[Confirmed] Russell Packer -->Not the Broncos

re: [Confirmed] Russell Packer --> Panthers

I am sorry but that's just ridiculous and simply untrue. You obbviously haven't watched Bennett much over the last 35 years.

He always planning for the future.

He set up the EPDP at the Broncos in 2006.
He set up a similar set up with the Dragons and the Uni at Wolloongong.
He set up the QAS and the QRL/Emerging camps.
He went about a very deliberate plan to recruit the exact players and develop the exact players he needed to win in '85.
He developed most of the Raiders' players that eventually would bring them success.
Knights Flegg won the comp and 20's have been leading the comp at times this year.
16/17 of the 2006 side were all developed through the Broncos system.
Of the '92 side four weren't in the system when the club started five years earlier.

Well that's a lot of time wasted on useless stats, I'm referring to his tenure at the Knights and what I expect from him at the Broncos (This will clearly be his last contract as a Head Coach), the Knights Flegg & 20's doing well have virtually nothing to do with Bennett, in terms of the first grade side he's signed little to no youth talent, the type of players that Bennett signed at the Knights were indicative of him wanting success immediately, there was very little planing for the future from him, 3 good young prospects signed in 3 seasons, compared to countless "safe" veterans.

~

Since 2012 at the Knights, not including re-signing players-

Craig Gower, Willie Mason, Beau Scott, Jeremy Smith, David Fa'alogo, Timana Tahu, Anthony Quinn, Clint Newton, Danny Buderus.

Dane Gagai, Joey Leilua, Tariq Sims.

Locky is entitled to his opinion, with which I obviously disagree, despite him being the person I respect most in the RL world.

I do agree his position at the club, relationship with Bennett, etc... compromises his position, but I also agree with B4L, that there's no reason for him to come out in support of something he doesn't agree with.

However, I very much doubt he will ever be a dissent voice in such matters.

Even if he is the type of player we lack, I definitely hope the club maintains integrity above results, as that is a slippery slope.
I won't stop supporting them if Packer comes, but I definitely will not renew my membership or attend a game at Suncorp with him wearing our jersey!

Mate I have been having a discussion with you, I havent been carrying on with the attitude you have.

You're comparing apartheid and domestic abuse to the reality of a victim will see there aggressor at some point in time? Do you understand how difficult it is to have a discussion when you throw out such extreme exaggerations like that? It dilutes the discussion and takes away from a point the person is trying to get across. Great way to 'win' an argument but is as frustrating as hell

I swear I'm pitching both of you ***** off the 2nd tier at the 4 Nations.

Mate I have been having a discussion with you, I havent been carrying on with the attitude you have.

You're comparing apartheid and domestic abuse to the reality of a victim will see there aggressor at some point in time? Do you understand how difficult it is to have a discussion when you throw out such extreme exaggerations like that? It dilutes the discussion and takes away from a point the person is trying to get across. Great way to 'win' an argument but is as frustrating as hell
Seriously, ditch the accusations, because when it comes to attitude, you really have a glass roof!

This and your sentence about integrity, makes me understand we have an irreconcilable difference of opinion on what is morally acceptable. I won't ever let "win at all costs" cloud my judgement or values, and I put much more emphasis on psychological suffering than you do, which actually surprises me, given where you work.

I know people who have been subjected to this by their own footy club (not RL and not in Australia FTR, but I'll go as far as saying it was a Russian soccer player in Portugal and a DUI was involved), and were devastated to see the perpetrator get back to the limelight as if it never happened... and got into a deep state of depression as a consequence.
I will never, ever, condone this with a shrug of the shoulder... or a comment about how life isn't fair.

What you need to understand, is that apartheid and domestic abuse were once viewed in the same way as you see the victim's rights now. It is in no way an extreme example, but simply an historical precedent.

It's not just seeing them down the shops- although in some cases that would be bad enough. In this case the victim has to turn on their tv every Friday to hear how great Packer is and how awesome he is.

Why don't we make Bayden-Clay father of the year when he gets out of jail- that should help his wife's family.

I think that's the point.

Seriously, ditch the accusations, because when it comes to attitude, you really have a glass roof!

This and your sentence about integrity, makes me understand we have an irreconcilable difference of opinion on what is morally acceptable. I won't ever let "win at all costs" cloud my judgement or values, and I put much more emphasis on psychological suffering than you do, which actually surprises me, given where you work.

I know people who have been subjected to this by their own footy club (not RL and not in Australia FTR, but I'll go as far as saying it was a Russian soccer player in Portugal and a DUI was involved), and were devastated to see the perpetrator get back to the limelight as if it never happened... and got into a deep state of depression as a consequence.
I will never, ever, condone this with a shrug of the shoulder... or a comment about how life isn't fair.

What you need to understand, is that apartheid and domestic abuse were once viewed in the same way as you see the victim's rights now. It is in no way an extreme example, but simply an historical precedent.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm not saying I like it. BUT IT"S JUST THE REAL WORLD.

Port, I wish the world went by your moral compass, I wish it was like that, but it's not. I'm just realistic about it.

As for my work, we are a recovery based organisation that help people develop coping mechanisms and life skills to deal with the real world. If you want to use this situation for example, we acknowledge that the reality of the situation is that the victim will have to see the perpetrator and as such work with them to develop strategies around it.

You mention my attitude and claim you don't make things personal yet you bring up my work and scoff as if my opinion is wrong considering the people I work with. **** you.

I respect how high your moral and ethical standards are but the real world will never rise to them, so I try to look at things more realistically.

One thing is for sure, I will never get into a discussion like this with you again.

It's not just seeing them down the shops- although in some cases that would be bad enough. In this case the victim has to turn on their tv every Friday to hear how great Packer is and how awesome he is.

Why don't we make Bayden-Clay father of the year when he gets out of jail- that should help his wife's family.

How does this have anything to do with this? I'm not saying give packer the Dally M or make him the face of the game FFS, all I'm saying is after he has done his time if he wants to turn his life around and sign a low-level contract at an NRL club I believe he should be allowed to.

Well that's a lot of time wasted on useless stats, I'm referring to his tenure at the Knights and what I expect from him at the Broncos (This will clearly be his last contract as a Head Coach), the Knights Flegg & 20's doing well have virtually nothing to do with Bennett, in terms of the first grade side he's signed little to no youth talent, the type of players that Bennett signed at the Knights were indicative of him wanting success immediately, there was very little planing for the future from him, 3 good young prospects signed in 3 seasons, compared to countless "safe" veterans.

~

Since 2012 at the Knights, not including re-signing players-

Craig Gower, Willie Mason, Beau Scott, Jeremy Smith, David Fa'alogo, Timana Tahu, Anthony Quinn, Clint Newton, Danny Buderus.

Dane Gagai, Joey Leilua, Tariq Sims.

Harry Pondekas came from the Broncos this year.

You didn't mention just the Knights at all.

Even if you're now changing it just to the Knights you're not right. He's had a lot to do with the systems with the Flegg and 20's. The NSW Cup team finished second too. That's three lower grades doing well. Which reeks of Bennett, he went there and same as the Dragons fixed it from the bottom up. The Knights 20's only made the finals once since 2008 and are now second.

No planning for the the future but Mata'utia, Mamo and Tapine all made their NRL debut this year from the 20's.

Harry Pondekas came from the Broncos this year.

He wasn't the only NYC player who was recruited either.

Jaeleen Feeney
James Taylor
Pride Petterson-Robati
Tuiala Togiatasi

Josh Birch was also brought over from the Broncos last year.

[MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] [MENTION=7802]broncos4life[/MENTION]

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

I find it strange...someone arguing with Porthoz lol.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

No planning for the the future but Mata'utia, Mamo and Tapine all made their NRL debut this year from the 20's.

As opposed to all of those other NRL players that he could've used instead.. he used them out of necessity, the only player I've seen Bennett drop for garbage form this year is Uate.

I won't disregard all your points in terms of Bennett somehow making the 3 lower grades all successful, because I have no idea.. but, what you're saying is that Bennett does all of the recruiting and roster management for the Flegg, U20's & NSW Cup team? That's pretty impressive if true.

As opposed to all of those other NRL players that he could've used instead.. he used them out of necessity, the only player I've seen Bennett drop for garbage form this year is Uate.

I won't disregard all your points in terms of Bennett somehow making the 3 lower grades all successful, because I have no idea.. but, what you're saying is that Bennett does all of the recruiting and roster management for the Flegg, U20's & NSW Cup team? That's pretty impressive if true.

I think our coach this year and last proves how hard it is to bring younger players up even due to necessity.

Last edited:

Double post.

This is so ridiculous.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • GCBRONCO
  • azza.79
  • KateBroncos1812
  • The Strapper
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • bazza
  • Bish
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwi2
  • Old Mate
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.