Crocker denied Visa

C

cam

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
^^^ As per title

Melbourne apparently cant afford him. For the love god Broncos management - please lure him back to Brisbane for one last hurrah in the NRL.

Ever since B. Thorn went back to rugby and the retirement of one A. Gee, the broncos have lacked that special player who you could always count on to give away at least 2 or 3 stupid penalties in every single game of rugby league.

Sure Ashton Sims and certain others have been known to mix it up from time to time, but to include them with the idiotic masterminds listed above would be an absolute insult to Gee, Thorn and Co .

Every team needs that special brand of idiot. Look at the last 3 premiership sides:

Manly - Matai
Melbourne - CROCKER
Brisbane - Thorn

Get him back to Redcliffe, secure him some kind of fishing or bus driver job for when he retires, get him and the mrs a voucher to Morgans seafood, whatever it takes

Pretty sure Crocker has already said he was going to retire rather than play in the NRL again if he got turned down.

Do you have a link to the article? Why was he denied a visa? Carney I can understand - criminal record and all, but why Crocker?

Well there you go - I did not know about that.

Seriously you would think clubs would ensure a visa will be forthcoming before signing players.

Thats unfortunate for Michael and Hull, but I guess when your a naughty boy these days countries will be a lot more strict on who goes in.

Michael Crocker's visa problems open door for NRL return

February 02, 2009 MICHAEL Crocker may not be lost to rugby league after all, with his management team revealing the former Test forward was contemplating a return to the NRL if his Super League deal fell through.

8-)

It'd be good to have him available for Origin. Providing he is in form that is.

It'd be good to have him available for the Broncs!! ...and yeah sure I'd let him play some origin on the side icon_thumbs_u

Pity we've got no dollars left for this year. Although we did release David Stagg... not that that would free up much dollars and perhaps de-vere may of used some of that up I'm not sure.

I'd say every club in the NRL has their salary cap pretty much reached. The question is whether the NRL would let someone of Crocker's standing sign a match fees contract at the minimum rate...I doubt they would.

But they may due to extraordinary circumstances and not want to deny Crocker a job. Why? Because if the salary cap prevented Crocker getting a gig he could theoretically challenge the salary cap in court as a restraint of trade (ie, it's preventing him working in his chosen profession in Australia).

Interesting...

Crocker is probably thinking *sigh* I suppose I'll go to souths then :P

i saw on the ch 7 news down the bottom of the screen that the Bulldogs were going to make a play for him. Believe what u will.

Hmmm, losing $BW must've really freed up some salary cap cash.

Hannant
Ennis
Stagg
Morris
Kimmorley
Crocker

Hmmm....

Coxy said:
Hmmm, losing $BW must've really freed up some salary cap cash.

Hannant
Ennis
Stagg
Morris
Kimmorley
Crocker

Hmmm....

If I was the NRL i would really scrutinize the Bulldogs books, given their past actions, especially if they sign Crocker

They lost Maitua as well but there is no way that him and Sonny Bill would be worth all of the talent that they have purchased, particularly if they nab Crocker. I agree with bfoord totally!

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.