Broncos Youth Players and Young Guns coming through.

Jamal is a phenomenal footballer, he played CC for the Blackhawks and the Townsville coach told me in pre-season watch him as much as you can.

Round 1 v Cutters- two tries, top tackler with 30 and 144m- that’s different for a lock.

Anyway might be fluke.

Round 2 v Pride- Two tries 202m

I watched all his CC games and he had five tries from four games at lock. It’s a shame the CC didn’t have finals or anymore football.
But can he catch?

I hope we develop him just a bit more in the ISC.

Mam to continue developing in the ISC, with Kelly to partner Reynolds in 2022 ... give Mam first shot in 2023
Yeah I actually think that going forward the club should have a policy regarding minimum number of ISC games before debut. Of course there can be exceptions under certain circumstances but young kids at the broncos should have the expectation of playing 20+ cup games before even being considered making their way into the first grade team.

Yeah I actually think that going forward the club should have a policy regarding minimum number of ISC games before debut. Of course there can be exceptions under certain circumstances but young kids at the broncos should have the expectation of playing 20+ cup games before even being considered making their way into the first grade team.
The lack of QLD cup the last year and a half has hurt no club more then us I believe. Truly devastating for a young (player age wise) club out of form

I understand that we want to refrain from using youngsters to early, but maybe Mam is good enough already. Considering we don’t have a locked down half to partner Reynolds, he may be the way to go. He is on fire in cup at the moment

I understand that we want to refrain from using youngsters to early, but maybe Mam is good enough already. Considering we don’t have a locked down half to partner Reynolds, he may be the way to go. He is on fire in cup at the moment

If he keeps his upward trajectory, he's a chance for sure. Him and Reynolds would compliment each other beautifully.

He was doing a lot of talking and his defence was great too. Josh James player alright too, good boot on him.

He was doing a lot of talking and his defence was great too. Josh James player alright too, good boot on him.
James seemed to struggle with his defensive reads particularly second-man sweeping plays, but played his role well in his debut.

Mam's running, support play and instincts to put himself where the ball is going are great. I hope in the pre-season he works on his ball playing as it will really make him an all round attacking threat. I think he could definitely play in a stlye similar to cody walker.

He's got good playmaking skills, but if he gets better then cool. He's great though, hope he gets a run this year.

What is Mam & Mozer’s contract status?
Fully the expecting the Titans to offer each of them 500k sight unseen.

The League Queensland Magazine had a really good rundown of the Confraternity Shield which is the big Schoolboy competition that involves 48 different high schools across Queensland.

Unfortunately the carnival was cancelled mid-way through due to lockdowns but I thought some of the names the article brought up were worth sharing.

Just to be upfront, it appears a lot of these opinions were coming from the coach's and they didn't all respond so school's like Marymount (Coates' alma mater) didn't respond despite doing well at the carnival.

Ignatius Park, Townsville
Damon Marshall (Front Row - Cowboys) Tom Duffy (Halfback - Cowboys) Luke Jack (Lock - Cowboys) Sean Bourke (Second Row - Cowboys) Cathane Hill (Fullback - Cowboys) Reece Foley (Five Eighth - Cowboys) Jamal Shibasaki (Lock - Broncos)

Cathedral College, Rockhampton
Tyler Conroy (Lock - Raiders) Jai Hansen (Hooker - Cowboys) Nathan Kleidon (Front Row - NRL Affiliated) Tom Powell (Front Row - Raiders) Elekana Suavai (Centre - Raiders)

Marist Brothers, Ashgrove
Hayden Lammon (Second Row) Dwayne Ludwick (Fullback) Ky Rashleigh (Hooker) Jack Condon (Lock) Pat Tierney (Five Eighth) Will Andreas (Second Row) Josh Billing (Front Row - Raiders)

Rockhampton Grammar School
Jaiden Green (Lock) Carter Wright (Fullback)

St Mary's Toowoomba
Xavier Va'a (Front Row - Broncos) De La Salle Va'a (Front Row) Preston Brown (Fullback) Zac Brown Dominic Wittingham (Hooker) Declan Ryan (Halfback) Riley Wackner (Five Eighth)

St. Brendan's Yeppoon
Matthew Hill (Fullback - Broncos) Tane Kiriona (Front Row) Noah Corcoran (Lock) Owen Pattie (Halfback) William Lasker (Hooker) (aka Hectic Cheese)
Coach: Scott Minto

Padua College, Kedron
Declan McGrath (Lock/Hooker) Ryan Trimble (Halfback) Mitch Rogers (Hooker) Dan Healy (Front Row) Will McCullock (Fullback) Mitchell Ross (Backrow) Will Quinn(Utility)

St Patrick's Mackay
Liam Doherty (Second Row - Cowboys), Kai Simon (Cowboys), Tyler Toby (Halfback), Henry Thorpe (Lock), Cody Nielsen (Hooker), Ethan Cocco (Front Row), Elliott McLeod (Front Row)

St. Patrick's Shorncliffe
Jack Booker (Front Row), Kioa Palavi, Harri Baker, Luke Ryan, Timothy Ryan, Lachlan Condon (Fullback), Jackson Dows (Hooker)

Iona College, Wynnum
Jeremy Trappett (Fullback - Newcastle), Parata Leota (Second Row), Kyetonn Boach (Centre)

St Augustines, Cairns
Ted Leeson (Halfback), Ben Chuddily (Front Row)

Shalom College, Bundaberg
Zander Kerr (Five Eighth), Patrick Curtis (Hooker), Ratu Naco (Centre)

St Peter's College, Ipswich
Lachlan Stuart (Halfback)

Emmaus College, Rockhampton
Isaiah Dale (Fullback), Solomone Lopeti (Second Row), Riley Thornley (Centre)

Clairvaux McKillop, Mt. Gravatt
Dylan Gibb (Second Row), Jesse White (Fullback), Daniel O'Shaughnessy (Five Eighth)

St. Laurence's College, South Brisbane
Ryan Jackson (Front Row - Raiders), Mikael Ibrahim (Second Row), Harry Holt (Lock), Brody McLaren, Oscar Hawes

St Augustine's, Augustine Heights
Tyler Hocking (Lock), Noah Kolio (Fullback), Josh McClelland (Halfback), Harrison Tafilipepe (Front Row), Edward Timu

Unitiy College, Caloundra
Aidan McKittrick (Fullback), Finn Lawson (Five Eighth), James Mariott (Halfback), Zane Greenhalgh (Hooker), Jack O'Learghy (Lock)

St Anthony's, Deeragun
Quinn Tremble (Halfback), Daniel Perks (Front Row), Matthew Clarke (Hooker)
Ha. Padua get a go. That's my old school. Probably all soft.

Highlights with Mam. His first and 3rd try are just great support play which we need. His second try is individual brilliance, runs over the fullback too. Get some preseasons in and a bit more muscle and we could have our new 6.

Jotham Russell who is contracted to the Broncos played for the Currumbin U20 side on the weekend and scored against Burleigh. He is still U18 eligible this season.

Does Ezra Mam remind anyone else of a young Milford😅. I actually think the kid is a fullback playing 5/8. Haven’t seen any cut out balls or try assists that require much vision yet

Does Ezra Mam remind anyone else of a young Milford😅. I actually think the kid is a fullback playing 5/8. Haven’t seen any cut out balls or try assists that require much vision yet
I agree. Obviously I haven't seen the full match so I can't comment on his overall play, but his tries weren't too impressive. First try was good support play, second was a try I don't think he would score in the NRL (small guy running over a fullback) and the third was a lucky break off a deflection. I was hoping to see someone stepping people deluxe or showing incredible pace but was left a bit underwhelmed.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • Rookie Alan
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Adammacca
  • IceWorks
  • bb_gun
  • pennywisealfie
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.