Corey - Yes, man! Or Norman?

Do you rate Corey Norman?

• Total voters
Thread bump.

I laugh at people in here who had faith in the pretender.

I hope Prince can find some good form and rip it up this year.

tumblr_leeqxb0YtH1qdlkgg.gif

Still reckon Norman is a centre but wants to be the star of the show. Trouble is with him at 5/8 there is no show

Re: Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Norman deserves to be dropped but doesn't belong with Maranta as a try bomber.

Norman is second on the NRL list of LBA in the game and he's been creating opportunities no other player in our club would have been able to create at fullback. It's basically what's kept him in the team for this long.

Norman's problem is that he's a bonehead and is always good for the odd momentum killing mistake. It just so happened on Friday he came up with two and one of them cost us the game.

He'll play in Townsville. I have little doubt and that will be the end of my support for Hook.

In saying that, both our halves and hooker deserve blame for bombing opportunities. I'd at least have them above Norman on that front.

Norman is second on the NRL list of LBA in the game and he's been creating opportunities no other player in our club would have been able to create at fullback. It's basically what's kept him in the team for this long.

Norman's problem is that he's a bonehead and is always good for the odd momentum killing mistake. It just so happened on Friday he came up with two and one of them cost us the game.

He'll play in Townsville. I have little doubt and that will be the end of my support for Hook.

In saying that, both our halves and hooker deserve blame for bombing opportunities. I'd at least have them above Norman on that front.

Agreed. Difference being is that the others don't look disinterested and will be here next year.

I also agree that griffin will name Norman, so he has around nine days left of my support

Norman has benefited from the good space provided by Prince. He gets a LBA for putting someone through but the space to allow Norman to come in the line with spanned-out defence is never his doing. On top of that, he's bombing more than he's executing. I counted 3 3-on-2's against the Sharks where he had the ball and he died with it every time.

Norman has benefited from the good space provided by Prince. He gets a LBA for putting someone through but the space to allow Norman to come in the line with spanned-out defence is never his doing. On top of that, he's bombing more than he's executing. I counted 3 3-on-2's against the Sharks where he had the ball and he died with it every time.

Never his doing? Please, the guy has created opportunities with his passing game that were otherwise never on - that's basically what kept us in that first Storm game and has been a feature of our season.

Can you point those opportunities out? He doesn't have a 100% strike record, that's for sure, but I'd imagine he's completing and creating more opportunities than either half.

I just like how in one play Ben Hunt was able to do something neither of our halves were able to in 40+ minutes. Go to the line, put the defence in two minds and put his receiver on the outside.

Last edited:

Never his doing? Please, the guy has created opportunities with his passing game that were otherwise never on - that's basically what kept us in that first Storm game and has been a feature of our season.

Can you point those opportunities out? He doesn't have a 100% strike record, that's for sure, but I'd imagine he's completing and creating more opportunities than either half.

I just like how in one play Ben Hunt was able to do something neither of our halves were able to in 40+ minutes. Go to the line, put the defence in two minds and put his receiver on the outside.

Hunt should be in the halves. Actually he must be IMO. At this point I couldn't give a **** who it's at the expense of.

I'm happy for Norman to be selected if that what Hook thinks is best for the team. But, (if) once we are no longer a 'mathematical chance' of making the finals, he has to go. That is when we have to start building for next season and giving Bond, Kahu or even someone like Granville a shot at fullback. The only way Norman could stay on as fullback for the rest of the season if we are to be out of the finals race would be if we had someone locked up to come here for next year.

Norman tops our try assists because our entire plan revolves around him. 5 simple hit-ups, followed by a bomb to the corners or a 2nd man pass to Norman. KHunt would have had like triple the amount if he was our fullback now.

Last edited:
Ask yourself this - why does our gameplan revolve around Norman?

May it have something to do with our halves and their lack of ability?

Prince is really the only player capable of sparking something and even so he's on tired legs out there and just doesn't have that extra yard which would make all the difference in the world.

Yeah, I agree that our halves are horrendous. Norman is talented, but dumb as a rock.
The attack is based around Norman, but is also very predictable.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.