Cocaine Scandal

What a joke, yet hardly surprising. Surely the titans will be back playing sooner rather than later after this outcome

Hopefully not - my supercoach team is based on the premise that Myles, James and Mosely will see big minutes.

$2500...

He could pull that money out of his wallet and pay the fine on the spot.

**** me dead.

Hopefully not - my supercoach team is based on the premise that Myles, James and Mosely will see big minutes.

Ive got myles, but i also drafted bird and taylor... double edged sword!

So he's basically not even been punished for snorting coke like he's Tony Montana? Fair enough then, I guess Rugby League players can get away with anything, recreational drugs, performance enhancing drugs, sexual assaulting women, physically assaulting women, stomping on peoples heads.. where does it end?

So he's basically not even been punished for snorting coke like he's Tony Montana? Fair enough then, I guess Rugby League players can get away with anything, recreational drugs, performance enhancing drugs, sexual assaulting women, physically assaulting women, stomping on peoples heads.. where does it end?

At least this time it's a Union player. And closer to an ex-AFL player than ex-NRL. But maybe that's why he got off?

It'll be very interesting how the Titans players are treated in comparison. Of course if they plead not guilty and are found guilty they'll cop a a harsher punishment.

Karmichael Hunt fined $30,000, stripped of vice-captaincy and banned six weeks by Queensland Reds and ARU for cocaine scandal

Karmichael Hunt has been given a sporting lifeline and won't be sacked after pleading guilty to four counts of cocaine possession.

Instead, the Australian Rugby Union and the Queensland Rugby Union will add a $30,000 fine to the $2500 fine from Southport Magistrates Court and suspend him for six weeks. He will be eligible for Super Rugby in round eight.

The 28-year-old must also enter a drug treatment and rehab program and will be the subject of a targeted drug testing program.

Hunt has already been stood down for two weeks and that has been factored into the suspension. He will continue to train in a restricted program at Ballymore, away from the team, before returning to Reds sessions from Monday, March 23 ahead of the away match against the Rebels in Melbourne.
Advertisement

Hunt, a father of two young daughters, said he had made a "terrible mistake" and apologised to his family and teammates.

Karmichael Hunt fined $30,000, stripped of vice-captaincy and banned six weeks by Queensland Reds and ARU for cocaine scandal

Last edited:
Monetary fines are useless against these guys, it's not a deterrent at all.

Time out of the game is what hurts them, and it's also what is hardly dished out.

It's all so very soft.

NRL RING: Northern Territory Police have seized methamphetamine, cannabis, steroids and the most unexpected booty in a drug bust at Tipperary Waters.

A search of the property found an NRL premiership ring from South Sydney's triumph last year - they're now investigating who it belongs to, and how it got there.

Still not naming names

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Dylan Walker "lost it when he went swimming".

So naturally these blokes must have found it scuba diving in Sydney Harbour.

Pure coincidence.

Read the article Towelly about 50 rings were produced for all and sundry (support staff etc).

You so high

Yea I doubt that's the one Walker lost

Monetary fines are useless against these guys, it's not a deterrent at all.

Time out of the game is what hurts them, and it's also what is hardly dished out.

It's all so very soft.

I disagree - the message received loud and clear by all and sundry - no one's above the law, you're all on notice. Karmichael's reputation is tarnished forever and some corners question his achievements now. Up to him to redeem himself.

I think a fair result - dumb from K, but I don't think it deserved ending his career (i.e. with a 4 year ban that was talked about), especially when guys like Wicks, Packer and Ferguson, Kirisome Auvua and Robert Lui are floating around for much more heinous offences and Todd Carney gets a 1000 chances.

So why did Dell have to cop 2 years and K is only copping 6 weeks?

elmer.png

Active Now

• Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • marw
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.