NEWS "Can't happen": Gallen stunned by Lodge talk

Leadership group, right here

If you want a grub team, hot tempered mentality and becomes something like the sharks then sure. If we ever want to be Broncos, Melbourne or Roosters again then we need to look for someone else.
I can't recall any real grub acts mate. Its footy not day care.

Gallen is probably thinking what right does Lodge have to be a captain, come back and talk to me when you have ripped a defenceless persons stitches out and taken part in systematic drug cheating.

If Gallen doesn't think so, then **** it, make Lodge captain.

Deadset who gives a **** what the media dipshits think. I'll tell you one thing, Melbourne wouldn't choose captain by media.

Haha what a fucking joke. The guy was twenty and acted a fool. Done his time and has done what the court ordered. He has every damn right to be captain. So sick of the media blowing every damn thing up.

Bashing his missus is acting a fool?? Yeah nah Australia doesn't have a domestic violence problem....nothing to see here.

I think giving the captaincy to Lodge would be detrimental to him.
The scrutiny would be something, I'm not sure anyone in the NRL would be able to deal with. That could then well bring his game down and then effect the playing group and club as a whole.
He is our leader, no doubts there, I'm just not sure it would be fair on him to have the C next to his name.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure who our other options are - we are a bit skinny on leaders.

Haha what a fucking joke. The guy was twenty and acted a fool. Done his time and has done what the court ordered. He has every damn right to be captain. So sick of the media blowing every damn thing up.
100%. They can't even get basic facts right if it doesn't suit their agenda. It might only be a little bit here and there but do it often enough and it skews the story. Like in the quote below.
Lodge avoided a custodial sentence because he plead guilty and the judge didn't find a gaol term necessary or appropriate. The damages came from a civil suit which happened after, when he was no longer in America and couldn't afford legal representation. The plaintiffs claimed he was a professional footballer which in Seppolia means big dollars, and weren't challenged on this, so there was a monster payout ordered. But the article reads like he got off scot free by agreeing to pay blood money.
Lodge was ordered to pay more than $1.6 million in damages in the 2015 case, after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanour reckless assault charge. He avoided a 12-month jail term in the US with a plea deal to compensate the victims.

I agree it may not be healthy for Matt to have his past dragged up again, but if he can handle the initial negativity and prove people wrong then I don't see it as a problem.

The only choice is Gillett.

Apparently it's not, I read somewhere recently (NRL.COM?) that the club thinks it's not his skill set

Could be bollocks though, there were no quotes

Apparently it's not, I read somewhere recently (NRL.COM?) that the club thinks it's not his skill set

Could be bollocks though, there were no quotes

I love the guy, and would love him to be captain ... but I think that perception is unfortunately accurate, as far as being the ‘public face and voice’ of the team. There’s a bit of Oatesy about him

Also I don’t think he’s the guy to be laying down the law in the huddle during a game

Bashing his missus is acting a fool?? Yeah nah Australia doesn't have a domestic violence problem....nothing to see here.

You must have forgot the part where his mrs came out and said he never touched her.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • davidp
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lurker
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncs30
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Strop
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.