Controversial Opinions Thread

For eg. The no try to the storm today was correct, yes it is sucky that the ref called 6 to go twice, but once it went upstairs they could go back and see he knocked the ball on.

The shitty part of the rule is, if a Storm player was tackled before they scored, the video ref couldn't go back that far to rule on the knock on.

The QLD origin fans are the All Blacks of Rugby League whenever they lose they never accept responsibility for their teams performance and blame it on something else and conspiracys.

No conspiracy from me.

I know NSW won the series with a drug cheat in their side.

The QLD origin fans are the All Blacks of Rugby League whenever they lose they never accept responsibility for their teams performance and blame it on something else and conspiracys.

The fans I know and speak to are good but some of the stuff I read around origin time is LOLZ big time.

It goes both ways. It's ridiculous to make generalizations like this.

In spite of that, and without you intending I assume, your comparison is probably correct.

If we are the all blacks, then nsw is definitely the wallabies. Comprehensively dominated by the opposition for as long as recent memory, yet when they manage to snatch a win they carry on like the are the champions of the world, ignore any other factors like an understrength opposition and claim that this is the dawn of a new era...

Last edited:
I hate what Broncoman poorly posts about Rugby League.

Glenn, Gillett and Thaiday.

Individually each has merit as a valued member of a football team but imo collectively in the same team they are not a good mix.

I think we need to replace at least 1 of them to be a more competitive team. For the record i would keep Gillett.

Bellamy is only an above average coach who achieved all his "success" from cheating the cap, even the 2012 premiership was dodgy because I don't think they would have had the players they did if they didn't cheat to keep them in the first place.

Bellamy is only an above average coach who achieved all his "success" from cheating the cap, even the 2012 premiership was dodgy because I don't think they would have had the players they did if they didn't cheat to keep them in the first place.

+1. Now they aren't even allowed to rip peoples heads off or reef arms out of sockets. Bellyache must be in a horrible mood these days.

Supercoach hasn't won a finals game in two years and only just scraped into the 8, and that's including a win against the Tigers after the game was meant to be finished.

It's just funny how the Storm are no longer the powerhouse they once were once they've had to be on even terms with everyone else. But what really irks me is the media who still credit them for their premierships, he won one, that's all.

I was watching the Sunday Footy Show a week or two ago and Brett Finch was saying the Sharks should have got a harsher penalty and then went on to say we lost our premierships and getting paid more didn't make us perform better, as though they're completely oblivious to the benefits they got from rorting the cap.

Last edited:
- Test matches involving the Kangaroos are far and away my favourite rugby league games to watch and support, particularly when they play over in England. I wish this would happen more often.

- The refs are no where near as bad as what everyone makes out. It's a shame they make clear blunders at times but this happens in all sports. They don't stuff up any more than the players do each week.

- The biggest thing I will miss about Hook is his refusal to blast the referees in press conferences. This has been such a breath of fresh air, much like how Lockyer used to deal with the refs so respectfully as captain. I wish every coach would follow his lead as I am sick to death of seeing teams earn hard fought wins only for it to be minimised by the opposition coach and media blasting the refs post-game. This seems to happen every single week with certain coaches.

- Two on-field referees must be retained in future seasons.

They're not players.

They're not players.
No, but they're human beings, so I can accept mistakes or missing something in the run of play.

What I can't abide with, are the mind boggling decisions sometimes taken by refs, and even worse... the ones taken by the video refs after a gazillion reviews!

"Metres gained" is not a useful metric.

Take Gallen. He has appalling win/loss percentages. Except for a Thaiday disallowed try, he has never won a state of origin series in 9 attempts. Current captain of the spooners. Convicted PED user. Yet is a great metre eater.

Vidot and Mcguire are close to this category as well.

"Metres gained" inside own 50 metres is a somewhat useful stat. But even then any metres gained stat needs to be combined with "offload success/**** up percentages", and "attacking plays blown in opposition half because you only know how to run straight" numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inappropriate Post

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought we were only allowed to post controversial opinions in this thread?

This post is neither controversial nor an opinion

It is FACT :takdir:

I like Jamie Soward as a player and a personality and I always have.

Greg Inglis should play fb for QLD, Slater can play wing.

had to clarify.....I only liked this part of your post.

Jamie Soward is a wanker.

On the field, yes. Off it, not so much. Took time out of his own life to go visit a family friend on her birthday who was in hospital for surgery. No Panthers/Dragons get up, no Footy show following him around as players often do when they do this sort of thing. Just him, going to surprise her on her birthday when he heard she was going under the knife again (Multiple Dystonia)

Rapid-fire thoughts on a bunch of controversial BHQ topics.

Craig Bellamy
- One of the best coaches in the game. So good a bunch of otherwise nuffies became superstars and the Storm had to cheat the cap to keep 'em all.

Cronulla Sharks - The real cheats but because they didn't achieve anything don't receive anywhere near the level of hatred.

ASADA - The whole investigation still seems very shady. From how it started out to the plea bargains...the Sharks did something wrong but they weren't 100% pristine either.

Entertainment v Quality - Entertainment for me. While I can appreciate good play if the game is just a wrestle-fest with one out play and hail mary cross-field kicks it really doesn't inspire me to continue watching.

North Queensland Cowboys - I'm over them. They're well and truly in a premiership window but can't get the job done and cry NSW conspiracy when really they were always making up the numbers regardless. I'm off the bandwagon this year which is good news for them since my support clearly hasn't helped them any.

Hyperbole - Oh boy...I feel like a lot of my arguments on here can simply be put down to this. People are too quick to make these big outlandish statements without ever stopping to think whether or not it has any basis. More often than not, it isn't even close.

Ben Barba - Was never a fan. Came to the Broncos under some very suspect circumstances, was happy to give him a chance but there were games where he didn't even bother to put his body on the line and cost this team.

Justin Hodges
- I like him, but in this day and age just isn't valuable and is usually exposed against the good teams.

Ben Hunt - Has a good running game and solid vision. His passing game is poor and kicking is extremely hit or miss.

Josh Hoffman - Never really saw him as anything more than just a solid player but always respected how he puts his body on the line & reckon he represents us quite well.

Sam Thaiday - Is being wasted in the middle, no doubt he's at his best on the right fringe and reckon his performances for Australia and Queensland prove this.

The backrow
- Like Hodges - I like them but in the salary cap era can't afford to keep them all and think we have to cut the weakest link at some point. Whether it's Sam, Gillett or Glenn is yet to be determined.

Andrew McCullough - Brisbane have put a lot of eggs into this basket even though hooker was one position they had plenty of strength in and they've yet to receive much of a return. Hasn't been good enough and if he doesn't improve next season he should be let go.

That's enough for now.

One of the best things about Bellamy is how the Storm are so incredibly consistent. Like with the Broncos, I often see stuff like "if we are at our best blah blah blah". Well, the Storm are close to their best most of the time. Incredibly structured too. Bellamy has been a brilliant coach for sure.

One of the best things about Bellamy is how the Storm are so incredibly consistent. Like with the Broncos, I often see stuff like "if we are at our best blah blah blah". Well, the Storm are close to their best most of the time. Incredibly structured too. Bellamy has been a brilliant coach for sure.

That isn't accurate for season 2014 IMO.

Unread

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • RodF
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.