Bulls 2014/2015

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Two things the Heat do need to look at- not paying Johnson and Watson not to play. That's a large part of your cap never playing a game. I guess the same could be said for Burns but that wasn't as obvious.

And the amount of Bulls or Queenslanders at other teams; Dunk, Boyce, Rimmington, Khawaja, Laughlin, Haurtiz, Hartley, Nesser and Feldman.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Two things the Heat do need to look at- not paying Johnson and Watson not to play. That's a large part of your cap never playing a game. I guess the same could be said for Burns but that wasn't as obvious.

And the amount of Bulls or Queenslanders at other teams; Dunk, Boyce, Rimmington, Khawaja, Laughlin, Haurtiz, Hartley, Nesser and Feldman.

It'll be tough to get many of those blokes back. TBH not many of them fit our needs that well anyway. To start with we need to nail our International signings.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Yeah, time to cut Johnson, I wouldn't be so quick to let go of Watson. He isn't guaranteed to be playing all formats next summer for Australia. But, yes, you're right they are two players that are taking up a fair bit of the cap, so time to look at new players.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
There was an article this morning about how we tried to sign Dunk but couldn't afford him.

Definitely in favour of dropping Watson and agree we need better internationals.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
There was an article this morning about how we tried to sign Dunk but couldn't afford him.

Definitely in favour of dropping Watson and agree we need better internationals.

If Watson gets dropped from the test team we should re-sign him for sure. He is a brilliant short form cricketer.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
If Watson gets dropped from the test team we should re-sign him for sure. He is a brilliant short form cricketer.

He is, but I could see him not playing so he can rest his body for the ODI games in the summer and get his test position back.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009

I agree regarding our 2nd international, we haven't really found 2 that have been successful, although we were unlucky with Bandree's injury as he is the #1 ranked bowler in 20/20. However, it could be argued that Vettori has been the most successful import in the BBL.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I am pretty happy with how Jimmy Pierson has played this year. I wouldn't be throwing big money at Dunk. We really need strike bowlers and middle order batsmen. I am not even sure what to do with Cutting now. If he isn't in the team as a bowler his value plummets.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I'd like to see Cutting open. For me Forrest is a bit of a waste in the powerplay overs because he doesn't go very big. He's better suited coming in when he can punch singles I feel because he also needs to bat himself in and doing it in the power play leads to dots.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Truly dreadful innings from Forrest. Singles are fine with Lynn on strike but all he does is look to work it and he monopolises the strike with 2s in the middle of the over and singles off the last.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Lynn should be at 3 every game next year.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
January 28, 2015

Queensland Cricket has appointed former West Coast Eagles premiership player and WACA talent manager Brett Jones as its General Manager of High Performance and Operations. Jones, 32, will link with QC next month to fill the role left vacant by the resignation of former Queensland Bulls coach Terry Oliver last year. Jones played 102 AFL games for West Coast, including their 2006 premiership, after opting to choose a football career over a cricket pathway as a teenager. A left-handed batsman and right-arm off-spin bowler, he captained WA at Under-19 level in cricket, played 2nd XI cricket for WA and was a Western Warriors squad member in 2003-04 before being taken in the December 2003 AFL rookie draft by West Coast, ending his cricket playing career. He retired from football in 2011 and was appointed WACA Talent Manager in 2013 where he has worked alongside the Warriors, Western Fury and the Perth Scorchers, which contest the Final of the KFC T20 Big Bash League tonight. Jones maintained cricket ties through the University of Western Australia club where he served as a volunteer administrator, including an eight year stint as vice-president of the club. He also coached UWA in 2012-13. He has an MBA from University of Western Australia and away from sport, has a finance and auditing background. Queensland Cricket Chief Executive Officer Geoff Cockerill said Jones would be a welcome addition to the QC high performance team. “Brett comes from a diverse background that will benefit Queensland Cricket as we continue to make cricket a sport for all Queenslanders and Australia’s favourite sport,’’ he said. “We look forward to him shaping the strong existing culture that exists within our elite high performance teams, coaches and operations and are excited by the energy and vision he brings to our organisation.” Jones will relocate to Brisbane shortly and commence duties next month.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Stuart Law has resigned apparently. More to come in this story I'd imagine.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Queensland Cricket is reviewing its elite coaching structure for 2015-16 and beyond following the resignation today of my FootDr Queensland Bulls and Brisbane Heat coach Stuart Law.
Law informed Chairman Jim Holding and CEO Geoff Cockerill today that he would relinquish the positions he had held since August 2013 despite having a year to run on his contract.
The Queensland Cricket Board met last night to review the on-field performances of the Brisbane Heat after they finished last in this season’s KFCT20 Big Bash League.
Law met this afternoon to discuss the Board findings and subsequently offered to step down as head coach.
Queensland Cricket Chairman Jim Holding said Law’s decision would prompt a thorough review of its coaching structure.
“We are moving on with a comprehensive evaluation of our elite coaching set-up and resources and will take the necessary steps to put in place a structure that will be best placed to deliver success for our key strategic targets,’’ Holding said.
“We thank Stuart for his commitment to the Bulls and the Heat and wish him the best in his next endeavours. He will always fill a proud role in the eyes of cricket fans from his playing performances with the Bulls and Australia and this decision will not alter his standing in Queensland’s history.”
Law, 46, was captain of the 1994-95 Shield victory that ended Queensland’s 68 year championship drought, and followed that with another Shield title in 1996-97 as well as Pura Cup trophies in 1999-2000, 2000-2001 and 2001-02. He was also captain of two domestic one-day championship teams for the Bulls.
He coached Queensland to last season’s Ryobi Cup one-day title.
“After consultation with the Board, and much agonising, I have reached a decision to stand down from the position as head coach. That is not a decision that I have taken lightly but one that will hopefully produce the desired results for Queensland in the future,” Law said.
“I wish the players, the support staff and Queensland Cricket all the best for the rest of the season. I am a passionate, diehard Queenslander who hates losing and that will never change. And to the fans, thanks for your support and passion for what we do.”
Law said he would now take time to assess his options and asked for privacy in the immediate future as he contemplates his next challenge.
Bulls and Heat assistant coach Justin Sternes will take over as interim coach for the remainder of Queensland’s season.
The Bulls currently sit in sixth spot on the Bupa Sheffield Shield ladder with five games to play, and will resume their first class season next Saturday against Victoria at the Gabba.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Shame about Law, great player but an ordinary coach.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If the rumours are true the players wanted Law gone plus he was copping heat from Management. Last in the BBL and last on the Shield table isn't up to scratch IMO. I don't know if Law was a good coach but I don't think the team was in a happy place under him.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • Astro
  • broncoscope
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.