[Confirmed] Russell Packer -->Not the Broncos

re: [Confirmed] Russell Packer --> Panthers

Hahaha. I love it.

Locky says something the majority wants to hear = what a legend, always doing whats best for the broncos

Locky says something that the majority don't want to hear = Just a yes man, grain of salt etc etc

What? No, it's complete common sense. He's always going to be a sycophant while A) a board member B) having played with the majority of the squad and C) Bennett is coach. It was the same with Griffin too, he was one of the few "old boys" saying nah give him another go.

Are you that naive to think he's going to come out and blast the club while the aforementioned three are still relevant?

What? No, it's complete common sense. He's always going to be a sycophant while A) a board member B) having played with the majority of the squad and C) Bennett is coach. It was the same with Griffin too, he was one of the few "old boys" saying nah give him another go.

Are you that naive to think he's going to come out and blast the club while the aforementioned three are still relevant?

I'm not naive at all, and I think he will always go middle ground. I was more pointing out that had this article been him opposed to it the same 'grain of salt' theory would not have been applied.

I do believe that if locky was vehemently opposed to something he just wouldn't comment

I don't like him, nor do I think that we should sign him, but he's the exact type of player that about 90% of this forum have been claiming we have been missing for the most part of this season. Hannant, Parker, Kennedy etc usually make meters, but the only prop that we have with mongrel seems to be McQuire. I think if he does sign with us (he won't, as the NRL won't register him) that Bennett will be getting him for a bargain price, and will get the most out of him seeing as how Packer will feel indebted to the faith shown by Wayne and the Broncos. We will be a better side with a reenergised Packer in our pack (Garbett hasn't played much first grade, so I am reluctant to place all of my faith in a 25 y/o rookie), but that is probably not worth our integrity as a club.

Just my 2c.

I don't like him, nor do I think that we should sign him, but he's the exact type of player that about 90% of this forum have been claiming we have been missing for the most part of this season. Hannant, Parker, Kennedy etc usually make meters, but the only prop that we have with mongrel seems to be McQuire. I think if he does sign with us (he won't, as the NRL won't register him) that Bennett will be getting him for a bargain price, and will get the most out of him seeing as how Packer will feel indebted to the faith shown by Wayne and the Broncos. We will be a better side with a reenergised Packer in our pack (Garbett hasn't played much first grade, so I am reluctant to place all of my faith in a 25 y/o rookie), but that is probably not worth our integrity as a club.

Just my 2c.

Agree with all of this

In regards to the bolded, at some point the club is going to have to decide if they want to win premierships (or at the very least threaten for it) or have a team of choir boys

Agree with all of this

In regards to the bolded, at some point the club is going to have to decide if they want to win premierships (or at the very least threaten for it) or have a team of choir boys
Safe to say integrity is out the window under Bennett

Safe to say integrity is out the window under Bennett

Well integrity has got us nowhere since bennett left, so I'm happy to see where this goes

Lol, because he agrees he is a sycophant ! By this logic all who agree with you are sycophants ! It isn't even conceivable that Lockyer agrees simply because he agrees. Like you are certain he is only saying he agrees ,to appease. Naturally this is because you have actually asked him what his views are. Boy, dumb statements.2+2=7. Renegade is saying that because Lockyer played under Bennett it makes him incapable of having his own opinion,his own view. What a weird view of the world. All Renegades views must be his Dads views.

I'd be surprised if the NRL let him back in the game next season. Maybe in a year or 2. He is still in prison. Not a great look for him to come straight out of jail and sign with a Glamour club of the NRL. This is the sort of signing a desperate shit club makes not a club with the roster we have.

And at the end of the day, that's what'll probably happen.

He won't be registered by the NRL.

Yeah. Cause the NRL know right from wrong and care abouybthe game's image.

I never said it was as simple as a jail sentence. Rehabilitation requires constant and consistent support and a clear path back into your profession. Dumping them into a menial job without those things will achieve nothing. I know you believe that no-one else knows anything as well as you do but I have actually had a fair bit to do with rehabilitation through my work.

If Packer wants to turn his life around there would be few better places than a football club with a strong culture.

As for the punishing the victim, yourself and the victim need to join the real world, that's life. Is it fair? maybe not, but life isn't fair.
Is that what they call the pot blaming the kettle?

I guess you still don't understand the concept of debate or having a diverging opinion, in which case I'll end the discussion by saying: You're right of course.

P.S. There used to be a time where castes, apartheid, beating up your wife and your children, etc... were part of the real world. I guess the people that didn't like or wanted to live with it were also told to join that "real world" and that life wasn't fair. It's a good thing they didn't listen!

Yeah. Cause the NRL know right from wrong and care abouybthe game's image.

Yeah they could easily **** it up.

Agree with all of this

Packer is not the type of player that we need to sign to be a premiership threat ... and i would be saying that even if he wasn't a shit **** and didn't do what he did

Locky is entitled to his opinion, with which I obviously disagree, despite him being the person I respect most in the RL world.

I do agree his position at the club, relationship with Bennett, etc... compromises his position, but I also agree with B4L, that there's no reason for him to come out in support of something he doesn't agree with.

However, I very much doubt he will ever be a dissent voice in such matters.

Even if he is the type of player we lack, I definitely hope the club maintains integrity above results, as that is a slippery slope.
I won't stop supporting them if Packer comes, but I definitely will not renew my membership or attend a game at Suncorp with him wearing our jersey!

I guess you still don't understand the concept of debate or having a diverging opinion, in which case I'll end the discussion by saying: You're right of course.

LOL...I swear I've read you two saying you were going to end the discussion half a dozen times now. :laugh:

Packer is not the type of player that we need to sign to be a premiership threat ... and i would be saying that even if he wasn't a shit **** and didn't do what he did

Yep....I mean FMD, we're talking about Russell Packer

Russell who?

exactly....a nobody. Certainly not a defining acquisition like Glen Lazarus was.

Is that what they call the pot blaming the kettle?

P.S. There used to be a time where castes, apartheid, beating up your wife and your children, etc... were part of the real world. I guess the people that didn't like or wanted to live with it were also told to join that "real world" and that life wasn't fair. It's a good thing they didn't listen!

Mate I have been having a discussion with you, I havent been carrying on with the attitude you have.

You're comparing apartheid and domestic abuse to the reality of a victim will see there aggressor at some point in time? Do you understand how difficult it is to have a discussion when you throw out such extreme exaggerations like that? It dilutes the discussion and takes away from a point the person is trying to get across. Great way to 'win' an argument but is as frustrating as hell

Active Now

• Allo
  • Mustafur
  • Astro
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • NSW stables
  • Strop
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Porthoz
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.