"Buzz" Rothfield - The Ultimate Anti-Queensland Cynic?

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Will Adam Scott become the world's No.1 golfer? Buzz reveals his 2014 predictions | News.com.au

I couldn't stand bloody Phil Rothfield before this article, but now I am convinced that he is the ultimate cynic in the rugby league world.

His anti-Broncos and anti-Queensland nonsense has never been made more apparent than though these two quotes:

6 The Brisbane Broncos to sign two new superstars on 'compassionate' grounds.

36 Mal Meninga and all Queenslanders to blame their series loss on some NSW conspiracy theory.

What's his problem? Does he seriously think that Ben Barba's and Anthony Milford's football contracts are far more important than their family lives?

With regard to State of Origin, here's a message for you "Buzz": If you cockroaches dropped this "Queensland don't deserve their success" crap and actually focused on playing some good football, maybe you'd actually improve your chances of winning a series, because whingeing about the opposition will do you no favours.

Does anyone else think this guy should be locked in solitary confinement with a fake microphone so no one can hear his mindless dribble?

By far the most blatantly biased journo of them all, I don't know how he keeps his job. Low-rent journalist who'd happily sell his mother for a few more website hits. It's people like him that embody everything that's wrong with modern journalism.

Hahaha that bloke is an absolute goose just dribbling crap to get a reaction I can't believe anyone takes anything he writes/says seriously. I wonder if he actually likes Rugby League? every time I see an article from him it's one that is bagging the game out.

Last edited:
I never read his articles anyway as he's always proven to be very sketchy with the truth.

The guy's a douche IMO.

I can't stand him, I honestly wouldn't puss on him to stop a fire... If piss next to him so he knew what he was missing out on, but anyway...

He's a fucking joke and although the telegraph is complete tripe what bugs me is he is the sports 'editor at large' of whatever. So if he is the best the have, what the **** is wrong with the rest of them?

What exactly is an "editor at large"? :stupid:

Regardless of his title, Bman said it all really, he writes as a supporter/columnist (and badly at that) to provoke reactions and hits on the Telegraph website sports pages. There's absolutely no journalism in anything he does, or even any decent research, just manipulation of juicy rumours which suit his agenda.

Taking him seriously is akin to calling the scribing on a toilet booth walls... art!

Taking him seriously is akin to calling the scribing on a toilet booth walls... art!

Wait! So Jenny won't give me oral pleasure if I call her ASAP? Well there goes my weekend :(

As much as you guys dislike Don he did take Buzz to court and got a retraction printed, was nice to see him eat humble pie(though in hindsight he was probably right)

As much as you guys dislike Don he did take Buzz to court and got a retraction printed, was nice to see him eat humble pie(though in hindsight he was probably right)
LOL, link? I want to read this. I fucking hate Rothfield, more than Don.

Just found it, my mistake doesn't actually mention Buzz, general retraction from the telegraph but it was regarding his article and I remember the court threat and being settled out of court, he started being nicer to the Raiders after that episode (for a few months anyway)

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

lol going through GH to find more and came across almost an identical thread as this about his bias against the Raiders:rofl:

Last edited:
Just found it, my mistake doesn't actually mention Buzz, general retraction from the telegraph but it was regarding his article and I remember the court threat and being settled out of court, he started being nicer to the Raiders after that episode (for a few months anyway)

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au
Haha, that's hilarious. Editor at large forced to apologise. He was right in hindsight but always love when Rothfield gets owned.

Found this in his blog, only other thing I could find.

hey buzz
wats the go with dugan resigning all of a sudden?
this is great news for us,is there any chance of a new coach?/players coming next year?it would be great if the board would realise that don furner is destroying the club and need another ceo,that might draw some quality players there

raider13 of wauchope (Reply)
Mon 12 Jul 10 (11:19am)

I’m shocked he’s agreed to stay for another 12 months. I can’t comment on Furner because he is taking legal action against me at the moment.

Phil Rothfield
Mon 12 Jul 10 (12:16pm)

Powderpuff Sea Eagles lack punch | Daily Telegraph Buzzwords Blog

Buzz is anti anything outside Sydney so you guys aren't alone on this one.

Last edited:
Not only is he anti anything that isn't Sydney he shows ridiculous club bias towards his Sharks. He was pretty much leading the 'Dump Todd Carney from the game' mob back in 2011 when Carney was at the Roosters but since Carney signed with Cronulla he has been singing his praises bragging about how Todd has been rehabilitated and is a changed man.

The irony he shows is laughable.

Not only is he anti anything that isn't Sydney he shows ridiculous club bias towards his Sharks. He was pretty much leading the 'Dump Todd Carney from the game' mob back in 2011 when Carney was at the Roosters but since Carney signed with Cronulla he has been singing his praises bragging about how Todd has been rehabilitated and is a changed man.

The irony he shows is laughable.

Yeah this.

unnecessary to bump this up but I've been on some of Buzz's blogs before where he makes himself out to be a genius on everything. I've posted in there a few times and he deletes any post that proves him wrong or gets the better of him. Just shows he is a know it all and only accepts things to suit his agenda.

unnecessary to bump this up but I've been on some of Buzz's blogs before where he makes himself out to be a genius on everything. I've posted in there a few times and he deletes any post that proves him wrong or gets the better of him. Just shows he is a know it all and only accepts things to suit his agenda.

People only agree with him on Twitter so they'll get re-tweeted.

Just saw this posted on Facebook. Some interesting comments there from rothfield. Apparently big big marn is too fat to commentate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 96

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • Lazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.