Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Renegade. Hammer. Nail. Head.

Our club is ARROGANT. We think we're better than anyone else. We think we're king shit, we act like as though playing for the Broncos is like playing for Manchester United in the Premier League..

Why shouldn't we act like this?? I don't understand.. From where I am sitting the Broncos are the best club in the comp and should act accordingly.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Aeetee said:
nopatience101 said:
The Rock said:
He ain't getting any more than what he would be getting at Brisbane, so what makes someone like Greg Inglis want to play for SOUTHS over Brisbane?

of course hes getting more! one way or another...

He got offered a $100,000 job and an ambassador for some billionaire dude talking to communities as an indigenous employment/training, or something along those lines. And its exempt from the salary cap. So he gets that on top of his yearly wage which would be on par with what we offered and Mundine paying his court costs taking Melbourne to court to pay his legal bill so it doesn't become part of there salary cap. Plus he gets a car of his choice and that is salary cap exempt as well ( same for Brissy as well).

Plus who knows what Rusty offered him and Sally. If it pans out for him and he wins the court case he'll come out way on top there then here.
the deal with twiggy has to be included in the cap under marquee player allowance because it was guaranteed and offered only to souths and since twiggy has been plastered over the back page of most papers right next to rusty its obvious he is associated with the club in some form. Its no different to what nrma had committed to inglis in our deal and for around the same amount. This is also the case for any money mundine gives him and while clubs are allowed to provide cars to 3 players exempt from the cap, the value of that car or lease has restrictions i believe. I cant see souths being able to offer inglis significantly more than us within the restrictions of the cap. Judging by some news reports on what souths have promised him seemingly without any nrl or Melbourne consultation i have some doubts over souths getting any deal through nrl scrutiny intact.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
How can Greg Inglis show interest in the club but the club lacks interest in the player?

Souths were gunning it from the start. They even got Anthony Mundine involved, that's extreme. What did we do? "Greg, your contract is here to sign when you're ready."

Define showing interest in the player? In this case I define it as:

Inglis signs, the Broncos pay his legal fees, the Broncos breach the salary cap, the Broncos play no part in the 2011 season.

[icon_shru [icon_shru [icon_shru

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
The point I really wanted looked at, is how the f**k can Souths afford him under their cap?????? It seems logical that he is going there because the offer was a lot better than Brisbane, how can they afford it?

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Proves what i said before, he never had any intention to come here:

"Pretty much ... if a good deal didn't come to the table I was looking somewhere else, switching codes," Inglis told the Nine Network.

Obviously our offer wasn't good enough....

How funny would it be if Melbourne didn't give him permission to talk to Souths [icon_lol1.
"Greg Inglis remains a contracted player with Melbourne Storm and, in accordance with NRL rules, Melbourne Storm retains the right to determine who may be granted permission to negotiate with Greg Inglis," chief executive Ron Gauci said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 5949633870

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
- I definitely think there is more to it as well... the more you think about it - the more shite just doesn't add up. We can speculate but for now nobody knows.

- We're not better off without him in regards to footy on the field. You're lying if you think we are - lazy/unfit/MIA reasons are BS...and certainly woudl have been rectified. However better off as a club perhaps... the whole fiasco sounds dodgy to me.

- If the media reports are even 70% ish accurate: He definitely dogged it. No ifs or buts about it... some valid points about the Broncs playing a part too but at the end of the day they couldn't risk a KHUNT situation again. We were blowing up about it then so we can't turn around now... though I must say it's slightly diff because ATM we don't really need to resign anyone massive.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I heard Mundine got into his ear about working for the white man.

I reckon the Broncos association with News Limited didn't help matters.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This is turning into a massive joke. The NRL need to grow a pair and actually do something about it... not that I'm sure what they could actually do. There has to be something though, it's all a complete mess.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Aeetee said:
Proves what i said before, he never had any intention to come here:

"Pretty much ... if a good deal didn't come to the table I was looking somewhere else, switching codes," Inglis told the Nine Network.

500K or whatever it was, wasn't good enough? What a dickhead.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:

Well he's dumber than I thought then cause last time I looked Crowe was white. [icon_lol1.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
My dream headline in tomorrow's paper is that Inglis is stranded because the Storm won't release him to anyone, and that he has to sit out the year until his contract is up. Then we don't have to put up with the fucking dog playing for Queensland either icon_thumbs_u

Or maybe even better would be if the Storm say "no mate our agreement was we will release you to the Broncos because Brisbane is where your girlfriend works and you wanted a release to go up there on compassionate grounds. We won't release you to anyone else", and then he comes to the Broncos asking to sign again and we just say "Greg, get stuffed" icon_thumbs_u

The Storm have a chance to do something that Broncos fans will appreciate!!! They've never had this opportunity before!!!!

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
that would be great, but take him back.... discounted [icon_evillaugh

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Aeetee said:
Big Pete said:

Well he's dumber than I thought then cause last time I looked Crowe was white. [icon_lol1.

Pretty much, although he's only working for Crowe because of Mundine who had a role with the club not too long ago.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Oh bring that on, the NRL won't make that happen though because then Greg would "walk from the game" [icon_shru

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Aeetee said:
that would be great, but take him back.... discounted [icon_evillaugh

But so he can play for Wynnum, I don't want to cheer for him. Then he won't play for Queensland either icon_thumbs_u

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The NRL will easily bow over to South Sydney 'for the good of the game'.

If it was the Brisbane Broncos though...oh s**t.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Even if the offers were the same ... South will pay his legal bill while the Broncos wont

B

bloke :P

BRL Player
Jul 26, 2008
we don't need him. Well, as long as Justo stays the f away from ditches.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Brocko
  • Mighty Bronx
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.