NEWS Capewell coming from 2022 or Fake News?

Status
Not open for further replies.
despite the whinging from certain people around here, this signing (or agreement) could have been leaked by any number of people from:

Broncos management (Ben Ikin)
Broncos players
Panthers management
Panthers players
Capewell's manager
NRL management

or it could have been a figment of Badel's imagination

despite the whinging for certain people around here, this signing (or agreement) could have been leaked by any number of people from:

Broncos management (Ben Ikin)
Broncos players
Panthers management
Panthers players
Capewell's manager
NRL management

or it could have been a figment of Badel's imagination
Definitely someone in the NRL that'd riding the 'let's F the Broncos train'.

Loose lips sinks ships and makes babies

The price is what will determine if this is a good signing or not, he's not a game breaker.. yes he pops up with some big plays every once in a while

Just reading Capewell denying it, it was only verbal and we know that doesn't hold much weight

Leaking before it's done is amateur as ****.

People have backed out of deals before because of it.
this is why they say the pullout method doesn't work

Just reading Capewell denying it, it was only verbal and we know that doesn't hold much weight
From what I remember from my high school Legal Studies a verbal agreement is legally binding in QLD, however that was a long time ago, so it could have changed or I could be completely wrong.

From what I remember from my high school Legal Studies a verbal agreement is legally binding in QLD, however that was a long time ago, so it could have changed or I could be completely wrong.
Technically yes, but it doesn't apply here. The verbal contract he's entered into is that he will come back and formally sign a detailed contract when he's given it a bit more thought or spoken to someone else, say his manager. I'm assuming. Unless he's within the cooling off period, which is not what he's implying.

The understanding between them is it isn't binding until he's done that. The mutual understanding is the crucial part of the contract. Without that there is no enforceable contract. Not that the club would ever force a player into servitude after changing his mind before signing a contract. They don't want a player on their books who doesn't want to be there.

See Brisbane Broncos vs Greg Inglis for more.

With Capewell coming out and saying he hasn't signed anywhere this may actually backfire on us.. It seems someone at the club has leaked that he is/was going to sign.
He may not like this, similarly to how Bennett didn't like that it was leaked he was going to the Roosters all those years ago. He then backflipped as a result.
It isn't often we see this from players (with a personal video). If he now signs it makes him look a little silly.
I don't know how this will end, but hopefully we do land him.

With Capewell coming out and saying he hasn't signed anywhere this may actually backfire on us.. It seems someone at the club has leaked that he is/was going to sign.
He may not like this, similarly to how Bennett didn't like that it was leaked he was going to the Roosters all those years ago. He then backflipped as a result.
It isn't often we see this from players (with a personal video). If he now signs it makes him look a little silly.
I don't know how this will end, but hopefully we do land him.

who says it was someone at the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Porthoz
  • Morkel
  • Turks85
  • broncsgoat
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.