NEWS Corey Oates cleared of compound fracture

Good to hear for Oatesy, We might be in a big hole but no-one deserves to have their career ended like that.
Still remember watching the action when JYY came down on his ankle and the horror of seeing the replay and noticing his foot sticking out the wrong way....

Hopefully this gives him a wake up call and he can go back to how he used to be. Just having a scare like that can put things into perspective - your footy career can be really short, make the most of it, don't just coast along.

He has options for 2 years? why do we keep doing this shit.
Cause it's an option?
4d9db8c805c0a71c43be0e72c88fd224

So the nrl physio talks some shit as well

Apparently the laceration was really deep and very narrowly avoided arteries.

Seems like the 3 week timeline might be a bit optimistic. Probably an extra week or two.

Apparently the laceration was really deep and very narrowly avoided arteries.

Seems like the 3 week timeline might be a bit optimistic. Probably an extra week or two.

That shit could have ended badly in that area with a high heart rate

Well that's awesome news, no one deserves such a horrific injury.

Now I hope he makes it back asap and hits some solid form.

Really happy it was misdiagnosed.
I'm pleased too but not sure it was misdiagnosed. I didn't hear any doctors say it was a compound fracture, misreported?

I'm pleased too but not sure it was misdiagnosed. I didn't hear any doctors say it was a compound fracture, misreported?

I think the coach said the medicos had said it was a compound fracture in the post-match presser.

According to Oates they all told him it was a compound fracture even though he was saying he didn’t think it was.

Last edited:
According to Oates they all told him it was a compound fracture even though he was saying he didn’t think it was.
But would you really believe Oates with his medical advice

I just noticed something INCREDIBLY concerning. I may be wrong so someone correct me If i am.

I didn't watch this part on tv but in the photos where a Broncos staffer was tending to and assessing Corey oates' injury i noticed that the person was Paul devlin. He is not a physiotherapist from what I understand? He is a strength and conditioning coach. He is also responsible for talking about player injuries on our website. Am I missing something? Have we not got a physio or a sports medico?
What...
The...
Actual...
That cannot be right surely? No offence to strength and conditioning coaches but that's way out of their parameters, and if he is managing and dealing with injuries then it would definitely be a contributing factor to our unheard of injury list, and our constant misdiagnosis and poor return to play timeline estimates. It would actually be negligence to the players and I'd argue they'd be within their rights to take legal action if there was a serious injury and it got mismanaged.
I'm in disbelief and I hope I am wrong here. That is SOOO amateur...

I just noticed something INCREDIBLY concerning. I may be wrong so someone correct me If i am.

I didn't watch this part on tv but in the photos where a Broncos staffer was tending to and assessing Corey oates' injury i noticed that the person was Paul devlin. He is not a physiotherapist from what I understand? He is a strength and conditioning coach. He is also responsible for talking about player injuries on our website. Am I missing something? Have we not got a physio or a sports medico?
What...
The...
Actual...
That cannot be right surely? No offence to strength and conditioning coaches but that's way out of their parameters, and if he is managing and dealing with injuries then it would definitely be a contributing factor to our unheard of injury list, and our constant misdiagnosis and poor return to play timeline estimates. It would actually be negligence to the players and I'd argue they'd be within their rights to take legal action if there was a serious injury and it got mismanaged.

there were medics on the field as well ... otherwise Oates couldn't have been given the green whistle, and he would have been assessed by the doctor once back in the dressing room.

I very rarely see the doctor go onto the field (for any team)

What...
The...
Actual...
To add to this... You do not MISDIAGNOSE A bloody compound femur fracture. It normally takes a motor vehicle accident to break the femur unless you are going through strong chemo or have advanced osteoporosis, even then it normally takes a significant fall. Add to that, a compound fracture means it PENETRATES THE FUCKING SKIN. How the hell can you misdiagnose that?! You just need to use your eyes and see the bone is not sticking out of the skin ffs. No way would he walk off with a compound femur fracture unless he was gettimg carried by 2 mates out of a war zone ffs.

To add to this... You do not MISDIAGNOSE A bloody compound femur fracture. It normally takes a motor vehicle accident to break the femur unless you are going through strong chemo or have advanced osteoporosis, even then it normally takes a significant fall. Add to that, a compound fracture means it PENETRATES THE FUCKING SKIN. How the hell can you misdiagnose that?! You just need to use your eyes and see the bone is not sticking out of the skin ffs. No way would he walk off with a compound femur fracture unless he was gettimg carried by 2 mates out of a war zone ffs.

fucking relax ... do you think the Broncos doctor takes an x-ray machine or MRI machine with him to every match.

besides it wasn't a diagnoses ... it was what they suspected, until they could get Oates to the technology at the hospital to determine what the injury was

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • davidp
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Dony Eliakim
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.