Bulldogs vs Souths

Anyone else notice the larger police presence at games where the Bulldogs are involved?
I haven't noticed it. Any figures?

Last edited:
Anyone else notice the larger police presence at games where the Bulldogs are involved?

Yes, Bulldogs fans have a history of violence and out of control behaviour. It's right for to police / crowd security to number up against them at matches and on public transport.

Yes, Bulldogs fans have a history of violence and out of control behaviour. It's right for to police / crowd security to number up against them at matches and on public transport.
Out of the half million Bulldogs fans that attend games per year, how many are involved in violence/out of control behaviour?

You do know the Bulldogs have historically year after year had crowd attendance in the top 2-3, the only club that comes close to our own attendance and have one of the biggest sporting fan bases in Australia, right?

How many of the other Sydney clubs get good crowds. Off memory, Roosters, Cronulla, Penrith, Tigers, Parra, St George and Manly don't get close to even 15,000 a game, most have pathetic crowds barely hitting 10k. Bulldogs regularly are in the 20's to 40's for bigger games.

Wouldn't it be normal to have higher police figures?

So confirmation bias. I know you've never missed a chance to bag Bulldogs fans, so it would make sense.

Just as someone who goes to almost every Broncos home game. Broncos vs Cowboys, 5 police officers roaming the back areas. Broncos vs every other team, 5 police officers roaming the back areas. Broncos vs Bulldogs, 5 police officers carrying a Bulldogs fan out as he tries to fight someone, and 50 others in every area of Suncorp Stadium.

My bias is also based on being threatened by Bulldogs fans at the footy. Something no other clubs fans have done yet. And the "nice" fans on twitter who constantly threaten people and berate others with ridiculous insults for saying Reynolds is a grub or that was a penalty. I bag every clubs fans and they're the only ones who react with threats and unnecessary insults.

Wouldn't it be normal to have higher police figures?

In the Bulldogs case yes. With the large numbers of violent and extremist fans attending games as the Bulldogs have...it does make sense.

Just as someone who goes to almost every Broncos home game. Broncos vs Cowboys, 5 police officers roaming the back areas. Broncos vs every other team, 5 police officers roaming the back areas. Broncos vs Bulldogs, 5 police officers carrying a Bulldogs fan out as he tries to fight someone, and 50 others in every area of Suncorp Stadium.

My bias is also based on being threatened by Bulldogs fans at the footy. Something no other clubs fans have done yet. And the "nice" fans on twitter who constantly threaten people and berate others with ridiculous insults for saying Reynolds is a grub or that was a penalty. I bag every clubs fans and they're the only ones who react with threats and unnecessary insults.

I've been to a couple of Bulldogs games and have never seen a Bulldogs fan being evicted or them doing what the media say they do. They were very vocal and passionate but not rowdy or violent but this is my own experience.

Bit like Collingwood, I'm a Magpie myself and have been to a few games and have never witnessed any violent or abusive behaviour.

They got carried away at last years GF. A couple of them took on a father with a child and then the police as they stepped in. Took about 8 cops to get them cuffed and on their way to the van.

Every Bulldogs game I've been to, there are fans being arrested.

Several of them were dragged out of Suncorp last year because they weren't behaving. They were fine until Barba scored and gave it to them, that really pissed them off. They got worse as the night went on.

I completely missed a couple of tries in the second half because I was too focused on watching them being dragged out by a large group of police officers..

I've seen the same thing from fans of other teams, but not as much as the Bulldogs.

From what I've seen the Bulldogs fans that do start shit are fans that sit with the Bulldogs Army or whatever they call themselves.

There was a fight in the Dragons supporter bay during the 2009 Semi. A Broncos fan went down there and was rubbing in the fact that Broncos have won and they were out of the finals. They didn't like that.

Last edited:

And that's just your opinion. I've been to a few Bulldogs games, wearing opposite team colours and I saw nothing bad, [MENTION=7803]Broncoman[/MENTION] seems to agree as well.

I went to a Souths game and I had 2-3 people who hurled abused at me amd my group for no reason. Didn't a Souths fan knock out someone from the opposite team after one of the finals last year? They've even got Korisau, Inglis, and Cody Walker in their team...

I'll happily bag the club, because I hate them, but I won't go claiming their fans are full of scum bags and make out the problem to be much bigger than it really is, like saying other clubs need 5 police officers and Bulldogs fans need 100's. Actually, in that same game where a few Souths fans were getting abusive outside, the guy infront of us who was also a Rabbitohs fan congratulated me on the win (I was cheering the other team just to piss off the Rabbitohs fans). I've went to a few Sydney games, and the police numbers seemed proportionate to the crowd level.

Suncorp is not comparable really, for starters it's a different state and Broncos games are not too different from watching a movie, lots of silence with a bit of cheering and booing in between. You can barely get a swear word out without most people thinking your the devil itself. But hey, here's some rally towels, show your passion!

In the Bulldogs case yes. With the large numbers of violent and extremist fans attending games as the Bulldogs have...it does make sense.
With scary words like that, you'd think you were going into a war as soon as you walk into ANZ. I'm surprised we don't have a bashing on the news after every Bulldogs game.

Until you have some figures, any at all, your opinion doesn't mean much. It's easy to say they've got "way" more police, when it can't be proven or denied, but your opinion is worth as much as mine, and I didn't notice any worthwhile difference, of course I wasn't looking for negatives, so maybe that explains it.

Just because you don't have stats or figures doesn't mean it isn't true. It is true that their fans are far worse than any other in the NRL. A simple Google search proves that. No other teams fans do what theirs do. I'm not saying they're all like that and if you read what I've said you'll notice I was simply pointing out that it is not just the "1 or 2 fans" every Bulldog fans seem to think is the case.

And that's fair, they're arguably the worst, and the club needs to be stricter, I just don't agree with grouping a bunch of them. The few that I know are awesome blokes who don't know what aggressive means, but I won't argue that they've got probably the most dickheads after seeing their forum, then again... A certain other forum that's kind of green seem to have their fair share as well.

I do want to see the NRL punish the Bulldogs hard. Ultimately they're a business, they'll only understand with financial punishments or docking points. That'll force them to get serious about handing out life bans to every dickhead that causes trouble and that can only be a good thing because if there's enough people that feel the way you do, then kicking the idiots out will help increase the crowd figures.

Last edited:
Just between you and me, I threw my plastic cup at the field at SOO 3 2009 when Poore picked up a prone Steve Price. Remember and Waterhouse was sin binned. Mine was empty lol, BUT, there were thousands of us throwing crap on the field.

----

i havent ent read this thread in entirety but if Graham and klemmer & the Morris twins don't lose their shit, the crowd don't fire up the way they did.

adamkick.gif

I think this gif shows how far into the kick Adam was before Graham was committed. So that rule 15 has to be the bottom one of the 2. As the ball has well and truly left Adam's hands.

The more I see this, the more I realize that is the moment that has ended Souffs back to back dreams.

Last edited:
Yeah it is going to be a huge negative. Keary and whoever they partner him with, will come in and try their best at leading the team around. Our kicking game is going to need a bit of an overhaul. Defensively it weakens his side of the field because he was one of the best defensive halves in the game.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Swordfish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • Kev_Guz
  • broncsgoat
  • johnny plath
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • Clintos
  • Midean
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.