Broncos vs Wynnum Manly Seagulls

LIVESTREAM YOUTUBE:

Wynnum trial team

LATE CHANGES: Te Maire Martin in, Tyrone Roberts (sick) out. Deine Mariner in, Ethan Quai Ward (leg) out. Gamble onto bench.

SEAGULLS SQUAD

Aaron Rockley
Bailey Hartwig
Ben Farr
Braden Whittaker
Brandon Jackonia
Caleb Daunt
Clayton Mack
Daine Spencer
Dredin Sorenson
EJ Lui
Ethan Malt
Felix Faatilli
Harrison Graham
Jack Bowyer
Jacob Sturt
James Robinson
Jayden Connors
Kalolo Saitaua
Kelepi Faukafa
Kyle Coghill
Lachlan Lee
Luke Bateman
Mathew Lyons
Matiu Love-Henry
Max Elliott
Max Plath
Nofoasa Malutoa
Ryan O’Keefe
Sam Scarlett
Sione Hopoate
Tom Farr
Tristan Hope
Sebastian Winters-Chang

11.15am: Harvey Norman Under 19 girls – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
12.50pm: Cyril Connell Challenge – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
2.15pm: Auswide Bank Mal Meninga Cup – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
4pm: NRL trial match – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Brisbane Broncos

STREAMING ON SEAGULLS TV (not on Fox/Kayo):

ALSO STREAMING ON FACEBOOK:

These preseason games will be broadcast on Fox/Kayo. In QLD time:

Feb 12, 7.10pm: NRL All Stars (also on Channel 9)
Feb 19, 7pm: Broncos v Titans
Feb 26, 8pm: Broncos v Cowboys

Other matches in AEDT. Subtract an hour for QLD:

6pm — Friday February 18: Roosters vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 18: Tigers vs Sea Eagles
4pm — Saturday February 19: Storm vs Warriors
6pm — Saturday February 19: Rabbitohs vs Cowboys
4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Attachments

• Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,654
It's funny how some just dismiss a player because in truth, they've probably never taken the time to closely watch other games.

That`s me .
Now I have heard him speak of his love for the Broncs and what he learnt under the systems at Melbourne .
Then ...
Watched his high light reel . I`m on the Brenko train CHOO CHOO !

Herbie runs away from his support.

the depth of your idiocy knows no bounds ...

rugby league players ... at least good ones, tend to run away from the defence.

support players ... at least good ones, follow the man with the ball, getting ready to receive it at a moments notice.

our lack off quality support play has been an issue for a long time.

the depth of your idiocy knows no bounds ...

rugby league players ... at least good ones, tend to run away from the defence.

support players ... at least good ones, follow the man with the ball, getting ready to receive it at a moments notice.

our lack off quality support play has been an issue for a long time.
Yeah, that's a load of shit. He runs sideways and destroys all the momentum. I'm not prepared to blame the entire team for one bloke's selfish style of play.

That`s me .
Now I have heard him speak of his love for the Broncs and what he learnt under the systems at Melbourne .
Then ...
Watched his high light reel . I`m on the Brenko train CHOO CHOO !
All aboard the Brenko choo choo! I've got my ticket! Deadset legend.

Having said that, I'd still like to see Herbie the lovebug out there somewhere (wing?)... His skill set is impressive: speed, step, strength, kicking (both in-game and at goal; no real surprise given his background). However, as others on this site (with more knowledge than I) have discussed at length previously, he seemed to have no awareness of his support. Was there useable support?! At least he made some breaks and good meters! But I get it; no link up, wasted opportunity. Hopefully, preseason and some retrospective review and helpful coaching (The Pearl is his mentor right?) might alleviate that somewhat this season?

Either way, bring on season 2022!!
IMHO, Broncs - 6th to 8th :)

Ole Brenko could teach Herbie a trick or two about setting up wingers .
He throws some very nice passes for his outside men .

Brenko has the experience in the NRL and has won a premiership. From watching the highlights, Lee has exactly what this team needs in a ball playing centre.
Herbie has speed but other than that not much in attack. Herbie just steps inside once he blocks any room he could use to setup his winger.

So does anyone know why Lee didn't play a single game last year? Seems odd to go from origin to reserves overnight. Was he injured or did he piss Bellamy off?

Brenko plays on the same side as Staggs though right?

I am not paying to much attention to the omissions and inclusions in this team as an indicator of kevie's idea of our best 17. Unlike other clubs I dont think kevie is running a weaker and stronger team across the first 2 trials.

The general mix of youth, nrl experience and reserve graders would suggest that he is giving the opportunity for some players to push their claim for the first 17 (i.e. paix, walters, pereira, lee, Jensen, palasia), maybe kobe for a starting role. For example, I think he may give paix and piakura a bit more time than 1 half of football (which most nrl players would play in trials) to show what they have. I think walters may play a utility role in this game but 6 in another trial.

It will also be interesting to see where some of the other young ones (mariner, te kura) will be in their development and cope playing against men. Although they will not get a look in this year EQW and kiko manu will be interesting to watch.

So does anyone know why Lee didn't play a single game last year? Seems odd to go from origin to reserves overnight. Was he injured or did he piss Bellamy off?
hamstring then couldn't get back in the team

He has/had massive calf problems and couldn't shake it. Staff think they have fixed it and he's down to get 20 minutes on Saturday.
Is he a chance of making the top 13 you reckon?

I wouldn’t mind him as the cheap safe centre to balance out the strike (and cost) of Staggs

He had calf muscle issues .
Heard him talk about his frustrations with soft tissue injuries on the Broncos media . He also said he was doing his own training before coming to Brisbane to hopefully be injury free .

[ Had his ears tucked under his cap though ] LOL .

Active Now

• Gympie devil
  • Yellowfella
  • Confidor
  • Spoon
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • thenry
  • Justwin
  • NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • Lazza
  • the_next
  • Johnny92
  • Accept
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • mitch222
  • Allo
  • barker
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.