Cocaine Scandal

Or was Hunt given a slap because he rolled on those up the chain?

Was hunt really only given a slap? What would a normal blokes punishment be like in this situation>?

Was hunt really only given a slap? What would a normal blokes punishment be like in this situation>?

Probably a harsher penalty, but you'd think his lawyers are miles better than Joe Average could afford.

Lol 6 weeks and at the start of the season. Hardly a punishment. 30k is like what, 10 days pay for him?

I guess Rugby League players can get away with anything, recreational drugs, performance enhancing drugs, sexual assaulting women, physically assaulting women, stomping on peoples heads.. where does it end?

I didn't think it was the courts place to punish anyone differently based on their profession.

Although, if you subscribe to the theory that sports stars are role models and should act as such in all facets of life, then I think he got off very lightly from the Reds.

He got done for possession, not using it. He was probably offered deviation like all first time drug offenders. It's not like he was rolling in the powder.

That's crap to be honest.

These players are professional athletes to the day they retire and for WADA to have no say is utterly ridiculous and sends the wrong message.

Don't disagree.

This article is interesting; Illicit drugs: Australian sports intervene while WADA spectates

These interventions have been driven by individual sports, not WADA, which only tests for narcotics in competition where it regards them as performance-enhancing substances. Although WADA requires out-of-competition testing of athletes, the list of drugs it seeks to detect are the classical “performance boosters”, such as steroids, EPO and blood doping.
From this perspective, narcotics have no cumulative value out of competition in terms of performance-enhancing attributes. However, while WADA has no policy interest in the use of illicit drugs by athletes out of competition, it will prosecute any sportsperson it deems to have supplied a narcotic as an anti-doping violation. This is intriguing to say the least.

He got done for possession, not using it.

This is where I think he was smart in pleading guilty to possession, and not having to face a supply charge. If WADA/ASADA can't do anything at the moment because he's never actually tested positive, but could do something if he was charged with supply, even without a positive test (which I imagine they wouldn't need one for supply), then I think he made a smart choice. Cop a fairly light punishment in the scheme of things, rather than possibly being gone for 4 years, which might as well be the end of his career.

Supply carries a 4 year ban from WADA, that's why he was happy with possessing which doesn't carry a ban.

They're stupid... They should have taken a look at what penalties Hunt received and followed a similar path

I don't think that they dropped the Supply charges for the Titans players though? That's the only reason Hunt took the deal.

I don't think that they dropped the Supply charges for the Titans players though? That's the only reason Hunt took the deal.

His lawyer likely negotiated the deal ... The Titans players could have had their lawyers do a similar thing.

His lawyer likely negotiated the deal ... The Titans players could have had their lawyers do a similar thing.

I think they would be concerned about what the NRL will do if they plead guilty. May get a slap on the wrist from the courts but the NRL would come down harder, and it would give the Titans cause to rip up their contracts

Active Now

• Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • MrMoore
  • Ondi
  • Fatboy
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bongo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.