OPINION CROFT FOR CAPTAIN

Didn't see much Reyter stuff. New to the forum.
But clearly you have bias towards Carrigan, and if anybody is critical of his place in the team, you cry foul. .
awks

I'm not crying foul Reyter. I just know quality when i see it. Id say you must be a Titans supporter, you wouldn't be used to it.

Do you really expect a workhorse lock to show up in the highlights real though?
Tbf a workhorse normally puts up bigger numbers than he did. I don’t think he’s bad, I just think he’s massively overrated on here. Is he even in our best 13 when we’re fully fit?

I'm yet to be convinced.
That's because he's still newbie, to put it in perspective Fifita has played more first grade. Yes Fifita has more highlights but still doesn't put up consistent numbers.
People expect so much from the young guys these days and that is a big reason most crash and burn.

Didn't see much Reyter stuff. New to the forum.
But clearly you have bias towards Carrigan, and if anybody is critical of his place in the team, you cry foul. .
awks

Most people are biased towards him because he is a great young player.
Awks

That's because he's still newbie, to put it in perspective Fifita has played more first grade. Yes Fifita has more highlights but still doesn't put up consistent numbers.
People expect so much from the young guys these days and that is a big reason most crash and burn.
That's fair, I just guess I dont see what everyone else does yet.

I think we have just been so blessed with ridiculous young talent like Haas and Fifita that we struggle to appropriately apportion credit to someone like Pat Carrigan.

Not at all, it's bleeding obvious at this point that Carrigan will be the brains and the leadership behind this side before too long. Personally I think he's on a better trajectory than Jai Arrow.

Tbf a workhorse normally puts up bigger numbers than he did. I don’t think he’s bad, I just think he’s massively overrated on here. Is he even in our best 13 when we’re fully fit?
His numbers were over 60 mins though... a look at other locks from around the league suggests he's not too far off the pace. Also taking into account the humid conditions up north:
Carrigan 10 (107m) 31 tackles

Nathan Brown 12 runs (80m) 35 tackles
Arrow 14 (119m) 34 tackles
Tapine 12 (104m) 39 tackles
Lolo 16 (189m) 31 tackles
Jack Williams 14 (114m) 31 tackles
Liam Knight 14 (122m) 31 tackles
Fisher Harris 18 (147m) 37 tackles 80mins
- wasn't lock but is a better comparison as a work horse
Finucane 9 (82m) 22 tackles
Jake Turbo 9 (62m) 48 tackles (80mins)
Blake Lawrie 18 (134m) 41 tackles

Big numbers dont mean you have played poorly either. TPJ, in what people regularly acknowledge was his best ever game for us against the Cows last year, made under 100 meters iirc. Its the quality of the work that counts, not the quantity.
[automerge]1584308514[/automerge]
His numbers were over 60 mins though... a look at other locks from around the league suggests he's not too far off the pace. Also taking into account the humid conditions up north:

Which is the go to resource for the correct stats? NRL has Pat with 117 meters, 34 tackles.

Last edited:
Just baserd on stats, seems like Flegs outplayed him.

Last edited:
Which is the go to resource for the correct stats? NRL has Pat with 117 meters, 34 tackles.
Not sure I just got them all from champion data, as that was referenced earlier in the thread, to allow comparison from the same data sets.

.....i thought Horsbrough from Canberra had good numbers this weekend...though dont know what happens to him when Bateman returns..?
[automerge]1584310694[/automerge]
also, stats only tell part of the story; I saw a few times during the game when our edges were under pressure, particularly Masters who with his size and speed is a real handful on our edges; whenever Croft/Staggs or Milf/Boyd had issues defensively it was Carrigan who came over and snuffed it out.

In my book that's a effective 1st/2nd tackle....and Paddy made quite a few...

Last edited:
First contact was way better than it had been last year or in the trials. And Pat led that. Not arm grabs to be found. He smashed their runners with his full force and rode them down to the ground.

Well after watching Melbourne yesterday, i bet bellamy wishes he had croft!

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • bb_gun
  • KnToad
  • Broncosgirl
  • RodF
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.