Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

Nashy said:
I hope they don't release him, and sit him out for the remainder of his contract.

No don't sit him out, but make him play NSW Premier League.

Unfortunately if Storm don't release him (or someone else) then they will be over the cap again next year, so I daresay he'll be getting a release.

What I would then love to happen is after he finally gets the release, Schubert finds something dodgy with the Souths contract and refuses to register it. And all other clubs have no money left in their cap for him [icon_lol1.

i just want him in the NRL so he can play origin. i dont care who its with since its not with the Broncos, but he needs to be there.

We have Tonga.... chill icon_thumbs_u

If hodges gets back to his best he will be right centre in origin for sure

I'm going to be extremely worried if we're putting our hopes in a Hodges/Tonga combo.

Flutterby said:
Unfortunately if Storm don't release him (or someone else) then they will be over the cap again next year, so I daresay he'll be getting a release.

Can they drop him from their top 25 squad. And don't play him.

Isn't it in players contract that they have to play a certain amount of games, before they get their full contract money.

oh who am I kidding... Kemp and Hodges FTW woohoo [ :mrgreen:

Bucking Beads said:
If hodges gets back to his best he will be right centre in origin for sure
i actually dont think he'll displace Tonga or Inglis unless one of them is playing terrible and Hodges is playing superbly. the selectors wont be in a hurry to change a team that completed a clean sweep.

I don't think Hodges will offer much next year to worry about selecting him for Origin.

Nashy said:
I don't think Hodges will offer much next year to worry about selecting him for Origin.

I'm expecting SFA from fat boy Inglis too.

I'm expecting temperamental / emotional dramas from Hodges actually

I'm expecting at some stage Hodges will find a way to join his "brothers" in Redfern

Nashy said:

pretty good chance of that but I did say IF he gets back to his best... Hope so but I am not holding my breath.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
I'm expecting temperamental / emotional dramas from Hodges actually

Yea I hate to say it but I think the broncos have seen the last of anything useful form Hodges tbh.

Big Pete said:
Souths/Inglis deal could be blocked...

I will laugh my head off if Inglis can't head to Souths. I don't blame the NRL either apparently Souths wanted him on a base salary of just 190k for next season.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5960431960

From this article:

If forced out the door at Souths in wake of the NRL's stance Inglis may opt to accept offers from overseas with neither the Broncos or Storm willing or able to take him back.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • GCBRONCO
  • YeahNahMate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Swordfish
  • Big Del
  • Browny
  • Robboi_321
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Redfern_1980
  • bb_gun
  • Jazza
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • Behind enemy lines
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.