[Confirmed] Ben Barba signs with Cronulla

I'm clearly not a moderator or an admin. I'm not sure why AP was allowed to post this rubbish in here or why it's not removed... I'm not surprised though
I've explained this before. AP got that message because of SVRL settings, where you have mod rights on the live game thread.
We're working on solving that, as it's only fair that people be able to ignore you... :aetsch:

I've explained this before. AP got that message because of SVRL settings, where you have mod rights on the live game thread.
We're working on solving that, as it's only fair that people be able to ignore you... :aetsch:

I'm aware you explained it

"They couldn't see what I was capable of". @Cronulla_Sharks recruit Ben Barba on axing by Wayne Bennett.

havent heard the full interview but interesting quote. i really hope he goes well and proves himself again

10384125_718243791604210_3895658370916222243_n.jpg

Good post @Morkel. I've said before that i can't imagine a scenario where i will ever stop supporting the Broncos.

But as you're all abundantly clear, i am of the opinion that hiring Bennett, signing Boyd and releasing Barba, are all wrong decisions. But i hope they all prove me wrong.

I hope Bennett makes the tough decisions required (including moving Boyd to wing, if he isnt performing at fullback)

I hope Boyd carves up at fullback and we don't regret releasing Barba.

And i will be the first to admit it if I'm wrong, but for that to happen it means:

For Bennett - close out games, better ladder positions, making the hard decisions when required, leaves us in a better position when he leaves than when he got here.

For Boyd - consistently good performances throughout his time with us, not just the odd good game
By far and away, your best post in my humble opinion. I seem to seldom agree with you and like you say, those decisions made are not to your liking but it is gratifying that you wish the consequences of those 'wrong' decisions to be ones that leave a little egg on the face. Being wrong about something, not that you've been proven so, is okay. It's the inability to admit it that is weak.

How about we let everyone support the Broncos in their own way...
Some people are over critical of everything, some just nod their head at every decision, and the rest is in between. Who are we to tell them they're wrong?

Support being the operative word here Port. Support means actually contributing something to the team, I know as fans there's not much we can do besides becoming members, but you would think as a minimum, supporting a team would be just actually hoping they go well. There are some members here that for whatever reason, can't bring themselves to even do that. I'm not asking them to be high-on-happiness rainbow riders like B4L, but to place your own agenda above the positive performance of the team, well for mine that's not a supporter.

"They couldn't see what I was capable of". @Cronulla_Sharks recruit Ben Barba on axing by Wayne Bennett.

havent heard the full interview but interesting quote. i really hope he goes well and proves himself again

The reason we couldn't see what you were capable of Ben, is you didn't show us

Support being the operative word here Port. Support means actually contributing something to the team, I know as fans there's not much we can do besides becoming members, but you would think as a minimum, supporting a team would be just actually hoping they go well. There are some members here that for whatever reason, can't bring themselves to even do that. I'm not asking them to be high-on-happiness rainbow riders like B4L, but to place your own agenda above the positive performance of the team, well for mine that's not a supporter.

Eat shit

I'm clearly not a moderator or an admin. I'm not sure why AP was allowed to post this rubbish in here or why it's not removed... I'm not surprised though

I could see everyone's jaws drop open at the suggestion. Mine certainly did

I could see everyone's jaws drop open at the suggestion. Mine certainly did
I posted that because that's the message that I got when I tried to ignore him. I don't want to see his posts and be baited in to arguing with him some more, but I literally can't ignore his posts like I have with Huge. I wasn't lying or making anything up, and Porthoz even acknowledged it. Not sure how I'm the one that people are getting cranky at lol.

The reason we couldn't see what you were capable of Ben, is you didn't show us
He showed us in 2012.

I posted that because that's the message that I got when I tried to ignore him. I don't want to see his posts and be baited in to arguing with him some more, but I literally can't ignore his posts like I have with Huge. I wasn't lying or making anything up, and Porthoz even acknowledged it. Not sure how I'm the one that people are getting cranky at lol.

The point is you PM a mod/admin about the issue or open up a staff chat, not post it in here as an attempt to bait/derail a thread/provide an opportunity for people to say "pfft, as if he would be a mod"

He showed us in 2012.

But history doesn't count

You are not interested in counting Bennett's record - all that matters (according to you) is that WB is rubbish now (according to you again)

He showed us in 2012.

Just like Matt Orford showed the Canberra Raiders.

I'm not trying to diminish Barba's 2012 performance but he had a lot of opportunity to show that sort of form for us this season and it just never happened. He is unlucky in that Boyd/Bennett come as a pair but his performances for us gave Bennett an easy target.

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Mustafur
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • Spike
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.