Astro
  • Behind enemy lines
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Dazza 92
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.