[Confirmed] Ben Barba signs with Cronulla

Re: [RUMOUR] Ben Barba to Cronulla

Barba's 2012 season will never be repeated. It wasn't a fluke.....it was just simply, his peak.

1 mil/yr ? Pfft .....the Sharks must be still takin' drugs.

I've got no problems with him going and don't for one minute fear that he will come back and bite us.

100% agree with this.

It took Hayne three to four seasons to rediscover his 09 form and it will do the same for Barba. He will carve up next year and I'm so disappointed it won't be for us.

You're deluded if you think Barba is of the same caliber as Hayne.

So mysterious!

Not really- pretty simple buy the paper tomorrow and Sunday and you'll find out where he was amongst other things- but "Gee" you do what you want.

You need to do some work on your sledging mate. You lose points for toughness when you bag me but rely on me to even know when players sign with the club.

but rely on me to even know when players sign with the club.

To be fair dude, you usually come on here and announce a signing when it's already been posted somewhere on twitter or in a news article, not that I'm complaining or anything.. I still appreciate the updates.

Not really- pretty simple buy the paper tomorrow and Sunday and you'll find out where he was amongst other things- but "Gee" you do what you want.

You need to do some work on your sledging mate. You lose points for toughness when you bag me but rely on me to even know when players sign with the club.
This is the bit that is mysterious

Toughness? When did I rely on you for a player signing? I have twitter. I see it all about five minutes before you post it on here.

Barba's 2012 season will never be repeated. It wasn't a fluke.....it was just simply, his peak.

1 mil/yr ? Pfft .....the Sharks must be still takin' drugs.

I've got no problems with him going and don't for one minute fear that he will come back and bite us.

So true

Anyone else notice that AP and Foordy are the only ones who ever use the dislike function?

I'm trying to cut down the amount of fights I get in around here... Seems like a way to do it and still express my opinion

Like vs Dislike .....?

The perception is soooo droll.

I'm trying to cut down the amount of fights I get in around here... Seems like a way to do it and still express my opinion

We don't get updates when you do it so I've never noticed until today haha

Keep waiting.

If someone on here that I actually respect asks me those questions and isn't in thesis form I will answer

Bullshit. U won't answer coz you literally have no reason why u think Milford is a 6 apart from Bennett says so.

You also actually believe Boyd is coming purely based on skill don't u

Last edited:

BEN Barba’s career at the Broncos is over, with the fallen Dally M star expected to sign with Cronulla in the next 48 hours.

Following an afternoon of meetings with Broncos officials and coach Wayne Bennett, Barba was given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

He will be given an outright release from the remaining two years of his Broncos contract when he agrees to terms with a new club.

Tomorrow in the Saturday Courier-Mail, Bennett reveals he decided to cut Barba loose because he could not guarantee the former Bulldogs star would be in the Broncos’ top 17 next season.

“Look, I don’t want to lie to Ben and I don’t want to lie to the fans,” Bennett tells The Courier-Mail.

“I could have made out that it would be all rosy for Ben Barba next year but the reality is it might not be so rosy.”

Barba tells The Courier-Mail tomorrow that he wanted to stay in Brisbane, and was given the option of seeing out his contract and fighting for a position.

But he said he understood Bennett’s position, and expected to have a new club by “the end of this week”.

Get the full story on another tumultuous day at the Broncos, only in tomorrow’s edition of The Courier-Mail and couriermail.com.au

Bullshit. U won't answer coz you literally have no reason why u think Milford is a 6 apart from Bennett says so.

You lso actually believe Boyd is coming purely based on skill don't u

No, part of the reason is I flat out don't like you, another part is I'm on my phone and I can't read that fucking essay you wrote and the other part is that there is no point seeing as you have basically said 'agree with my point or your foolish and naive'

As for your 2 questions here.

The fact that Bennett, one of the best coaches ever to coach the game thinks he is a 6 is a big part, yes. The fact that we need him to play 6 adds to it and I believe he has a lot more to his game than just speed in spaces. He has vision and playmaking ability and has seemed better defensively in the frontline. At fullback he basically refuses to tackle. I have said most of this previously but you and AP just ignore stuff you don't like

Boyd is a great player but he isn't solely coming for that, it's also because of bennett and his connection, and I couldn't give a shit

Ease up tiger. Milford himself said he played his juniors as a halfback so don't see why it'd be an issue for him. I think Bennett is a little bit more qualified to make these judgements then you or AP personally. On Boyd all i can say is get over it.

Well, B4L's opinon aside .......I for one think Milford is a 6. This is based on watching him play without the restraints of short sighted internet forum "group wisdom" biting at my heels.

Also depends on your definition of what you want as a 6 ......?

Personally, I want a free running, fleet footed player in the position who's capable of playing what's in front of him and have the talent to take the opportunity to make something out of it. If you want just a link man, we should have bought a crusty one legged Campo (I hear he's going cheap)

Yes Milford has been dynamic at fullback, but again that's just from him taking the opportunities that come his way as a fullback. I'm not saying the same opportunities will present themselves at 5/8....but new/different opportunities will and not only for himself as a finisher, but as a player who will also create for those around him. With Milford at fullback you will only ever get half the package. This kid has got it all.

I believe this...because I have seen glimpses of it when watching him play with an open mind.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky24
  • jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Nerd
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.