PLAYER Corey Oates

He doesnt feel he is above Q cup at all. Where did that come from? The only issue he had playing in Q Cup was when they affiliated him with a club miles away.
by the way, why did they do that? That made no logical sense.

Oates shouldn't be a first choice winger but if he only wants the minimum he'd be perfectly fine as a backup. It would be pretty disappointing not to see him finish his career here, if the club can't even show the slightest bit of loyalty to long standing players then we shouldn't expect anything the other way either.

Oates averages 120 metres this year from 14 games
Arthurs 111 metres from 18 games
Mariner 125 metres from 20 games

The old Corey Oates made plenty of metres. This years one isnt making as many plus his slowness is costing us points on both ends of the field. He is simply past it as a standard first grade winger.

how many of those 14 games did he play on the wing.

playing on the bench (especially as a backrow) would distort those figures

Oates shouldn't be a first choice winger but if he only wants the minimum he'd be perfectly fine as a backup. It would be pretty disappointing not to see him finish his career here, if the club can't even show the slightest bit of loyalty to long standing players then we shouldn't expect anything the other way either.

Right? I would love to hear the argument against offering a stupidly loyal player that seemingly only wants minimum wage one last contract. Although, given some of the recruitment decisions these deadshits have made over the last couple of years I can't say I'm surprised.

Oates averages 120 metres this year from 14 games
Arthurs 111 metres from 18 games
Mariner 125 metres from 20 games

The old Corey Oates made plenty of metres. This years one isnt making as many plus his slowness is costing us points on both ends of the field. He is simply past it as a standard first grade winger.

If the signing does come into fruition
Gagai 152 meters from 20 games. On top of that he is second in tackle breaks in the NRL! I think the signing makes good sense if Oates doesn’t get resigned.

He should never have done the club a favour last year.

Our R&R team should shoot themselves into the sun. Disgraceful way to treat a club legend. He's still good enough and young enough to be of use for another couple of years. You don't treat a loyal fan favourite who is still offering something like this when he doesn't want to go anywhere.

If the signing does come into fruition
Gagai 152 meters from 20 games. On top of that he is second in tackle breaks in the NRL! I think the signing makes good sense if Oates doesn’t get resigned.
Gagai just resigned for Newcastle. Where did this rumour come from?

Gagai just resigned for Newcastle. Where did this rumour come from?

Probably from the reports that Newcastle is trying to offload anyone and everyone and failing to do so.

Right? I would love to hear the argument against offering a stupidly loyal player that seemingly only wants minimum wage one last contract. Although, given some of the recruitment decisions these deadshits have made over the last couple of years I can't say I'm surprised.
The salary cap isn't a magic pudding?

I would love to keep him on the books, but not if he's never getting a game again.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.