Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

For me, GI's last 2 seasons have put him a bit below the top 5.

You're holding 2009 against him? The year he won the Golden Boot and Wally Lewis medal and starred in all the Storm's finals games?

I don't think he dropped off that badly in 2010, probably his worst season by his standards...but still a good season by anyone elses.

There is no denying that 2009 and 2010 was his worst seasons.

Yes there is, that year was at least on par with 2007-2008.

Lets just hope GI gets what is coming to him...

I hope he phones it in for Souths...but plays awesome for Queensland and Australia.

Yeah is it bad that I hopes he breaks his leg in the last minute of Origin III?

I don't want Inglis anywhere near the QLD side. I hope he suffers a heart attack from all the pies he's eaten and has to retire.

Coxy said:
I don't want Inglis anywhere near the QLD side. I hope he suffers a heart attack from all the pies he's eaten and has to retire.

QFT. icon_thumbs_u

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:

QFT. icon_thumbs_u

Jumping on this boat

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:

QFT. icon_thumbs_u

It's going to be quite funny seeing him in a Souths jersey. Owen Craigie Mach II.

Yo can see the banner at the footy now:

"DAM, when did Craigie get so fat"

:See told you the re signed Owen"

If Lang had half a brain he would play GI in his natural position of fullback, Wesser had a reasonable season but Inglis once fully fit would absolutely carve from fullback.

1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. Champion
4. Farrell
5. Talanoa

That back 5 would be freaking awesome.

You'd think so Brizz, but I get the feeling Souths being Souths will try and make him into a five eigth.

I didn't think Lyon was that bad at five eigth, I mean he did win a premiership there. Heck he may of won two premierships there (I know he played there at times for St. Helens, unsure if he played there in there 2006 Grand Final victory).

Also, didn't Lawrence only play one game at five eigth? Where all he did was run over Norman and that was that?

Lyon was voted man of steel in the UK twice I think playing 6, but in our league he isn't creative enough to play the 5/8th position. Orford was very helpful in that he did 95% of Manly's 6th tackle options.

Yeah he's definitely a much better centre.

But really when they made the move, their only other option was Burns who isn't that great a playmaker and had both Steve Bell and Steve Matai fighting out one centre position, the move made a lot of sense.

I also thought he played quite well there, for mine he was Manly's most valuable player behind Brett Stewart.

Don't know if its been mentioned before in this thread but GI signed for 1.8 millon over 3 years. not bad for a club who said on 3 occasions that there is no way they could afford him.

Greg Inglis still in limbo as NRL talks stall

South Sydney officials met with NRL management yesterday but could not resolve the Greg Inglis saga.
Until salary cap auditor Ian Schubert approves the deal - and until Inglis pays Melbourne an outstanding debt of $113,000 - the star centre will not be granted a release from Melbourne to Souths.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5955139714

I hope they don't release him, and sit him out for the remainder of his contract.

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • Morkel
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Emanon
  • theshed
  • the_next
  • bb_gun
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.