Can Queensland continue its dominance 5 years in a row?

Twiztid said:
I thought Creagh touched the footy when he gets to the ground, hits his leg and then fingers. The grounding looked questionable, but the grounding with your chest rule might have been applied.

The grounding is what I have the problem with. He had no control. That's fine if you dive on it in goal, but he was in the field of play! If you can simply land on a ball and roll over the line without control, that's utter crap.

And 99 times out of 100 that touch by Waterhouse would be ruled a knock on.

I like the fact they got so close even though they didn't deserve to because we were a far better side. The NSW selectors may well think 4 points margin isn't enough to make the wholesale changes they require.

Also ROFL at the Tahu rushing in mistake for Boyd's try and the Idris rushing in mistake for one of our late tries, how the NSW selectors didn't see this coming is beyond me they were both crap selections. Tahu is a brilliant Origin winger not a centre.

The Rock said:
I thought it was benefit of the doubt. There is no way you could have rued it "no try". So therefore by the rules it was fair.
I'm 100% certain he touched that ball (twice, as well as with a dubious grounding, but I'm prepared to go benefit of the doubt if the grounding was the only thing in question), and Gould and Sterlo thought the same. That side on replay was telling.

And I'm with Coxy, 99/100 that Watmough try is ruled a knock on. I think Billy was confused because the ball bounced behind Waterhouse, but he was forgetting that Waterhouse's motion was going forward so he was of course going to end up in front of where the ball hit the deck. I guess you can call me dumb then.

The Brizz said:
I like the fact they got so close even though they didn't deserve to because we were a far better side. The NSW selectors may well think 4 points margin isn't enough to make the wholesale changes they require.

Also ROFL at the Tahu rushing in mistake for Boyd's try and the Idris rushing in mistake for one of our late tries, how the NSW selectors didn't see this coming is beyond me they were both crap selections. Tahu is a brilliant Origin winger not a centre.

tahu's mistake was way worse than idris' there were like 3 people already on thurston then tahu decides to come up and finish the tackle off

Emma said:
The Rock said:
I thought it was benefit of the doubt. There is no way you could have rued it "no try". So therefore by the rules it was fair.
I'm 100% certain he touched that ball (twice, as well as with a dubious grounding, but I'm prepared to go benefit of the doubt if the grounding was the only thing in question), and Gould and Sterlo thought the same. That side on replay was telling.

And I'm with Coxy, 99/100 that Watmough try is ruled a knock on. I think Billy was confused because the ball bounced behind Waterhouse, but he was forgetting that Waterhouse's motion was going forward so he was of course going to end up in front of where the ball hit the deck. I guess you can call me dumb then.

The worst thing about the Creagh try is I think that was the one where the ball bounced off Kimmorley's foot and Ennis, who was in front of him, dived to get the ball, preventing Lockyer regathering it. Ennis was offside and got involved, even if he didn't touch it.

Should've been a penalty to Queensland right there.

Plus the mistake from Archer to penalise Harrison for being offside after Slater didn't touch the bomb...Hayne was there signalling play on and even could be heard saying "I didn't think Slater touched it"...and replay was clear.

NSW got their fair share of refereeing calls so they can't use that as an excuse. At all.

My interpretation of knock-ons (and how I apply it when I'm reffing), if the ball doesn't go backward it's a knock-on, you can't say that Waterhouse's touch went backwards, at best it went straight down in line with where he touched it, therefore, knock-on.

I like Coxy have a problem with Creagh's try with the grounding: He gathered it in the field of play with his hands, and as he was sliding over the line he lost control and because he was close to the ground his torso was able to keep it in contact with the ground. If that happened in general play with a player trying to pick up a loose ball it would be ruled knock-on.

Ghibli said:
My interpretation of knock-ons (and how I apply it when I'm reffing), if the ball doesn't go backward it's a knock-on, you can't say that Waterhouse's touch went backwards, at best it went straight down in line with where he touched it, therefore, knock-on.

I like Coxy have a problem with Creagh's try with the grounding: He gathered it in the field of play with his hands, and as he was sliding over the line he lost control and because he was close to the ground his torso was able to keep it in contact with the ground. If that happened in general play with a player trying to pick up a loose ball it would be ruled knock-on.

Agree on both points. Wholeheartedly.

there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt that Creagh knocked-on when he was going for it near Slater. firstly, the ball completely changes direction when his hand touches it. secondly, the fingers on his hand that touch the ball bend backwards when the ball hits them! it is honestly the single worst video referee decision ive ever seen. there is no way it was a try, and it was clearly a knock on.

have a look at it: he clearly knocks it on after it bouces up off his foot.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=427664209771

i dunno if you can see that if youre not my friend on facebook? if not, try this one:

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc58 ... nockon.flv

that takes its time, but it does work.

Queensland is that dominant at the moment that I can't see NSW ever winning a series again, ever.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Anonymous person said:
there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt that Creagh knocked-on when he was going for it near Slater. firstly, the ball completely changes direction when his hand touches it. secondly, the fingers on his hand that touch the ball bend backwards when the ball hits them! it is honestly the single worst video referee decision ive ever seen. there is no way it was a try, and it was clearly a knock on.

have a look at it: he clearly knocks it on after it bouces up off his foot.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=427664209771

i dunno if you can see that if youre not my friend on facebook? if not, try this one:

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc58 ... nockon.flv

that takes its time, but it does work.

If that isn't a knock on then Johns is better then Locky.

Beachy said:
The Rock said:
And anyone doubting Watmough's try is plain dumb.

Side on replay showed the ball clearly going forward. Don't care really though.

Don't care much either, but I thought exactly the same thing. Why didn't the video ref take a look at the side on replay???

Jeba said:
Beachy said:
The Rock said:

Don't care much either, but I thought exactly the same thing. Why didn't the video ref take a look at the side on replay???

I was left bemused at the match.

They just kept looking at those two crappy angles, then after the try was awarded, they decided to show the side on angle.

I cannot understand why they didn't use that angle? Doesn't make any sense to me.

ningnangnong said:
Jeba said:
Beachy said:
The Rock said:

I was left bemused at the match.

They just kept looking at those two crappy angles, then after the try was awarded, they decided to show the side on angle.

I cannot understand why they didn't use that angle? Doesn't make any sense to me.

I'll tell you why.. Because they are cheats and they do it every year without fail. NSW are disgraceful and Bill Harrigan is a genuine cheat he should be sacked.

You know I was at work, talking to a collegue who happens to be Blues supporter, fine, she comes from NSW, and I asked her whether she thought NSW got the rub of the green with the refs, and she said no - I asked about the creagh try, she said it was fair, the penalty goal, fair and then mentioned how we got all the luck 'cause Petero dropped the ball - I mentioned that you could see Ennis' knee knocking the ball out, she disagreed.

I find this really difficult, probably because I'm so cockeyed myself, be seriously, the penalty goal was clearly an error and to dispute it was just so frustrating, open your damn eyes and own up to getting the luck.

Does anyone remember who got the Dally M points for the origin?

Kraven27 said:
Does anyone remember who got the Dally M points for the origin?

I didn't think there were dally M points for rep footy? I thought it was only for club games?

QLD won't win the series. Civo is out. He's a massive loss to our team. Just ask Rock.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Dony Eliakim
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Broncorob
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tmac
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.