Corey - Yes, man! Or Norman?

Do you rate Corey Norman?

• Total voters
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The fact that the coaching staff, you know the people who are professionals at this, rate the kid makes no impact on you naysayers?

It does me

I get it, I really do

I have concerns from my lounge room too

But perhaps the coaching staff see more of him than I do, and perhaps they know more about the game than me

That is bollocks though. Generally most people on this have watched Rugby league their whole life. They can tell the difference between a quality players and a not so quality player. Difference is the Coaching staff are paying them big bucks so have to show a lot more faith than us.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Have you ever heard coaching staff say "yeah, sorry, this kid is useless"? No. The only time a club shows they really don't rate someone is if contract renewal time comes and they just don't.

Admittedly for some inexplicable reason it seems they want to stop Parramatta taking him, but hopefully after 6 rounds of more useless crap from Norman they'll come to their senses and pack his bags for him.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Have you ever heard coaching staff say "yeah, sorry, this kid is useless"? No. The only time a club shows they really don't rate someone is if contract renewal time comes and they just don't.

Admittedly for some inexplicable reason it seems they want to stop Parramatta taking him, but hopefully after 6 rounds of more useless crap from Norman they'll come to their senses and pack his bags for him.

Indeed just like they don't come out and say **** off coach you suck, they say the coach has the full support of the board, few days or weeks later his gone.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Thankfully the Broncos don't use that line too often!

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Weren't they using that line a fair bit the off-season before Henjack was sacked?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Lol, the you're not a professional so what do you know argument.

Beads has a good point, I've been watching league religiously since I was about 6 years old, 15+ years on I think I can have my own opinion. I still think Griffin was wrong to drop Maranta for Hoffman last year, coaches are not perfect. I do trust Griffin though, he seems to have the most important thing which is the respect of the players.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Could you imagine if Hook listened to us? I reckon the side would change every week and every possible player would get a run!

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
and if the board listened to the fans in 1990-1991 Bennett would have been given the axe, but then the fans are always right aren't they.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Hopefully the Bhq mock works like it did with Boyd

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Can't see it. Boyd had ability. And not in a key position. Norman has limited ability, no brain, no heart, and yet they want him in a key position.

Playing Norman on first grade is conceding defeat.

Ricky. Buy him. Now.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Can't see it. Boyd had ability. And not in a key position. Norman has limited ability, no brain, no heart, and yet they want him in a key position.

Playing Norman on first grade is conceding defeat.

Ricky. Buy him. Now.

Can we chip in a few bucks

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Someone do a Moe on Mr Burns in the bowling team

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
He didn't seem to have changed much since last year in the trial against the Warriors. Lockyer rates him and Hook seems to love him. I'd rather him at fullback if he had to be in the team though.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I have no opinion either way.

It feels like we're no closer to having a clue as to who our top 17 is let alone whether norman is in it.

Unread

Active Now

• john1420
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Seibs
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.