Broncos youngsters under threat from poachers.

Unfortunately Penny, JNik will be gone. Take it as fact, he will be playing for Manly next year.

Guys ,please dont PM me asking for my sauce on this one. Is a real shame, but Manly offer, both money and promise of opportunity in the halves, too good to refuse for the kid.

he is a long way from signing or doing a deal with manly..actually its rubbish....
meeting scheduled with the broncos recruitment and jaydens management to discuss his future this week.
the big one knocking on jaydens door are the dragons, but again the broncos are still in the box seat. it will depend on game opportunity and overall deal/cash.

Unfortunately Penny, JNik will be gone. Take it as fact, he will be playing for Manly next year.

Guys ,please dont PM me asking for my sauce on this one. Is a real shame, but Manly offer, both money and promise of opportunity in the halves, too good to refuse for the kid.

he is a long way from signing or doing a deal with manly..actually its rubbish....
meeting scheduled with the broncos recruitment and jaydens management to discuss his future this week.
the big one knocking on jaydens door are the dragons, but again the broncos are still in the box seat. it will depend on game opportunity and overall deal/cash.

TalanOwned!

I think J.Nikorima could be a better overall player than Milford. The only thing working against him, is ironically, his utility value and ability to play multiple positions. Same goes for Kodi, and it might mean they won't be used in one position, but instead moved around where needed. I think Jayden would be a damaging fullback in the Barba mould, but it's hard to tell where he'll play in first grade.

Last edited:
Guys, please, dont shoot the messenger. I have had several angry subscribers PM me communicating there displeasure after my earlier posting ,and, demanding to know where i have obtained my intel from. As i said, i am not at liberty to give up my sauce, at least for the time been.

look, i dont think we as supporters, or the club itself, are in a position to take the moral high ground anyway. We did sign Milf from the Raiders after they developed him from an early age. Lets not be hypocrites here :nono::nono:

I was going to ask for some tomato, but I guess I won't now :(

Development from clubs come in different ways.

Bennett said the draft would also level the playing field of junior development.
“You have clubs in Sydney paying an awful lot of money to their junior leagues. I know the Dragons pay one million dollars to their junior leagues a year,” he said.
“There are clubs that aren’t paying anything, such as the Cowboys, Broncos, Titans, Storm and Warriors.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...ry-fniabjcr-1227217820653#load-story-comments

The he problem you guys will be having is competition for spots, if they want regular first grade and the pay that goes with it they'll have to sign elsewhere.

Last edited:
Speaking of good young players, how about we sign Mbye to play in the centres (/Back-up Five-Eighth if we eventually move Milford to Fullback)

Bennett said the draft would also level the playing field of junior development.
“You have clubs in Sydney paying an awful lot of money to their junior leagues. I know the Dragons pay one million dollars to their junior leagues a year,” he said.
“There are clubs that aren’t paying anything, such as the Cowboys, Broncos, Titans, Storm and Warriors.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...ry-fniabjcr-1227217820653#load-story-comments

The he problem you guys will be having is competition for spots, if they want regular first grade and the pay that goes with it they'll have to sign elsewhere.

Of course it does and Sydney club make the choice to still be doing it the way they have since 1908. You'll notice the newer clubs don't and have no real need to. I don't think Sydney clubs have any need to either; like I said before the days of the Dragons only needing to recruit from there area are over.

The Sydney clubs shared borders and had junior clubs. Queensland don't have that which is why really the term Broncos' junior is never correct. Broncos have never produced a junior or a junior club.

Warriors also don't need to have junior clubs, they have a whole country and Storm what would be the point?

Development still costs the Broncos a lot of money.

Last edited:

I don't understand what the **** Bennett is talking about here, how on earth do the Broncos spend nothing on development? makes 0 sense

I don't understand what the **** Bennett is talking about here, how on earth do the Broncos spend nothing on development? makes 0 sense

No they spend on development, they don't spend on having junior clubs.

Sydney clubs like the Dragons might have 100 clubs in their area. They pay for them to be their junior clubs. Broncos and the Queensland clubs don't do it like that. They still spend and develop, but aren't limited by boundaries or borders that Sydney clubs cling to.

Sydney clubs are essentially still investing in 'local juniors.' Even though they're spotting talent from all over the world just like the Queensland clubs.

Don't mistake this statement for Queensland clubs aren't spending money on development.

I remember one time FaithInHook was stalking Milford around Inala. I can imagine him stalking other players too.

No they spend on development, they don't spend on having junior clubs.

Sydney clubs like the Dragons might have 100 clubs in their area. They pay for them to be their junior clubs. Broncos and the Queensland clubs don't do it like that. They still spend and develop, but aren't limited by boundaries or borders that Sydney clubs cling to.

Sydney clubs are essentially still investing in 'local juniors.' Even though they're spotting talent from all over the world just like the Queensland clubs.

Don't mistake this statement for Queensland clubs aren't spending money on development.

That makes sense, thanks mate

I would love to see this in two to three years:

1. Milford
2. Kahu
3. Oates
4. Copley
5. Drew
6. Taylor
7. Hunt
8. Offa
9. Jikorima
10. Molo
11. McGuire
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Kikorima
15. Fai
16. Greinke
17. Wallace/Garbutt/???

McGuire playing back row, lmfao

McGuire playing back row, lmfao

Agreed. With interchanges being reduced a prop who can play McGuire's minutes will become more valuable. He's one of the types of players who will benefit from any reduction, which surely comes at the expense of the Klemmer types.

Care to explain why that's so funny?

He's currently the only good prop on the roster, Blair plays more of a hybrid Prop/Five-Eighth role at the moment (Which is fine if that's what we need him doing), Ofahengaue is still a ways off, as are all the other young guys, if McGuire was going to move anywhere it'd be Lock once Parker retires, but we'd still need to develop/buy 2 or 3 more top line props before even considering that.

Plus back row is the only position on the roster where we have considerable depth. All 4 of these guys have a decent chance of still being at the club in 3 years time.

Glenn
Gillett
Oates
Greinke

PLUS with the interchange changes mobile props who can play big minutes will become the new thing, which we'll certainly need McGuire for.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Spoon
  • HarryAllan7
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.