Could Bennett take Taylor from Titans?

We released Taylor a year early for the Tit's benefit, it'd be nice if they'd return the favour (the won't). If we kept him for that extra year I doubt he even plays a single game for the Tits as he'd probably be our number 1 half post Hunt's 2015 meltdown and continued lack of form thereafter, especially after he signed for the drags.

I think Wayne believes that Ash and Milf have the ability to be the next Walters and Langer as he believed Milf and hunt were until hunt did himself no favours and took they money and ran away

Look.

What we do about Taylor is dependant on this year.

If Milf and Nik combine and we win the premiership (that's a big if but just for the sake of argument) then I doubt we sign Taylor.

I'd rather spend the money on consolidating the pack with a view to the 2021 pack being something like...

Haas
Macca
Lodge
Oates
TPJ
Moose

Your pack wins big games..,

If we look like crap with milf and nik you try to sign Taylor (though I reckon Cleary is better)

Didn't lodge just quit rugby league and return to Sydney?

It really depends on what Ash wants for a career

If it's all about the money, I would say they will outbid the Broncos

But if the kid wants a genuine chance at a premiership, and to play in front of 30,000 loyal fans at a world class stadium, the choice is clear

Maybe, but I also think the best players are mentally tough enough to recover from it too.

Indeed......even the greatest have had howlers. None of them crumpled up into a corner afterwards and lost all ability to play the game though.

Offa in amongst that too and it can a pretty mean looking pack.
Forgot Offa.

I reckon we aren't far from having a good pack.

Lodge and Haas are both over 190 cm and 110 kegs - Offa is 190 and 110.

Imagine how good the team will go if the pack can dominate the opposition forwards?

I think if oates wants to play in the forwards i think he will have to change clubs because we have alot of backrowers sua, Fifita coming through that we need to keep

I think if oates wants to play in the forwards i think he will have to change clubs because we have alot of backrowers sua, Fifita coming through that we need to keep
thing is just because he was a 2nd rower when he was younger, doesn't mean we have to shift him there now.

he may want to, because you get more money as a forward than you do as a winger, but for the balance aspect of our team there is no reason to rush him into the forwards unless absolutely necessary.

Good question......not at the moment he doesn't, IMO.

Are u for real?

If comes down to Oates v one of the juniors bye bye to the junior.

We need fewer backrowers in our club. We have too many already hence Blair is playing prop.

I think Oates is a great winger!.... BUT, outside of his put downs which are largely attributable to his height and practise, he isn't a great winger because of his wing skills. He is a great winger because of his forward skills ( eg ability to hit the line hard and his leg speed in the tackle). He can catch a high ball now but he can go through periods of being bad with this, he has trouble with low balls, he is quick but not off the mark for a winger, has poor positioning at times (I won't bring up the gf I swear) and has trouble turning for a ball put behind him (which was manipulated by the blues in game one-although he still played better then Holmes in either of his games!)

People forget how good he was from 2nd row: he is a MAGNIFICENT line runner, is hard to stop close to the line, hits hard in defence, and is a different/awkward shaped body... his best assets on the wing (metre making out of the danger zone) can still be utilised if needed (eg 3rd tackle). His high ball catching can also be better used in attack from 2nd row believe it or not (a.k.a luke Lewis-who he remind me of in playing style massively)

So to repeat, he is a great winger, but all the skills he has at wing can be used in the 2nd row and then some!

So while he is our best winger, I believe it will be better for the team to put in a serviceable winger for now whilst putting the best option there is in each position that gets the most action in dangerous positions

He should be our left centre but unfortunately, that doesn't seem like ever happening.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.