Cricket World Cup

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Place where we can talk about the cricket World Cup and all things related to it.

Glenn Maxwell just made 50 of 30 balls and is absolutely whacking the Poms. New Zealand had a 98 run win over Sri Lanka earlier today.

Interesting end to the Aus-Eng game. Can you be run out after being given out lbw and then winning a review?

To clarify, the other batsman was given out run out.

Last edited:
So if Australia aren't one of the top sides, as according to Broard and Capt Morgan. How bad are the poms going.

Interesting end to the Aus-Eng game. Can you be run out after being given out lbw and then winning a review?

Watching it live I knew the umpires were making the wrong decision. Although it was going to have no bearing on the game, Taylor deserved to get his century. Also run/rates could very well decide where teams finish for the QFs so another 10-15 runs for England could have helped their NRR. It was farcical, and the umpires should have known.

Good first up whiteout for the Aussies !

Watson must seriously be close to getting the chop though, especially with Clarke due back (no pun intended)

Selection headaches are a good thing though right ??

The key will be how NZ play out of NZ. Have SA tanked? Who else will show up. The poms are mentally shot. Don't think australia have played at anymore than 70% so far and keep finding a way out of tough situations. Bailey's innings yesterday can't be undervalued.
i though Taylor's was the ugliest 98 I've ever seen. Not surprised to see him fall short .. Hehehe.

NZ don't play outside of NZ until the final, unless they Fail to finish top two in their pool which is unlikely.

No it should have been dead ball.

It was a blunder but every cup has one and better to happen now then the Final.

How awesome has the India v Pakistan game been? You could almost rename Adelaide - Little India.

Also, Zimbabwe showed some ticker against SA.

If Zimbabwe wasn't run by that ruthless racist dictator they probably would be up there as one of the strongest teams in world cricket. A lot of good cricketers and Rugby players come out of Zimbabwe.

Formula for rest of WC games = Win toss and bat.

Well done to Ireland. I've got an Irish background so my 2nd country in any sport is Ireland.

An upset but not a major upset IMO. Irish cricket and cricket in Ireland has been growing whilst cricket in the Caribbean has been declining and the standard has been dropping sadly.

Yeah, so hard to see the Windies struggle. They were always my 2nd team and loved the way they played. However, they only have themselves to blame. Leaving Pollard and Bravo out was just stupid.

Kiwis scrape home against the Scotts, well... not really scrape home, but win a bit less emphatically than they were meant to.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.