Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

Foordy said:
audragon said:
Oh, there's a fire alright, no doubt about that!

what because you don't like Henjak, the players mustn't like him either :roll:
I could return the question... Because you like Henjak, the players must like him too?

Seriously though, I've heard this from several quadrants, way before Weidler reported it.
It's too much smoke not to be a fire.

audragon said:
Foordy said:
audragon said:
Oh, there's a fire alright, no doubt about that!

what because you don't like Henjak, the players mustn't like him either :roll:
I could return the question... Because you like Henjak, the players must like him too?

Seriously though, I've heard this from several quadrants, way before Weidler reported it.
It's too much smoke not to be a fire.

I haven't really formed a judgment on Henjak yet ... i think a new coach (especially a rookie coach) needs 3 years minimum to prove himself.

IMO, Henjak has done some good things as our coach and ans showed some potential, but he has also made some poor decisions.

The Rock said:
Who ate all the pies?

r673123_4913018.jpg

I thought he was a centre not a front rower!!

That piercing looks raging....... [icon_drun

kluppy said:
Flutterby said:
Insight said:
Everyone knows the players dont like Henjak, and dont rate him.

Everyone knows??? What?? Really??? I don't KNOW any such thing - the media has perpertuated this. Sure there may be some players that may not like him or might not agree with all of his decisions, but I can tell you that a number of the players I have spoken to on a personal level speak well of Ivan and are quite supportive of him.

cos yeah a player is really gonna rubbish his coach in public, stuff like that would NEVER get reported to EVERY freakin paper in the country..... any player with even a pea sized brain is gonna say " yeah the coach is great, i support him fully " especially the younger ones. otherwise they'd be out on their proverbial before the papers hit the stands.

These conversations were not "in public". They were private conversations that I had with these players as a friend - and they all know that I would never repeat publicly anything they told me in confidence and they indeed have in the past told me things that weren't all rosy about / at the club. But I guess some of you would prefer to believe players would go to a hack "journalist", knowing everything they say will be on the front page, and complain they don't like their coach; but you refuse to believe they would tell their feelings on their coach to someone they consider a friend who would not betray their confidence.

Anyway on another issue - I wonder if the Broncos are sending GI / Souths an invoice for the rehab work we did with him.

Flutterby said:
kluppy said:
Flutterby said:
Insight said:
Everyone knows the players dont like Henjak, and dont rate him.

Everyone knows??? What?? Really??? I don't KNOW any such thing - the media has perpertuated this. Sure there may be some players that may not like him or might not agree with all of his decisions, but I can tell you that a number of the players I have spoken to on a personal level speak well of Ivan and are quite supportive of him.

cos yeah a player is really gonna rubbish his coach in public, stuff like that would NEVER get reported to EVERY freakin paper in the country..... any player with even a pea sized brain is gonna say " yeah the coach is great, i support him fully " especially the younger ones. otherwise they'd be out on their proverbial before the papers hit the stands.

These conversations were not "in public". They were private conversations that I had with these players as a friend - and they all know that I would never repeat publicly anything they told me in confidence and they indeed have in the past told me things that weren't all rosy about / at the club. But I guess some of you would prefer to believe players would go to a hack "journalist", knowing everything they say will be on the front page, and complain they don't like their coach; but you refuse to believe they would tell their feelings on their coach to someone they consider a friend who would not betray their confidence.

Anyway on another issue - I wonder if the Broncos are sending GI / Souths an invoice for the rehab work we did with him.

By the looks of things the food bill would be worth more to the Broncos than his Rehab work...

SOUTH SYDNEY owner Russell Crowe has used an American late-night talk show appearance to reveal the salary of prize signing Greg Inglis, comparing him to NBA superstar LeBron James

''In order to put it into perspective for you guys, it's like we just got LeBron James … In the rugby league world it's just gigantic,'' Crowe said.

Seriously??!!! No way is GI's value/standing in RL anywhere near that of LeBron James to the NBA

Asked by Leno what he was paying the 23-year-old, Crowe said: ''It's nothing compared to American money but he's got a three-year deal that's worth roughly about $1.8 million.''

There we have it peeps - that's the contract amount.

''We have a coach … John Lang, who is going to finish out the year then we bring in the new coach the next season,'' Crowe said.

Adds a bit of credence to the rumours of Bellamy being at Souths next year.

''He'd actually made a decision that he wanted to come to South Sydney,'' Crowe said. ''We do a lot of work in the community and we have a deep connection with the Aboriginal community in Australia. He's an indigenous fella. It was in the back of his mind. I'd been trying to get a conversation with him going for about five months but his manger [Allan Gainey] basically just said it wasn't going to happen. Then the team [the Broncos] that he was going to withdrew their offer to him.''

Well that's the Crowe/Souths version. Seriously if he had actually already made a decision he wanted to go to Souths, there is no way Gainey wouldn't have negotiated with them from the start. Also, the tosspot makes it sound like Souths are the only ones in the whole country doing anything to help the indigenous.

Inglis was named yesterday in the Indigenous squad for the All Stars game at the Gold Coast in February but Souths insist he will be unavailable due to injury.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 17vx9.html

I'm sure Leno's American audience were enthralled by that interview.

Fozz said:
I'm sure Leno's American audience were enthralled by that interview.

Must be a crap movie that he's promoting if he spent the interview talking about GI instead.

The Rock said:
LeBron James LOLZ. Inglis isn't even in the top 5 League players.

[icon_confu Who is?

I mean, are we just going to base this on last year (which counted for s**t for the Storm) or the past 5 years? (which in context didn't count for s**t).

The fact Inglis didn't give a shit when they weren't playing for the premiership shows what a shallow, pointless piece of shit he is. If I was a Melbourne Storm fan I would still expect my team to put in 100% effort every week, even if they can't win the premiership.

I would laugh so hard if Souths end up with Owen Craigie Mark 2.

GCBRONCO said:
I would laugh so hard if Souths end up with Owen Craigie Mark 2.

Well GI is nearly there, just a few more pies should do it.

Active Now

• theshed
  • the_next
  • Emanon
  • bb_gun
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • Morkel
  • Redfern_1980
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky24
  • Tmac
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.