Broncos vs Wynnum Manly Seagulls

LIVESTREAM YOUTUBE:

Wynnum trial team

LATE CHANGES: Te Maire Martin in, Tyrone Roberts (sick) out. Deine Mariner in, Ethan Quai Ward (leg) out. Gamble onto bench.

SEAGULLS SQUAD

Aaron Rockley
Bailey Hartwig
Ben Farr
Braden Whittaker
Brandon Jackonia
Caleb Daunt
Clayton Mack
Daine Spencer
Dredin Sorenson
EJ Lui
Ethan Malt
Felix Faatilli
Harrison Graham
Jack Bowyer
Jacob Sturt
James Robinson
Jayden Connors
Kalolo Saitaua
Kelepi Faukafa
Kyle Coghill
Lachlan Lee
Luke Bateman
Mathew Lyons
Matiu Love-Henry
Max Elliott
Max Plath
Nofoasa Malutoa
Ryan O’Keefe
Sam Scarlett
Sione Hopoate
Tom Farr
Tristan Hope
Sebastian Winters-Chang

11.15am: Harvey Norman Under 19 girls – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
12.50pm: Cyril Connell Challenge – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
2.15pm: Auswide Bank Mal Meninga Cup – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
4pm: NRL trial match – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Brisbane Broncos

STREAMING ON SEAGULLS TV (not on Fox/Kayo):

ALSO STREAMING ON FACEBOOK:

These preseason games will be broadcast on Fox/Kayo. In QLD time:

Feb 12, 7.10pm: NRL All Stars (also on Channel 9)
Feb 19, 7pm: Broncos v Titans
Feb 26, 8pm: Broncos v Cowboys

Other matches in AEDT. Subtract an hour for QLD:

6pm — Friday February 18: Roosters vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 18: Tigers vs Sea Eagles
4pm — Saturday February 19: Storm vs Warriors
6pm — Saturday February 19: Rabbitohs vs Cowboys
4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Attachments

• Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,654
Two years ago.

Here was the team:

Brisbane Broncos
1. Guy Hamilton 2. Ilikena Vudogo 3. Vaea Vaea 4. Bessie Aufaga-Toomaga 5. Jonathon Reuben 6. Darren Nicholls 7. Tyson Gamble 8. Pride Petterson-Robati 9. Kobe Hetherington 10. Jack Martin 11. Teurui Robati 12. Brendan Piakura 13. Brandon Lee

Interchange: 14. Cole Waaka 15. Damon Somerville 16. Joshua James 17. Mahpala Ah Chong 18. Danny Heenan 19. Darcy Maroske

Boy you don't want to play the first trial game if you aren't a kid do you, your career isn't going anywhere if you do most likely.

My ultimate fear is if we win all these trial games after a good finish to the season and then come out in Round 1 and get hammered.

There's a bit of Titans 2020 about us at the minute, if I recall correctly, they finished the season strongly, bought in some fantastic players and barely scraped into the 8 last season (the bottom few teams of that 8 is probably the worst I can re-call seeing in terms of quality, teams 6th, 7th and 8th would've struggled to beat us I am suggesting). I just looked it up, they finished 9th in 2020 and finished 8th in 2021 despite bolstering their pack significantly.

To be honest if we did make the 8 this season, it would undoubtedly be a step in the right direction but I think we have a team better than just being able to scrape into the 8.

what is good is the depth at 6,7,9 imo,fullback is still up in the air but i think we are well serviced in those three spine positions.

what is good is the depth at 6,7,9 imo,fullback is still up in the air but i think we are well serviced in those three spine positions.
Fullback you have nui, cobbo, isaako and even mead (who played a bit of fullback in the super league and would be a safe option as he is consistent, plays high percentage football, experienced, and decent defence and attack).

My ultimate fear is if we win all these trial games after a good finish to the season and then come out in Round 1 and get hammered.

There's a bit of Titans 2020 about us at the minute, if I recall correctly, they finished the season strongly, bought in some fantastic players and barely scraped into the 8 last season (the bottom few teams of that 8 is probably the worst I can re-call seeing in terms of quality, teams 6th, 7th and 8th would've struggled to beat us I am suggesting). I just looked it up, they finished 9th in 2020 and finished 8th in 2021 despite bolstering their pack significantly.

To be honest if we did make the 8 this season, it would undoubtedly be a step in the right direction but I think we have a team better than just being able to scrape into the 8.
I’d happily take scraping into the 8 this season

**** it's funny listening to titans fans at the moment after last year though.
10 wins they got. 10 bloody wins, and they act like they are a sure thing for the finals this year and last year was a success because they are now a "finals teams". It was the worst team in living memory to make the finals! They lost 14 matches last year lol. And they still go on about the Roosters game. They were lucky to be there! And the Roosters were running on fumes by that stage too.

Can't wait to see this year for them haha. The youngest captain in the nrl, inexperienced spine, lacking in the dummy half, high self opiniated players, talented juniors who are raved about ...... haha sound familiar?

**** it's funny listening to titans fans at the moment after last year though.
10 wins they got. 10 bloody wins, and they act like they are a sure thing for the finals this year and last year was a success because they are now a "finals teams". It was the worst team in living memory to make the finals! They lost 14 matches last year lol. And they still go on about the Roosters game. They were lucky to be there! And the Roosters were running on fumes by that stage too.

Can't wait to see this year for them haha. The youngest captain in the nrl, inexperienced spine, lacking in the dummy half, high self opiniated players, talented juniors who are raved about ...... haha sound familiar?

Titans are proof of how bad it can get if you start throwing around million dollar deals, we've had a bad one recently in Milford but they've had a chain of bad ones, ever since John Cartwright was their coach they've never really got back anywhere near that.

Fifita could be the exception and buck that trend but he's an edge forward and I don't think they know how to get the best out of him even yet, they need to get him punching a line in the defense coming out of the trouble, not when they're probably going to score anyway and he knocks over 3 retreating defenders.

I’d happily take scraping into the 8 this season

I think we all would mate but if you look at the firepower across the park that our team should have if fully fit, as long as they're competing hard and playing for each other without the ball, we should be able to make the 8.

We've got a really good mix of strike, untapped youngsters and hard nosed seasoned no nonsense NRL players. Injuries will play a role and losing someone like Kotoni Staggs to injury would instantly put a dent in that strike so we will need luck but if they all stay fit and Kevvie continues to develop the young kids the right way, I don't think we will be scraping it in, I think we will be comfortably making it in. Not suggesting a shoe in for the top 4 but I would like to think we won't be amongst that ruck of teams usually competing for 8th spot.

I don't think it's true depth yet. It's competition for spots but I don't think it's depth yet. Depth to me is able to interchange and lose little in game skills. I don't think the Broncos have that.

You don't know what you would get if Mam had to play 15 games, you don't know how Paix or Walters would go for 20 games.

Realistic fear withstanding, what more could they have done to make you feel better?
Not really anything to be perfectly honest, we'll learn a whole lot more in the upcoming trial against an NRL team.

I've already held the belief Kevvie is the right guy and things will get a whole lot better, flogging a QLD Cup team by 50 is what I would expect us to do.

Not really anything to be perfectly honest, we'll learn a whole lot more in the upcoming trial against an NRL team.

I've already held the belief Kevvie is the right guy and things will get a whole lot better, flogging a QLD Cup team by 50 is what I would expect us to do.
Yep, and let's be honest about the wet paper bag we were playing. Have a look at the passage of play that led to the Gamble try. Good luck pulling that off round one:

The keys really are Reynolds and Staggs. Reynolds gives leadership and direction, if he goes down, no one else offers that, not even Gamble to anywhere near Reynolds' level. Staggs is a freak and can pull something from nothing, if he goes down, no one else can do that yet, though Cobbo will get there more than likely but even so, he isn't quite there yet.

Staggs is a freak and can pull something from nothing,
Am I the only one who thinks this is getting a bit ahead of ourselves......maybe it's because of all the time he has off but....I certainly don't think of him in this category just yet

In my mind...he's still got a ways to go, just proving himself to be a regular member of the team.

Am I the only one who thinks this is getting a bit ahead of ourselves......maybe it's because of all the time he has off but....I certainly don't think of him in this category just yet

In my mind...he's still got a ways to go, just proving himself to be a regular member of the team.
When he is on the field, we are an immensely improved attacking team. Not to many players in our team you can say that about if any.

Active Now

• Morepudding
  • Broncorob
  • ostin86
  • lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Redfern_1980
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • Volvo Driver
  • whykickamoocow
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • cento
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.