Broncos withdraw their two year offer to Greg Inglis

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bennett had given to him arguably the strongest foundation a club could ask for with the best financial backing of any club for entry into the competition since the entry of outer sydney clubs into the NSWRL competition, they had virtually all the advantages when it came to recruitment(especially helped when attracting players who wanted to live in Queensland but play in the NSWRL competition) and retainment and you could clearly see that on the player roster they had. He wasn't given a Steelers, Raiders, Giants, Knights outfit when those teams entered the competition and quite frankly I think outside of 1990 and 1992, the Broncos really didn't meet the standards they should have in the first 5 seasons and thats 3 more seasons then Henjak has had at the helm. Thankfully instead of listening purely to emotional outbursts of the public blinded over performance and hero worship issues the Broncos backed Bennett for the longterm and it turned out to be the right decision.

If anything Insight recruiting and retainment for the Broncos in the last decade has become harder, not easier and during that time the club recruitment and retainment records IMO simpy don't rank up to their entry in the late 80's to the late 90's and for the majority of that time period(2000-2010) Bennett was the coach, the fact is we have lost players during that timeframe of his reign we previously wouldnt have, retained players we wouldn't have and recruited players that with hindsight we shouldn't have. Other clubs are catching up after the Superleague wars and thus become more competitive when it comes to retainment and recruitment challenges, other sports have been actively chasing our big name players, This is not solely Bennett's fault indeed there are valid questions that should be raised about the Broncos management during this timespane that has seen us get here, but neither should you be so quick to crucify Henjak after just two seasons entering the mess that he was given, instead I think Rock brings up a good point, a 3 year term is far more accurate as to what he truely can deliver. If after 2011 he has failed to deliver an expected result then I'd certainly think it more fair to evaluate his future at the club.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Insight said:
Everyone knows the players dont like Henjak, and dont rate him.

Everyone knows??? What?? Really??? I don't KNOW any such thing - the media has perpertuated this. Sure there may be some players that may not like him or might not agree with all of his decisions, but I can tell you that a number of the players I have spoken to on a personal level speak well of Ivan and are quite supportive of him.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I have heard some of the younger players have get out clauses in there contracts if Henjak leaves.... [icon_shru

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
Insight said:

Everyone knows??? What?? Really??? I don't KNOW any such thing - the media has perpertuated this. Sure there may be some players that may not like him or might not agree with all of his decisions, but I can tell you that a number of the players I have spoken to on a personal level speak well of Ivan and are quite supportive of him.

Some people seem to beleive everything they read.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
I have heard some of the younger players have get out clauses in there contracts if Henjak leaves.... [icon_shru

A lot of players seem to have this clause.

Blake Ferguson had one and left the Sharks because of Ricky Stuart...RICKY STUART FFS!

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
Greg doesn't have the capacity to think, so someone obviously told him.
With all due respect, if Greg is going to be a supporter of / public figure for his people as Mundane assures us he wants to, I am very concerned for our indigenous folk.
What could Greg tell anyone about anything?
This could be very interesting viewing / listening.

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
Flutterby said:
Insight said:

cos yeah a player is really gonna rubbish his coach in public, stuff like that would NEVER get reported to EVERY freakin paper in the country..... any player with even a pea sized brain is gonna say " yeah the coach is great, i support him fully " especially the younger ones. otherwise they'd be out on their proverbial before the papers hit the stands.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think if Lockyer had a problem with Henjak, Henjak would be gone by now.... [icon_shru

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I have heard 3 Broncos players bagged Henjak when talking to GI.

Don't know any names.

Heard that if Henjak is coach after 2011, these players will leave the Broncos.

So what players contract runs out after 2011.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Obviously ones with egos to big that they think they are bigger than there team.

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
Kaz said:

Don't know any names.

justin hodges, corey parker

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Darren Lockyer.

Doubt it would be Parker, he's one of Ivan's big admirers.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Kaz said:

Don't know any names.

I don't buy it for a second.

The good ol' saying goes if there's enough smoke there must be a fire. Well that seems to be the aim here, keep speaking shit(not speaking about you, just these rumours) and people will eventually think it is true.

OH NOES 3 PLAYERS WILL LEAVE IF HENJAK NO BYE BYE IN 2011.
At least 3 players will leave anyway so that doesn't mean shit, just some bs way for the person saying it to say I told you so like he knew it all along. What's more convenient about this rumour is almost every player is signing just till 2011 so they can re-assess their deals with the TV rights upgrade that is coming in 2012.

In any case Thaiday is definitely in "the gang" and he looks keen as ever to stay for 2011 and beyond. He's part of the senior group(lets get real the senior group is 3-4 players) and so is Parker who seems to be a fan of Ivan, so who are we left with Lockyer who's hit pretty much career best form again under Henjak this year and Hodges didn't really take part this year.

I think this so called "Henjak hate" is just pure crap and anything that comes form that dick knob of a so called "journalist" Wielder can be immediately passed off as class A shit talk.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Oh, there's a fire alright, no doubt about that!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
audragon said:
Oh, there's a fire alright, no doubt about that!

what because you don't like Henjak, the players mustn't like him either :roll:

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
This bloke really has no credibility at all now. He was just hijacked by a few journos and said wtte that his missus made him go to Sydney because she got a job there. Played just now on Sky News. :roll:

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I heard that one of Shannon Dorhoty's eyes is off-centre because it's trying to escape

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • winslow_wong
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BroncoFan94
  • lakers133334
  • Dexter
  • lynx000
  • Santa
  • Dash
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.