Broncos Youth Players and Young Guns coming through.

I agree. Obviously I haven't seen the full match so I can't comment on his overall play, but his tries weren't too impressive. First try was good support play, second was a try I don't think he would score in the NRL (small guy running over a fullback) and the third was a lucky break off a deflection. I was hoping to see someone stepping people deluxe or showing incredible pace but was left a bit underwhelmed.
Oh **** me, really? The kid is 18 years old, playing his first few games against men but his highlights of his 3 tries in a game (the second time he has done so) where he was playing next to another 18/19 year old half on debut were underwhelming.

Do we expect him to be stepping around teams on his own, running length of the field tries untouched, kicking like Cooper cronk and throwing 30 metre cut out passes to put his team mates into space 7 games into his ISC career?

Is he ready for first grade? No. Is he a promising prospect that will benefit from further development in ISC to reach nrl standard? Yes.

As a young half starting in the ISC, I would be wanting him to make his tackles, play his role in attack, support his team mates and put in for the effort areas (I.e. kick chase). He is doing that and more.

Maybe people should temper their expectations of players, and watch full games before making too critical (or even complimentary) comments on players' performances.

Oh **** me, really? The kid is 18 years old, playing his first few games against men but his highlights of his 3 tries in a game (the second time he has done so) where he was playing next to another 18/19 year old half on debut were underwhelming.

Do we expect him to be stepping around teams on his own, running length of the field tries untouched, kicking like Cooper cronk and throwing 30 metre cut out passes to put his team mates into space 7 games into his ISC career?

Is he ready for first grade? No. Is he a promising prospect that will benefit from further development in ISC to reach nrl standard? Yes.

As a young half starting in the ISC, I would be wanting him to make his tackles, play his role in attack, support his team mates and put in for the effort areas (I.e. kick chase). He is doing that and more.

Maybe people should temper their expectations of players, and watch full games before making too critical (or even complimentary) comments on players' performances.
I did preface my comments with I hadn't seen his full games so I couldn't comment on his overall performance, just the tries.

Is it good he scored 3 tries? Of course. Does that mean it will translate to NRL level? Possibly but I think it's important to cool down the hype this early on. You already have people calling for/suggesting he could be our 5/8 next year, so the idea that he should stay in ISC and continue to develop is one I'm on board with. My expectations are definitely tempered, maybe too much in your opinion seeing as you've had a conniption at my suggestion that his tries weren't super impressive.

Does Ezra Mam remind anyone else of a young Milford😅. I actually think the kid is a fullback playing 5/8. Haven’t seen any cut out balls or try assists that require much vision yet
I think in his first or second ISC game he had a nice cut out ball on the right edge for a try assist

Not a Milf rainbow ball over the top either it was a bullet type cut out ball.

Haven't been able to watch any of his other games since, but it suggests that he can do a bit of ball playing. It might become better and more prominent with experience as his vision and game awareness gets better

Just read a tweet = NRL on Nine - that Tesi is leaving at the end of the year? Apparently we can't afford him ... but we can afford Billy Walters.

What am I missing here?

Young second rower who was earlier this year named in the Queensland U15 school boy Merit side.

He'll probably just leave in 3yr looking for the big pay day.

Feel like we are just used by juniors as a stepping stone to the next contract... seems like we've turned into the equivalent of a US college system that other teams draft from.

NRL needs badly to fix this, Gould has been saying it for awhile the game has a massive issue bringing in young players because most teams don't focus on development and the ones that do get shafted because there is no protections for the club developing(just hire more scouts instead of having a proper development system, it's cheaper and will have the same result).

If they brought in some protections it would force those clubs to pull their weight too.

NRL needs badly to fix this, Gould has been saying it for awhile the game has a massive issue bringing in young players because most teams don't focus on development and the ones that do get shafted because there is no protections for the club developing(just hire more scouts instead of having a proper development system, it's cheaper and will have the same result).

If they brought in some protections it would force those clubs to pull their weight too.

Not going to happen while Politis is bankrolling the competition as a whole.

Marsden SHS have been named the 2021 Langer Cup winners. Bronco's contracted Nathaniel Tangimataiti was part of the squad and will play in the semi-final against Ipswich.

The Bronco's have a good player on their hands in Wavel SHS second rower Ben Te Kura who was one of his schools best in this seasons Covid shortened Langer Cup school boy competition.

Badel reporting the Va’a brothers have signed with the Rorters.
Gee its frustrating watching young talent getting poached by other clubs. Sure it’ll always happen and ‘can’t keep em all‘ but I was keen to see these lads debut for us in a few years..

Badel reporting the Va’a brothers have been poached by the Rorters.
You know what? Im ok with some of our juniors going elswhere to get a shot. I understand we cant keep them all.

But it drives me wild when it seems to only ever be a handfull of teams picking the cream of the crop. The roosters have raided Suali, walker, these two amongst god knows who else.

When was the last time the tigers or the dogs or even the sharks nabbed one of these hot shot youngsters?its always a top team oozing with tallent already. Everything is just so out of ballance i think om becoming a fan of a draft system!

You know what? Im ok with some of our juniors going elswhere to get a shot. I understand we cant keep them all.

But it drives me wild when it seems to only ever be a handfull of teams picking the cream of the crop. The roosters have raided Suali, walker, these two amongst god knows who else.

When was the last time the tigers or the dogs or even the sharks nabbed one of these hot shot youngsters?its always a top team oozing with tallent already. Everything is just so out of ballance i think om becoming a fan of a draft system!
A day on the green, playing 18 helps everything..

I have gone from watching every game I could to glancing at the odd score update when the Broncos play. Not much more of the crap that keeps going down and I'll turn off completely. This is getting beyond a joke how certain teams get favourable treatment and others get punished constantly.

Active Now

• Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.