NEWS "Can't happen": Gallen stunned by Lodge talk

What sort of shitty response is that? Are you going to back your claims or just leave the claims that he's a wife basher there for all to see?

Sorry mate just got a bit busy at work honestly and didn't have the time to investigate it. I would have looked at it later 👍 cheer up

Who's VC if they give Lodge the C?

The club is in a complete shit state but I don't think it'll ever sink low enough to hand Lodge the captaincy. But there isn't exactly a plethora of candidates banging the door down:

Alex Glenn- Has played his last game as a Bronco and is barely first grade standard.

Matt Gillette- Would do a good job but his body his broken, be lucky to see out the season.

Tony Milford- Only a shadow of his former self. He could do with a change of scenery.

Andy Mack- Past his use by date and on the outer at the club.

Jimmy Seggy- Would almost be as stupid as appointing Lodgy.

Rhys Kennedy- Why not? He might thrive in the role.

What a fucking disaster.

I liked for the names.

Sorry mate just got a bit busy at work honestly and didn't have the time to investigate it. I would have looked at it later 👍 cheer up

You got time to come on here and make posts about Lodge's past but not enough time to do a quick google search?

Rubbish.

I can't recall any real grub acts mate. Its footy not day care.
Some late tackle stuff I think in round 1 and some hot headed fighting but nothing I would say is grubby. Moose on the other hand...

You must have forgot the part where his mrs came out and said he never touched her.

Do you have a link @Super Freak I haven't been able to find it.

I did find an article where the ladies Granny claims to have witnessed Lodge assaulting her grand daughter. Apparently her testimony was not needed because Lodge pleaded guilty to the assault. These are certainly some bizzare claims if untrue.

The only choice is Gillett.
I'd move Gillett on with Boyd, Macca and Bird. With the exception of Bird if we cant move them on they play Qld Cup. We need to bring in a Captain to both to set a new standard and because our previous leadership group did not get the job done. If we get Sezer then that's who I would pick.

You got time to come on here and make posts about Lodge's past but not enough time to do a quick google search?

Rubbish.

Haha it wasn't rubbish actually. I had a delivery rock up.
[automerge]1569304672[/automerge]
This needs to be deleted, by you or by moderators. Posts like this are grounds for litigation.

Incredibly stupid thing to suggest when you have zero evidence.

Please don't sue me buddy 🙏😂😂

Last edited:

nrSCAJo9K8cidV0NhKaxhcffyrQ=.gif

Fwiw I looked and I couldn’t find a retraction

Can we all move on now... I think we can all agree that we have to be careful about what we infer from media reports. Lets not defame anyone, Lodge or the other parties, by doing so.

As someone who did not want us to ever sign Lodge I have to eat humble pie and admit that Lodge has done everything asked of him and become a football leader. That is one thing that does not need to be inferred.

Yeah to be fair I've never seen a retraction about his dv claims either, and I've tried to pay a fair bit of attention to anything about Lodge with all the misreporting and bullshit out there. But that's the way our media operate, the claims go in the headlines and retractions on page 84 in 6 point font.

If he plead guilty then I don't understand the issue. Unless someone can provide proof to the contrary a few of you owe Ostin an apology.

Yeah to be fair I've never seen a retraction about his dv claims either, and I've tried to pay a fair bit of attention to anything about Lodge with all the misreporting and bullshit out there. But that's the way our media operate, the claims go in the headlines and retractions on page 84 in 6 point font.

From what I read he was hit with 7 charges of dv and only pleaded guilty to one, that one charge being the only one that was witnessed. Very suspicious....

From what I read he was hit with 7 charges of dv and only pleaded guilty to one, that one charge being the only one that was witnessed. Very suspicious....
Hard to know. In general a guilty pleas are good as an alleged victim is not put through the court process but can also be negative in that it doesn't test all the evidence. Better not to infer either way about specific facts.
[automerge]1569306363[/automerge]

I think Lodge and Haas will be the props for NSW next year if they stay fit.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bish
  • Culhwch
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.