Dale Copley

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Copley has been playing outstanding, the question is can he play fullback? If he can then you'd be tempted to shift him to fullback and shift barba to the halves and send hoffman to qld cup or onto the wing.

I've always thought Copley would make an excellent FB. He is such a strong, elusive runner. Can he kick long though? He can certainly short kick well.

As for Barba, I would have loved to see him in the halves. The only problem with that is his running game (when it returns 100%) is so dangerous from the back. Neverthless, I would have preferred him in the halves from the start.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I don't think Copley is a fullback at all. Fullback is a position that requires so much more impact these days, especially in attack. Copley is very solid these days but nothing about him suggests he can be a strike weapon at fullback.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think Copley is a fullback at all. Fullback is a position that requires so much more impact these days, especially in attack. Copley is very solid these days but nothing about him suggests he can be a strike weapon at fullback.

I will resist the urge and say the word Hoffman. Guess I failed.

As for Copley, I guess we will never find out. I'd like him in the centres too

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
While it was a long time ago, Copley played a handful of games at fullback in 2009, in fact he made his first grade debut in the position and was for my money relatively poor. His work under the high ball especially was terrible and nothing about his game stood out in that position. In comparison, he always looked a class above in the centres.

I believe that is where he should be played.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
While it was a long time ago, Copley played a handful of games at fullback in 2009, in fact he made his first grade debut in the position and was for my money relatively poor. His work under the high ball especially was terrible and nothing about his game stood out in that position. In comparison, he always looked a class above in the centres.

I believe that is where he should be played.

I stand corrected

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I'm a big fan of Copley. He showed some real pleasing signs at the end of 2012. Strong kick returns, good defense etc. His injuries in 2013 were a big blow to the team. He's been outstanding this year.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I also feel like he's being wasted on the wing...I mean, it's not like he's good under the high ball either.

If we aren't going to drop Reed, then I think Copley and Vidot need to at least swap positions. I mean Vidot has always been a right side player, and Copley a left side for us in the past. That way he can swap with Reed in attack sometimes and play centre too.

L

loc

Apr 25, 2014
I still think Copley has potential in the FB jersey whilst we wait for AM in order to get Barba into the halves, this season.

Last edited:
LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
If you want someone else at FB to get Barba to 5/8, make it Maranta. He has been solid in his games for us this year, and he is actually a FB. Let him play there. Hoffy to wing, Copley to centres.

Won't be worse than what we've got now, except BB will be defending against big boppers all game..

L

loc

Apr 25, 2014
Maranta has been solid under the high ball most of the season but he seems to lack the zip.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
when Hodges was out early on Copley was killing it at centre and maranta was most improved on the wing. whereas reed was struggling. so what does hook do? yep rewards the struggler

Active Now

• Big Del
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • levikaden
  • bb_gun
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncsgoat
  • IceWorks
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • ell.d33
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • dirtyharry
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ejbroncos
  • eggstar10
  • Morepudding
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.