Broncos vs Wynnum Manly Seagulls

LIVESTREAM YOUTUBE:

Wynnum trial team

LATE CHANGES: Te Maire Martin in, Tyrone Roberts (sick) out. Deine Mariner in, Ethan Quai Ward (leg) out. Gamble onto bench.

SEAGULLS SQUAD

Aaron Rockley
Bailey Hartwig
Ben Farr
Braden Whittaker
Brandon Jackonia
Caleb Daunt
Clayton Mack
Daine Spencer
Dredin Sorenson
EJ Lui
Ethan Malt
Felix Faatilli
Harrison Graham
Jack Bowyer
Jacob Sturt
James Robinson
Jayden Connors
Kalolo Saitaua
Kelepi Faukafa
Kyle Coghill
Lachlan Lee
Luke Bateman
Mathew Lyons
Matiu Love-Henry
Max Elliott
Max Plath
Nofoasa Malutoa
Ryan O’Keefe
Sam Scarlett
Sione Hopoate
Tom Farr
Tristan Hope
Sebastian Winters-Chang

11.15am: Harvey Norman Under 19 girls – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
12.50pm: Cyril Connell Challenge – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
2.15pm: Auswide Bank Mal Meninga Cup – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
4pm: NRL trial match – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Brisbane Broncos

STREAMING ON SEAGULLS TV (not on Fox/Kayo):

ALSO STREAMING ON FACEBOOK:

These preseason games will be broadcast on Fox/Kayo. In QLD time:

Feb 12, 7.10pm: NRL All Stars (also on Channel 9)
Feb 19, 7pm: Broncos v Titans
Feb 26, 8pm: Broncos v Cowboys

Other matches in AEDT. Subtract an hour for QLD:

6pm — Friday February 18: Roosters vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 18: Tigers vs Sea Eagles
4pm — Saturday February 19: Storm vs Warriors
6pm — Saturday February 19: Rabbitohs vs Cowboys
4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Attachments

• Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,654
I love the naming of Kevvie's trial team more than I love round teams. Te Kura and Mariner are exciting and I am surprised by Mariner not Te Kura.

Ben Te-Kura got Norths' MM player of the year.

He's so tall and such a specimen I think Broncos SC and would love to get hold of him this off-season.

Started the year with injuries so did well to recover and be a bright light in the Alf Trophy.

Bit like Willison last year, he makes his tackles somehow despite his frame not really being suited to defence.

Mariner is interesting, he's only just started full time but physically what would make me think he can handle it is that his strength is two physical strengths- dummy half and defence.

If he gets a bit of time, gets into dummy half and makes his tackles in a physically dominating way which he has shown he can then I think Kevvie would be happy- it's another half a step forward.

100% could have picked this side.

Interesting to see Kelly and Gamble omitted.... But makes complete sense

I love the naming of Kevvie's trial team more than I love round teams. Te Kura and Mariner are exciting and I am surprised by Mariner not Te Kura.

Mariner is interesting, he's only just started full time but physically what would make me think he can handle it is that his strength is two physical strengths- dummy half and defence.

If he gets a bit of time, gets into dummy half and makes his tackles in a physically dominating way which he has shown he can then I think Kevvie would be happy- it's another half a step forward.
how does he stack up against Tony Francis?

Pretty keen to see Ezra get a run, along with Paix. Expecting to see B.Walters come out of the gate wherever he is used, especially with how the talk has been he has been killing the preseason.
I think there were better options then putting isaako at FB, but it is only a trial.
Also wanting to see big things from Piakura.
Then watch Cobbo run a muck with the big boys.
Unreal to see the footy back!

I like that kevie has paired ezra with Roberts, as I think Roberts is that dominant organiser similar to Reynolds so it is good practice and allows him just to play his natural game. Having paix at 9 and isaako at 1 will also add some familiarity to his role.
True I had forgotten about the Souths Logan connection with Paix and Isaako

I definitely agree that the guys named in this are likely not currently top choice in their respective positions. Interesting that dobbo had Pereira on the wing ahead of oates and walters leading the 5/8. Goes to show that even watching countless training sessions you really can't pick what's going on.

I'd probably expect walters to play a bit of hooker and a bit of 5/8. The interesting one for me is Hetherington named at lock. Makes me think maybe he's currently not in walters best 17? Unless we were a bit light on in the forwards and he had to throw someone in there.

Out of that squad it will be interesting to see who makes it through to the final trial. Possibly Paix and Hetherington?

I definitely agree that the guys named in this are likely not currently top choice in their respective positions. Interesting that dobbo had Pereira on the wing ahead of oates and walters leading the 5/8. Goes to show that even watching countless training sessions you really can't pick what's going on.

I'd probably expect walters to play a bit of hooker and a bit of 5/8. The interesting one for me is Hetherington named at lock. Makes me think maybe he's currently not in walters best 17? Unless we were a bit light on in the forwards and he had to throw someone in there.

Out of that squad it will be interesting to see who makes it through to the final trial. Possibly Paix and Hetherington?
Pereira as well will likely make it through. It will be a big squad so Ezra and Walters possibly will to.

I'm a fan of Lee and would like to see him at centre over Farnsworth. But he would need to light the trials on fire to knock Herbie off the mantel.
Mam starting over Walters is an interesting one for me. It may mean Mam's a bit ahead or could mean Walters more as utility position in the future 17. We're seen Gamble have plenty of time in broncos colours so I can see why he wouldn't be played as much.
The trials are to see what our players can do and I like how Walters is using them to do exactly this.

Looking forward to reading the summary of the game, I will probably be watching the Roar play on Sunday at Dolphin stadium but that is as close as I will get to the league this weekend :)

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Spoon
  • Yellowfella
  • Stix
  • thenry
  • Confidor
  • Justwin
  • NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • Lazza
  • the_next
  • Johnny92
  • Accept
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • mitch222
  • Allo
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.