NEWS Chris Johns: bring Kevvie onto the bench

I am actually starting to feel sorry for Seibs, he is getting game played left, right and centre. This is such a smart move by Kevvie, for the reasons BP posted above. But also, if he does not accept the offer of assistance (or the club doesn't) expect the campaign by the old boys to be ramped up exponentially. He will have no peace, just constant ever increasing white noise.

If what Craddock is saying about there being a group of players offside with him and his methods is true, unless that issue is dealt with quickly and put to bed, he is history in my view (not that I am saying that is right or that we should pander to the players, it is just the harsh reality).

His record speaks for itself.

But once Seibold can get rid of the rot brought in by Bennett, we’ll be all good. Surely people have to be curious on why Broncos are playing the long game and haven’t sacked him yet.
lol at blaming Bennett.
And yeah they haven’t sacked him yet, and he’s got the full backing of the board.

lol at blaming Bennett.
And yeah they haven’t sacked him yet, and he’s got the full backing of the board.

Lol at being too naive to see what impact mismanagement of the cap does.

The players we need to fix the issues, the ones that bring genuine leadership, we can’t afford to sign because of the brilliant mind of Bennett getting big money for players that didn’t deserve it. I can forgive him for Bird, that’s just bad luck. Over $2 million between three players alone that aren’t doing their job and we can’t fix it until their contracts are up. So now we have to use rookies who don’t know what to do in a situation like this and some discards just to get some experience in the side. This is one of the reasons why the Broncos are playing the long game. They are trying to unfuck the mess we’ve been put in.

Kevie just renewed his deal as QLD coach for 2021.

The players we need to fix the issues, the ones that bring genuine leadership, we can’t afford to sign because of the brilliant mind of Bennett getting big money for players that didn’t deserve it. I can forgive him for Bird, that’s just bad luck. Over $2 million between three players alone that aren’t doing their job and we can’t fix it until their contracts are up. So now we have to use rookies who don’t know what to do in a situation like this and some discards just to get some experience in the side. This is one of the reasons why the Broncos are playing the long game. They are trying to unfuck the mess we’ve been put in.
Doesn’t excuse the way the team is playing.

Seibold won't accept, he's too stubborn and too flappable for this to happen.

So how can he be like an assitant or anything if he just re-newed his maroons deal?

Same way mal works for the titans and coaches australia I'm guessing

Bullshit, how the **** can you believe that. He got rid of the so called "deadwood " and has brought in different players and his own staff. How can this be a prior problem if it seems to be getting worse? Maybe it's all Boyd's fault (Waynes love child) , I mean it's not like he can choose to leave him off the team , hey .

His record speaks for itself.

But once Seibold can get rid of the rot brought in by Bennett, we’ll be all good. Surely people have to be curious on why Broncos are playing the long game and haven’t sacked him yet.

I'm not curious, I think most people recognise why they are playing the long game...

It's because they don't want to sack the guy they foolishly gave a 5 year deal, admit they made a huge mistake and have to pay him out.

Kevvie coaching role has been extended with the QRL until 2022.

Bullshit, how the **** can you believe that. He got rid of the so called "deadwood " and has brought in different players and his own staff. How can this be a prior problem if it seems to be getting worse? Maybe it's all Boyd's fault (Waynes love child) , I mean it's not like he can choose to leave him off the team , hey .
I’m all for sacking Seibold but let’s be intelligent about our situation. We definitely hasn’t gotten rid of all the deadwood - Boyd (600-900k), Oates(500k), Offa(500k), Kahu(350-450k), Milford(1m), and Bird(800k). All are not justifying the price of their contracts, with some estimates putting their combined price as high $4million+ per season. Keep in mind the cap is $9.5million. The 6 deadwood players in our 30 man squad are approaching 45% of our entire cap.

With the cap being so cooked, he has very minimal room to bring players in. Croft is the only player he’s signed that isn’t basically on minimum wage, and he’s still only on about $300k.

Seibold was fucked before a single ball was kicked, but he’s also shown that he doesn’t have the coaching chops to unfuck himself enough to survive until the clubs salary cap position is fixed.

I’m all for sacking Seibold but let’s be intelligent about our situation. We definitely hasn’t gotten rid of all the deadwood - Boyd (600-900k), Oates(500k), Offa(500k), Kahu(350-450k), Milford(1m), and Bird(800k). All are not justifying the price of their contracts, with some estimates putting their combined price as high $4million+ per season. Keep in mind the cap is $9.5million. The 6 deadwood players in our 30 man squad are approaching 45% of our entire cap.

With the cap being so cooked, he has very minimal room to bring players in. Croft is the only player he’s signed that isn’t basically on minimum wage, and he’s still only on about $300k.

Seibold was fucked before a single ball was kicked, but he’s also shown that he doesn’t have the coaching chops to unfuck himself enough to survive until the clubs salary cap position is fixed.

All of this was why many of us were willing to give him a chance. That said, he can't get the players to care, there is no way he can continue, that's totally on him. He needs to set the standard and he looks like he couldn't care less.

And he is just so full of excuses, what do you think the players take from that? They are as thick as two bricks, they aren't going to be able to see they need to improve if they are being given excuses. Not only that, he trotted out the five year contract in the press conference. He doesn't know how to fix the problems in this side now.

When is origin happening this year? Does it really matter to QRL if Kevvie assists part time with the broncos this season?

Oates , offa , Milford and bird have all played origin and are good players on their day . But apart from bird have all gotten worse since seibold has taken over. The same people who handle the contracts are still apart of the system, the whole contract debacle is Bennett's fault is so last year.

Oates , offa , Milford and bird have all played origin and are good players on their day . But apart from bird have all gotten worse since seibold has taken over. The same people who handle the contracts are still apart of the system, the whole contract debacle is Bennett's fault is so last year.

Oates has struggled for a while now on and off. Offa and Milf were signed based on a potential that neither of them were looking to reach under Wayne or Seibold.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • Manifesto
  • Wendall Taylor
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.