NEWS Corey Oates cleared of compound fracture

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Cleared of compound fracture. Could be back in three weeks. Good news.

Corey Oates has been cleared of a suspected compound fracture of the femur and could be back on the field within three weeks in a massive boost to the Broncos back-rower and the club. When Oates was stretchered from the field and taken straight to hospital late in the 46-0 loss to the Wests Tigers on Friday night there were fears that his career could be over. The 25-year-old went into a state of panic and thought he may never play again when the doctor told him he had sustained a suspected compound fracture of the femur, an injury usually associated with car accidents.

After being rushed to hospital and examined by medicos Oates has been diagnosed with a large haematoma and a deep gash in his leg. He will have surgery on Saturday and has been told he should be back on the field within three weeks. Oates will not fly back to Brisbane but will be driven back to his home city in the coming days. Broncos official Adam Walsh is with him in Sydney and will drive him home.

NOTE: THIS POST HAS BEEN REDATED TO BE SHOWN AS THE FIRST POST OF THE THREAD. Or McHunt is a time traveller. Whichever you prefer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure why you've titled the thread 'suspected', it can't get more graphic than that.

Imagine the shock of seeing and feeling your leg like that... fmd.

I'm not sure why you've titled the thread 'suspected', it can't get more graphic than that.

It's never official until the doctor says it is.

And let me assure you, the Doc is calling it on Seibold.

Last edited:
6-12 months, he'll be fine. His career isn't over.

I’m no doctor, but it looked more like a super-gnarly tag cut to me.

Not sure how someone could stand up and play a ball with a snapped bone sticking out of their thigh either.

Hope I’m right, would be a much better outcome than a compound fracture.

Last edited:
I’m no doctor, but it looked more like a super-gnarly tag cut to me.

Not sure how someone could stand up and play a ball with a snapped bone sticking out of their thigh either.

Hope I’m right, would be a much better outcome than a compound fracture.

They didn't need a stretcher for a bad cut.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gympie devil
  • Brocko
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.