OPINION CROFT FOR CAPTAIN

Just baserd on stats, seems like Flegs outplayed him.

Sort of why I’m uncertain. These two blokes are probably on par then we have Lexi and Lodge, so it’s a coin toss if he’s in the best 13.

Obviously lodge is out for an extended period and tpj cant stay on the park so Carrigan will get plenty of time.

yeh well....we are probably gunna have to allow a few of these young forwards leave due to expected salary cap pressures in a year or 2. Obviously im assuming Bird opts in and we have his contract for 2021.

Flegs, Offa and Kennedy may have to be shown the door the way Arrow and E'ssesse were...

yeh well....we are probably gunna have to allow a few of these young forwards leave due to expected salary cap pressures in a year or 2. Obviously im assuming Bird opts in and we have his contract for 2021.

Flegs, Offa and Kennedy may have to be shown the door the way Arrow and E'ssesse were...

You'd let go of Kennedy and Joffa before you let go of any of Flegs, Carrigan or Fifita. Haas is the guy you keep at all costs. Lodge even is not expendable if it comes down to a choice between him and the others. Joffa will also stay, he loves the club and the club loves him.

Not at all, it's bleeding obvious at this point that Carrigan will be the brains and the leadership behind this side before too long. Personally I think he's on a better trajectory than Jai Arrow.
I was just about say that he reminds me of a bigger version of arrow without the offload. every run is an effort run, hits with some sting and doesn’t often find himself out of position. But because he’s not “giant barnstorming Bolter” as the media puts it, he flys under the raider somewhat.

Last edited:
neither of them were shown the door ... they accepted pretty big overs to play elsewhere

"Shown the door" was a euphemism...the club choose not to chase the market for them, and one of the main reason was the group of forwards we saw play the Cowboys...

I really think, long term, we should be looking to build some sort of war chest to be deployed in 2-3 years from now. One good game wont convince me we have our long term premiership winning fullback or half back.

I truly hope so, but we need to have a long term vision that states IF they both cant get us another premiership, we need to go to the market to find them. I apply this also to turps, he may not be the long term answer either...?

Ask yourself; what do the very best fullbacks and half backs cost per season? Around 1 million a season id wager. So....how do we find that money in a 10 million odd salary cap; and how is available that meets the first criteria?

Id be prepared to lose 3-4 or more guys on $300K a year or so to allow the club to at least chase 1 if not both positions. I don't have it at hand but id look long and hard at the contracts for Offa, Kahu, Flegs, Isaako, Croft etc....

Just jawboning; id hope the club have the metal fortitude to be looking at things like this but who knows...?

I'm assuming if and when the season resumes, he will be lining up in the 7? How is his shoulder doing?

I'm assuming if and when the season resumes, he will be lining up in the 7? How is his shoulder doing?

It was only a 1-3 week injury at the time, he'll be sweet.

If all goes to plan we should have Glenn & Lodge ready for R3 as well.

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. Oates
15. Lodge
16. Joffa
17. Hoppa/Macca

That side will take some beating this year, particularly putting TPJ back in there.

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. Oates
15. Lodge
16. Joffa
17. Hoppa/Macca

That side will take some beating this year, particularly putting TPJ back in there.
Ive liked what hoppa has brought but imagine adding teo in for hoppa. If we keep this pack together I have no doubt it will go down among the greatest packs in history...

If Croft is our captain and Dearden is our long term halves prospect... That does not look good for Milford’s future at the club. I think we’d be insane to keep Milford on 1 mil over retaining and playing Dearden at 6.

Long term our spine will be this

1.Isaako / Niu
6. Dearden
7. Croft
9. Turpin / Paix
[automerge]1587175555[/automerge]
Ive liked what hoppa has brought but imagine adding teo in for hoppa. If we keep this pack together I have no doubt it will go down among the greatest packs in history...

Would be an absolute dream to have Fifita and Te’o in the backrow.. I’d love to have Te’o back.. He’d be a great leader for our young pack.

8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Te’o
13. Carrigan
17. Ofahengaue

Last edited:

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bish
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • kiwi2
  • mieko
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.