Coen Hess

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
After last night's humiliating loss, one thing has become perfectly clear, Queensland require more talent off the bench.

In 2001, Wayne Bennett turned to Brad Meyers & Carl Webb.

In 2003, Wayne Bennett turned to Matt Bowen & Cameron Smith.

In 2006, Mal turned to Inglis, Myles, Scott & Thaiday.

In 2017, Kevie should turn to Coen Hess as a bench option. He may not win the Maroons the game, but he's clearly got the ability to become a stalwart for the Maroons and there is no sense looking at a stop-gap. Last night Aidan Guerra only came on when the game was well and truly lost, surely it would have made more sense to give a quality player like Hess that experience?

Hess for Origin II.

Alec

International Rep
I'd pick him for sure. He's a huge talent, looks made for Origin.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
No, too early, no real form line and has attracted a few headlines but he should be seasoned for a least a full nrl season. Only my opinion and plenty of other proven players to choose from.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I'm not against putting guys in there early and I'm not against Hess either but I'd bring him in if we lose game 2.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I can see Hess doing what Taylor did in Game 2, 2014.

Since JT will be playing, I would rather Cooper.
i said it last night, but if only Big Dave had a bit of desire and ticker he would be easily twice the player Fatfita is. Makes me angry when i think about the waste of talent he is.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
i said it last night, but if only Big Dave had a bit of desire and ticker he would be easily twice the player Fatfita is. Makes me angry when i think about the waste of talent he is.
I'd deadset back Taylor to do a better job in game two than we saw from Myles, Lillyman, and Guerra last night.

KnToad

QCup Player
Sunshine Coast
Napa really hasn't been consistently excellent since his big night out against Sam Burgess last year either but he showed last night he wasn't out of his depth and has a big future in a Maroon jersey so there's no reason why Hess can't have a crack too. If we stick with what we had last night we will get spanked now the Blues have the belief they have our measure.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
The last opinion you'd want is the club coach when it comes to selecting rookies.

They want to secure those players for years, when you give them that profile it just makes life so much tougher.

That's why Bellamy was so vocal about Inglis and Folau, well that and he was coaching at the time Folau was selected.

Big Del

QCup Player
Napa really hasn't been consistently excellent since his big night out against Sam Burgess last year either but he showed last night he wasn't out of his depth and has a big future in a Maroon jersey so there's no reason why Hess can't have a crack too. If we stick with what we had last night we will get spanked now the Blues have the belief they have our measure.
Yep I`ve seen Napa have one outstanding game against the Bunnies . Been off the boil since .

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Hess has scored the bulk of his tries this year against the teams running 11th, 12th and 15th ! He averages this season, 93 metres a game. Just for comparison sakes, Jason Bakuya averages 101 metres a game running for 1009 metres this season. Hess has run for 1025 metres, virtually the same but here's the big difference ........Hess has been on the field for almost FOUR HOURS LONGER !!!!!!

Hess has been on the field for 716 minutes compared to Bakuya's 487 minutes yet he has run for the same amount of metres with more per game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter