NEWS Corey Oates cleared of compound fracture

No wonder none of the players cared for coreys well-being. The all must have known it wasn’t a compound fracture.
My understanding is he got up and played the ball so play restarted, and then when he went down again they were told to stand back. It's a bit shit making out they weren't concerned for him.

Great news for Oates. Hopefully its a realisation of what he has and it drives him to get back to his best.

Great news for Oates. Hopefully its a realisation of what he has and it drives him to get back to his best.

Unfortunately it is going to take a lot more than drive for him to get back to his best. He is dependent on the players/ attitude around him like anyone else (Even Fifi).

I think you should probably move on. The definition you quoted is exactly what the poster you were replying to said in the quoted post. Not sure how you managed to read that definition and his post and not see that.

I agree that it looks a bit embarrassing being so certain it was a compound fracture (according to Oates) but perhaps the wound really resembled one that was caused by a fracture. It’s very possible, as all description of the wound and the images seen on tv appear to suggest a serious break.

They got their diagnosis wrong but still did everything they could to protect Oates. I really don’t see the issue.
Haha... Yes, it is embarrassing at that level. Very much so. Exactly my point.........

Devlin get there first because that's his job, I count five Broncos staff stretching him off- including Anning and Hislop the Broncos doctor and physio.

Oates was taken straight to hospital and is being driven back to Brisbane by Walsh. I fail to see what else the Broncos could have done.

I fail to see what else the Broncos could have done.

I think his treatment was fine, the only thing I have issue with is our entire medical staff examining him whilst he was waiting to go to hospital and not a single one of them realising 'Wait a minute, that's not a bone, it's a welt!'.

I feel like a rudimentary examination of the wound or structural integrity of his femur would've uncovered that.

No wonder none of the players cared for coreys well-being. The all must have known it wasn’t a compound fracture.

Milford came over, while he was getting treated.
[automerge]1595130448[/automerge]
I think his treatment was fine, the only thing I have issue with is our entire medical staff examining him whilst he was waiting to go to hospital and not a single one of them realising 'Wait a minute, that's not a bone, it's a welt!'.

I feel like a rudimentary examination of the wound or structural integrity of his femur would've uncovered that.

Problem is they come off, Freddie is there and says quick mate what happened- Doctor says unsure maybe a fracture we will find out but the cut is deep.

Freddie- Broncos staff think it's a compound fracture. Then it goes around the world in 30 seconds while in five minutes they had it better diagnosed.

Last edited:
Problem is they come off, Freddie is there and says quick mate what happened- Doctor says unsure maybe a fracture we will find out but the cut is deep.

Freddie- Broncos staff think it's a compound fracture. Then it goes around the world in 30 seconds while in five minutes they had it better diagnosed.

I'm talking about Seibold. He was told by our staff it was likely a compound fracture of the femur. They had plenty of time to examine him and debrief him prior to the post game presser.

I'm talking about Seibold. He was told by our staff it was likely a compound fracture of the femur. They had plenty of time to examine him and debrief him prior to the post game presser.
Maybe he knew, and it was a bit of deflection? Give some of the media something else to use as a headline instead of how shitty the Broncos are. Just throwing ideas lol.

The skin was raised around the huge cut they suspected that was his bone.

I take it you have never actually stepped foot on the field or further past the door of a surgery ward without a benzo or anesthesia.
I go into the surgical wards quite a bit actually. 6 days a week to correct you. Plastics and orthopedics, and ED sometimes too. Never heard of this misdiagnosis on any of these wards before (that's where they'd go btw). Lacerations with a femur fracture, yes, in a massive car accident and a few bike accidents. Not as a misdiagnosis though.
Would be a bit weird if I was on a benzodiazepine or "on" an anaesthestic though considering I'm a physio. Also played footy for years and was the physio for a state soccer team many years ago in my early days, that stuffs a bit boring for me though, same 4 or 5 injuries 90% of the time and you give up your weekends. I prefer working in areas such as intensive care and brain injury rehabilitation though. Im no whiz with this stuff like yourself but when the strength and conditioning coach gives the clubs updates on injuries and had mispronounced the name of injuries on a few occasions and then you see only him in a photo when someone got misdiagnosed massively wrong I guess I was out of line to ask the question. Thanks for the question (?) though mate.

I go into the surgical wards quite a bit actually. 6 days a week to correct you. Plastics and orthopedics, and ED sometimes too. Never heard of this misdiagnosis on any of these wards before (that's where they'd go btw). Lacerations with a femur fracture, yes, in a massive car accident and a few bike accidents. Not as a misdiagnosis though.
Would be a bit weird if I was on a benzodiazepine or "on" an anaesthestic though considering I'm a physio. Also played footy for years and was the physio for a state soccer team many years ago in my early days, that stuffs a bit boring for me though, same 4 or 5 injuries 90% of the time and you give up your weekends. I prefer working in areas such as intensive care and brain injury rehabilitation though. Im no whiz with this stuff like yourself but when the strength and conditioning coach gives the clubs updates on injuries and had mispronounced the name of injuries on a few occasions and then you see only him in a photo when someone got misdiagnosed massively wrong I guess I was out of line to ask the question. Thanks for the question (?) though mate.
Thatt is a fair return of serve.

Belated Oates update. Two hours of surgery:

Good news for Oates.

On another note, who thought it was a good idea to let Wally be a news presenter?. I love the bloke but sheeesh........

He seemed in good spirits in the sheds after the storm game and I didn’t notice much bandaging on his leg. Worst part about the video was the JYY footage. I had to stop it.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.